Where are the rest of the answers?

comcox

Yes, we should thank Mr. Pimentel for his time but it is fair for people who asked intelligent questions to get intelligent answers. Some questions frankly were ignored and boilerplate was substituted for an answer.

Having been a professor of marketing, I should have some understanding of "Corporate Speak". and should be able to understand corporate answers.

Please refer to my question re: B2B discounts that were announced in the new brochure and read Mr. Pimentel's answer. Then tell me the answer to this fairly simple question:

"On our 2 leg, 27 night B2B cruises on Journey in January/February, 2011 (Sea of Cortez and Panama Transit), how much should our total B2B discount be?"

Respectfully submitted for your consideration and answers, Bill

Please refer to my question re: B2B discounts that were announced in the new brochure and read Mr. Pimentel's answer. Then tell me the answer to this fairly simple question:

"On our 2 leg, 27 night B2B cruises on Journey in January/February, 2011 (Sea of Cortez and Panama Transit), how much should our total B2B discount be?"

I don't think they know the answer. Seriously.

When we booked our B2B we were told there would be no discount. Then, before final payment was due they took $200 off each leg. When we made the final payment it had been raised to $300.

I think it must change day to day which is why you can't get a straight answer. :D

Susan-M, with all due respect, I think that you may be coming across as a little harsh.

Ed, yes, I agree and did recognize this when I composed that post, however, please note that I did indicate that I was referring to "some posters".

Bill, My interpretation of Mr. Pimentel's answer is that the total discount from the combined fares for you and your wife for both cruises will be $800.

Ed, yes, I agree and did recognize this when I composed that post, however, please note that I did indicate that I was referring to "some posters".

Bill, My interpretation of Mr. Pimentel's answer is that the total discount from the combined fares for you and your wife for both cruises will be $800.

Thank you for you replies. I really do appreciate them. :)

You agree with my friend Bill from Chicago who has a penthouse for the cruises. :D

So far three different answers to a simple question, four if you count my TA's original answer of no discount. :(

The next question is; "Will the B2B discount be considered to be a benefit which would take away my RCCL shareholder's OBC?"

Bill

Thanks Bill, and good luck with getting answers. Please keep us posted.

(I'm curious as to what the other two interpretations were?)

$0, $400, $600 and $800 are the four.

I hope that I have not sounded too negative but CEO Pimentel should deliver what he promises. I suppose there should have been the ability for the questioner to reply to his answer, if it did not answer the question. I have enjoyed sailing on Celebrity and Azamara and will do more of it in the future. Let's hope that he can make Azamara an even better experience.

We are looking forward to the new perks. Wine at the table, good coffee and bottled water are great. We have been on a ship where the water at times was black and not drinkable. We are used to tipping and would expect to continue to tip for good service, always for cabin food service and something extra for the cabin attendant and anyone else who gives great service. Some people do not tip so prepaid gratuities will mean nothing to them except a higher cruise fare.

We have not been on HAL but have high expectations for our November cruise around the Horn from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires in one of their new lanai staterooms. It may be a great concept.

We are booked on a May B2B Vancouver/Alaska on Millennium but will have to cancel this week due to medical instability with our travel insurance. It is a cruise we have done before and we will at least get to see Millie from our house as she cruises by. :cool: Bill

Back to USA/CANADA Olympic hockey. Go Canada Go! :D

You don't really need an interpretation...I suggest you call Azamara directly. I spoke with a representative today and questioned the B2B discount for 2 specific seven day cruises we are interested in and was quoted the discount of $300 per cabin per cruise. The representative added that the discount could be different for different combinations. In addition, she acknowledged that the $500 per cabin per cruise OBC currently being offered would be available in addition to the discount.

I was also informed that prices will increase tomorrow March 1.

You don't really need an interpretation...I suggest you call Azamara directly. I spoke with a representative today and questioned the B2B discount for 2 specific seven day cruises we are interested in and was quoted the discount of $300 per cabin per cruise. The representative added that the discount could be different for different combinations. In addition, she acknowledged that the $500 per cabin per cruise OBC currently being offered would be available in addition to the discount.

Thanks for your input. My question originated because I spent nearly an hour on hold with Azamara while they tried to find someone who knew the answer. I was asked for my phone number and was promised a return phone call within an hour. That was nearly two weeks ago and I am still waiting beside the phone. So far the discount for the 27 night b2b is $400 total which is the same for me and my friends in the penthouse.

What is a cruise? Each 7 day segment in your case or the total voyage of 14 days or 27 days in my case? I am still left a bit confused. I will call Azamara again when the correct answers filtre down to the nice people who answer the phones.

Great hockey game today! Great Olympics in my backyard!

Regards, Bill

Last May (2009)

We booked a B2B for on the Journey

October 22 and Nov 3rd, each segment is 12 nights for a total of 24 nights.

This is the Med combined with the Holy Land

For each segment we received a credit of 400USD per stateroom

for a total of 800 USD savings

We are booked in an inside cabin, the 500 OBC is not applicable to inside cabins

So, what type of credit you receive might be completly different depending on your cabin, your itinerary length and the destination.

Last May (2009)

We booked a B2B for on the Journey

October 22 and Nov 3rd, each segment is 12 nights for a total of 24 nights.

This is the Med combined with the Holy Land

For each segment we received a credit of 400USD per stateroom

for a total of 800 USD savings

We are booked in an inside cabin, the 500 OBC is not applicable to inside cabins

So, what type of credit you receive might be completly different depending on your cabin, your itinerary length and the destination.

I hope we get the same B2B discount.

As far as shareholder benefits are concerned there is no $500 OBC. For our cruises we should receive shareholder benefits of $200 for the 11 night cruise and $250 for the 16 night cruise. $250 is the maximum shareholder benefit and the benefit is the same if you are in an inside cabin or in the penthouse.

We should be entitled to $450 in OBCs for the B2B cruise. Bill

Bill,

CONGRATS on a great hockey win and two terrific weeks of Canadian TV hospitality.

We are U.S. and Canadian citizens so we cheer all the winners! Great Olympics - USA for most medals and Canada for the most Gold medals ever at a winter Olympics. (Actually this is the first of three Canadian Olympic games where Canada has won ANY Gold Medals at home!).

Great games, I will post more later. B.C. Bill

I hope we get the same B2B discount.

As far as shareholder benefits are concerned there is no $500 OBC. For our cruises we should receive shareholder benefits of $200 for the 11 night cruise and $250 for the 16 night cruise. $250 is the maximum shareholder benefit and the benefit is the same if you are in an inside cabin or in the penthouse.

We should be entitled to $450 in OBCs for the B2B cruise. Bill

The 500USD OBC I was discussing is a special currently being offered on some 2010 sailings for certain cabins. We don't qualify for that since we are in a inside cabin

We are not share holders.

Though I am Elite with Celebrity and Diamond + with Royal Caribbean.

So, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Le Club Voyage benefits will roll out and if I will be grandfathered into something fabulous.

We are also Celebrity Elite and are waiting to see what Azamara will do for Celebrity Elites. On our Azamara cruises last year we were treated as elite but the benefits were not as good as on a Celebrity cruise.

If Azamara Club Cruises gets its act together we would expect to be Le Club Voyage Elite in the near future, if not we will sail on other cruise lines. I have two Azamara cruises booked and am anxious to see what they do under the new corporate branding. We hope for the best. Bill

Bill,

CONGRATS on a great hockey win and two terrific weeks of Canadian TV hospitality.

The 2010 Olympic Games had strong Native elements in all aspects of the ceremonies, the art and even in the medals which were awarded. An early tradition among West Coast Natives is the Potlatch Ceremony where a family invites all their friends to a great party where there is much feasting and giving of treasured gifts to the guests at the party. The hosts of the potlatch would spend all their wealth on this ceremony. The Potlatch ceremony became illegal when this area "was civilized".

In this tradition, British Columbia invited the world to a great party at Vancouver and Whistler. We hope that all the guests went away much impressed with the celebration and with what they were given. Now we, the hosts of this party, will pay the estimated $3 or $4 billion (or more) that was spent to host the Potlatch. Maybe it will be less as our guests bought millions of red mittens and other Olympic merchandise. Hope that all of you enjoyed! Wasn't that a party!

B.C. Bill

We are also Celebrity Elite and are waiting to see what Azamara will do for Celebrity Elites. On our Azamara cruises last year we were treated as elite but the benefits were not as good as on a Celebrity cruise.

If Azamara Club Cruises gets its act together we would expect to be Le Club Voyage Elite in the near future, if not we will sail on other cruise lines.

Well, my hopes are more ambitous..though probably unrealistic

I'm Elite with Princess and love my free internet and free full service laundry.

I also adore the baby Princess' which are the same ships as Azamara

Azamara could woo me BIG TIME if they had those 2 benefits and grandfathered my Elite Celebrity status into Le Club Voyage!

My loyalty can be bought!!!!

We are on the young side of their demographic ...so there could be about 40+ years of cruising ahead for us!!!

Well, my hopes are more ambitous..though probably unrealistic

I'm Elite with Princess and love my free internet and free full service laundry.

I also adore the baby Princess' which are the same ships as Azamara

Azamara could woo me BIG TIME if they had those 2 benefits and grandfathered my Elite Celebrity status into Le Club Voyage!

My loyalty can be bought!!!!

We are on the young side of their demographic ...so there could be about 40+ years of cruising ahead for us!!!

This week we cancel Millie to Alaska and our 360 minutes of complementary internet time. Viva Elite Celebrity Perks.

The recent forum to ask Mr. Pimental questions about Azamara was poor. Although, it is apparent that he read the postings, his responses were vague. He was polite thanking people for their comments, but he did very little to make any helpful answers. I'm still not sure what direction Azamara is heading. The wait and see attitude about the benefits for the loyalty club make no sense. At least with other lines, the benefits are up front. If Azamara is a offshoot of Celebrity, perhaps they should consider the Captains Club benefits. Many of the folks sailing on Azamara were loyal Celebrity cruisers. I am elite on Celebrity. I've sailed on Azamara also....so what am I? Chopped liver...wait and see doesn't make me feel easy. The wait and see attitude makes me think that Azamara's Mr. Pimental is making it up as he goes. And still no brochure....do they exist? I've requested brochures several times. I am no longer requesting brochures from Azamara.

The recent forum to ask Mr. Pimental questions about Azamara was poor. Although, it is apparent that he read the postings, his responses were vague. He was polite thanking people for their comments, but he did very little to make any helpful answers. I'm still not sure what direction Azamara is heading. The wait and see attitude about the benefits for the loyalty club make no sense. At least with other lines, the benefits are up front. If Azamara is a offshoot of Celebrity, perhaps they should consider the Captains Club benefits. Many of the folks sailing on Azamara were loyal Celebrity cruisers. I am elite on Celebrity. I've sailed on Azamara also....so what am I? Chopped liver...wait and see doesn't make me feel easy. The wait and see attitude makes me think that Azamara's Mr. Pimental is making it up as he goes. And still no brochure....do they exist? I've requested brochures several times. I am no longer requesting brochures from Azamara.

Hi Redtravel !

About your comment of Mr Pimentel being vague, for the most part, I cannot agree with it, as I felt the answers were pretty much what I expected. In a few cases, particularly Le Club Voyage, I was disappointed, as I hoped to hear some details. I have a feeling they are still working on it, which is very odd, as it's now March. Another point to consider: I feel its unreasonable to expect Mr Pimentel to show us his entire hand, as this is a very competitive business, and other lines must read what's being said here. Me ? I'm a glass is half-full person, and I am thankful for whatever Mr Pimentel felt he could share with us.

What is important, is that Mr Pimemtel took time from what must be a very busy schedule, to visit with us, and answer questions on our forum. I feel that Cruise Critic is the best venue on the 'net for this type of interaction, and I hope that Azamara (and Celebrity) does more of this in the future.

As for Le Club Voyage, and Captains Club benefits, I totally agree. Our family has sailed countless Celebrity sailings. Even though it's clear that Azamara is separating itself from Celebrity, I strongly feel that Celebrity loyalty MUST count for something on Azamara, as it's still one big family - starting with Royal Caribbean, to Celebrity, to Azamara. Whether this happens or not, remains a big secret. Frankly, it has me very concerned. It's now less than 30 days from the rollout, and we know nothing about Le Club Voyage. I must ask.... Why is this taking so long ? Azamara should make this a priority. I hope we will hear details about Le Club Voyage soon. I also hope that Azamara does not intend to make us wait until April 1st, though I have a feeling that's the plan.

Regarding the Brochure, I assure you it exists, as I have one sitting on my Desk. I've seen it, and it's beautiful, but I feel that the huge size of it, is massive overkill. IMHO, Azamara may have wasted a ton of money on it. I have to believe they could have delivered the same message or better, for 1/2 the money they probably spent on it - not to mention what it must cost to print and ship this item. Someone mentioned they heard that Azamara is working on a Smaller version of the brochure. I hope that's the case, as it would make far more sense, and save Azamara money, going forward.

Thanks for your comments !

Hi Redtravel !

As for Le Club Voyage, and Captains Club benefits, I totally agree. Our family has sailed countless Celebrity sailings. Even though it's clear that Azamara is separating itself from Celebrity, I strongly feel that Celebrity loyalty MUST count for something on Azamara, as it's still one big family - starting with Royal Caribbean, to Celebrity, to Azamara. Whether this happens or not, remains a big secret. Frankly, it has me very concerned. It's now less than 30 days from the rollout, and we know nothing about Le Club Voyage. I must ask.... Why is this taking so long ? Azamara should make this a priority. I hope we will hear details about Le Club Voyage soon. I also hope that Azamara does not intend to make us wait until April 1st, though I have a feeling that's the plan.

I concur with your comments Andy. As an aside, I usually do not like pre-announcements as they generally seem to generate more questions than answers. One would hope that Asmara has internally formulated their Le Voyage plans and are now beginning to instruct staff on how it works. Hopefully, when the rollout happens in the next 30 days, our questions will be more efficiently answered than what happened with the Club Cruises roll-out. It sure would be nice though to have the roll-out announcement occur in the next few days.

While I appreciated all of the president's comments, the only substantive thing I learned was that the wine program will include a seven-day rotating choice of a red or white. I'm looking forward to tasting their selections. I can't wait for my April 9th voyage.

Ron

I concur with your comments Andy. As an aside, I usually do not like pre-announcements as they generally seem to generate more questions than answers. One would hope that Asmara has internally formulated their Le Voyage plans and are now beginning to instruct staff on how it works. Hopefully, when the rollout happens in the next 30 days, our questions will be more efficiently answered than what happened with the Club Cruises roll-out. It sure would be nice though to have the roll-out announcement occur in the next few days.

While I appreciated all of the president's comments, the only substantive thing I learned was that the wine program will include a seven-day rotating choice of a red or white. I'm looking forward to tasting their selections. I can't wait for my April 9th voyage.

Ron

Ron and Andy,

I have no problem with the name "Le Club Voyage" but would also like to hear the details sooner rather than later. On our two Azamara cruises in 2009 we were elite level and were treated very nicely. The obvious question is what levels will exist in Le Club Voyage and what will be the linkage for those people in RCCL and Celebrity loyalty programs.

Also I have sent Mr. Pimentel's vague answer about B2B discounts to Azamara Customer Service for their intrepretation. My question could and should have had a simple answer.

We love the R-ships and are anxious to be back aboard. Twenty seven nights sounds like heaven regardless of the "Club" benefits. We also hope that Philip Herbert will be the hotel director if he has not been promoted to a higher executive position in the industry. He is the best.

Bill

holy cow, did I read that right? a $300 discount off the fare in addition they give a $500 per cabin OBC???? Holy cow:eek:

You don't really need an interpretation...I suggest you call Azamara directly.

Bill's request was to read Mr. Pimentel's explanation, and based on that, advise what b2b discount applies for his cruises, which is why I posted my interpretation ... and it turns out that my interpretation and your answer from Azamara are the same. :)

Bill's request was to read Mr. Pimentel's explanation, and based on that, advise what b2b discount applies for his cruises, which is why I posted my interpretation ... and it turns out that my interpretation and your answer from Azamara are the same. :)

I emailed the explanation to Azamara and their intrepretation is that we are entitled to a $400 discount on each leg of the cruise for $800 total. Last week when I called them they only gave a discount of $200 for each leg, thus my question to Mr. Pimentel. :D

Join us on the cruise and we will buy you a drink. :cool:

Regards, Bill

What is important, is that Mr Pimemtel took time from what must be a very busy schedule, to visit with us, and answer questions on our forum. I feel that Cruise Critic is the best venue on the 'net for this type of interaction, and I hope that Azamara (and Celebrity) does more of this in the future.

It's nice to hear that Mr. Pimentel will be keeping in touch here, and perhaps do another Q&A session, as per his closing remarks on the forum yesterday: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23353340&postcount=1

Archived