Silly Question: What is DW or DH?

newjerseygeorge

I have been on the board for just over a month and think I know what these letters stand for but I do not want to guess. Please help a person who wants to know a silly question. :cool:

DH = dear husband

DW = dear wife

my wife is referred to by me as "She who must be obeyed"

SWMBO

stole it from Rumpole of the Bailey

I've used 'her indoors' from Arthur Daley in Minder (UK TV show); the 'Long-haired Sargeant Major'; 'Domestic Commanding Officer' and other military based variations.

But usually just 'Yes Dear'!

Thanks guys

I think we new comers need a page just for that intials stand for

Thanks for everyones help. We do need a page just for that intials stand for.

NJGeorge I love your name, I wanted it but you already had it. :mad: NJGeorge is my eBay name. :D

There is a "Sticky" thread that discusses this topic....however, it doesn't really give all of the information.

The full listing of acronyms and their meanings is listed on the Cruise Critic FAQ Page.

You can access it by clicking on this link: Cruise Critic ACRONYMS

What do DW and DH mean?

InTheCruisingYearsOfLife's Lexicon:

DW -- Da Wench

DH -- Da Hunk

DD -- Da Drama-queen

DS -- Da Skateboardaholic

DM -- Da Matriarch

DF -- Da Funds (as in Da source of Funds)

DMIL -- Da Medusa dat Ingests Liquor

DFIL -- Da Fossil dat Ingests La-vi-tra

DDIL -- Da Darn InterLoper

DSIL -- Da Good For Nothing Lowdown Scum Who Stole Da Drama-queen Away From Da Formerly Happy Home

InThe

I've used 'her indoors' from Arthur Daley in Minder (UK TV show); the 'Long-haired Sargeant Major'; 'Domestic Commanding Officer' and other military based variations.

Due to watching too much Star Trek Next Gen, I just refer to her as "Number One". Elevating her to the position of gold on the podium, it also leaves open the possibility of sequels.

InThe

who is this number one on star trek of whom you speak

Picard often referred to Ryker as "Number One".

In college, DW and I took a cooking class together, while we were in our dating days. Of course we chose each other as lab partners, and when she once called me "sweetheart" while negotiating whether we'd put enough shortening in a pie crust, that set me up for a lot of ribbing for the rest of the term from the three other guys in the class, the three football jocks. They called me "Sweetheart" for the rest of the term.

Knowing ahead of time how stuffy our prof was reputed to be, I sneaked an apple to the corner of her desk on the first day of the term. The three jocks took up the gauntlet from then on, and put whatever kind of food was the subject of the lecture on her desk ever after. Late in the term, when the topic was slated to be food poisoning and contamination, the prof requested that they refrain from the tradition.

All this was long before Jean-Luc Picard's term of affection for his faithful sidekick commander, so DW (DGF at the time) and I groped for terms of endearment for many years before "Number One" became the term I use most often. Others taking their turn along the way were "Bride of my Youth", "Jelly BonBon", "Throb of my Heart", and upon occasion, "Ball of my Chain".

InThe

Archived