Question re repo cruise

Dorinda

Hi folks! We just booked a SeaDream repo cruise...San Juan to London for April 2011. It's a long way off but we are excited about trying SeaDream. We have a couple of questions...

I read that the repo cruises have good lecturers...is that right? And what about bridge games? Is there a bridge director or do passengers just organize games themselves? With 15 days and only 1 port we will probably want to play bridge or some other card game.

On Seabourn we were able to order caviar whenever we wanted it...is that true on SeaDream, too? And how is the house Champaign? Good?

Anything else special that we should know about SeaDream?

Cheers!

Dee & John

Hi Dorinda!

I can't answer very many of your questions, but I can tell you that the champagne is fabulous. :D

My blog has a lot of info about SeaDream. Just click the link down there in my signature. :)

On Seabourn we were able to order caviar whenever we wanted it...is that true on SeaDream, too?

Yes, you can order caviar whenever you like. However, there is an additional charge for caviar except when served in connection with a specific event (champagne & caviar splash, Captain's welcome party, Club party, etc.) in which case there is no additional charge.

Hope you have a great trip. Note that there is a great deal of information on this board about SeaDream and in particular about the transatlantic crossings on SeaDream.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dee and John !!

I haven't been on these boards lately and just now saw your post . I am also on this voyage and am looking forward to meeting you both !!! Maybe we can start a roll call when it gets a little closer to the time !! I live in North Carolina not too far from Disney Jen and FT . I am going to make a sign to hold up with their screen names on it .. maybe you both can help me hold it up for the SD1 Blog !!:D I feel that it will get a little chilly as we head north and also some moderate seas but I think it will be wonderful and relaxing !!!

John III

Hey DJ !! I will get there one of these times !! I think it sounded nice !!!

You will need to come along one time to have it count !!!!!!

I held a sign up in Puerto Montt Chile for the Radisson board in '04 . I was in Chilitito Marino Restaurant and they had a webcam and I told in advance when I would be there . I ate a seafood meal there and THEN they gave me a note which came on the fax machine from the owner apologizing for the seafood in their harbor being contaminated !!!:eek: AFTER I ate it !!!!!! I think it's finally going to warm up now !!!! I did not like all the snow and ice !!!:mad:

• 4 weeks later...

We booked this San Juan to London crossing as well, while on board couple weeks ago! Can't wait to spend 15 days on SD!! I feel so fortunate. It is always fun to have a SD holiday to look forward to! :p

We booked this San Juan to London crossing as well, while on board couple weeks ago! Can't wait to spend 15 days on SD!! I feel so fortunate. It is always fun to have a SD holiday to look forward to! :p

I envy you mightily.:D We love London and my Mother is English so we have been lurking about this crossing as well. Just might make it happen, Capn. I know you will have a ball.

J.

I envy you mightily.:D We love London and my Mother is English so we have been lurking about this crossing as well. Just might make it happen, Capn. I know you will have a ball.

J.

It would be nice to meet you, Jim. Been reading your posts for a while. Yes, being on the inaugural into London was very appealing to me, plus London was my favorite layover in my airline days. Amy, a SD2 CAD, who lives in the UK said she will be so excited to see SD1 sailing up the Thames and she'll be waving from Tower Bridge!! This cruise is definately a 'bucket list' item and I am so looking forward to it!

Archived