That old tuxedo question

Has anyone been on Majesty of the Seas lately? I'm booked on the 2/11 weekend to Nassau (third time on this junket, third time on Majesty) and am really debating taking my tux. The last time I donned it for formal night I think I was one of about ten men in the dining room (2nd Sitting) sporting black and white finery. I felt absolutely overdressed...thus, this trip, shall I just leave it at home and make do with a black suit? Help!!!

..why do what everyone else is doing? Wear the Tux. I assume it's just as much trouble to take as a standard suit (which is why I just rent a tux..but that is for a 7 niter and I wear it twice). Yes, you'll stand out..in a classy way.

Mitch

Are you going with your wife or significant other (as they say)? If so, I think the only opinion that matters is that one. I think my DH looks ever so handsome in his tux. He will wear one for me for that reason alone, even though he's sick of wearing them. We do rent one now so he doesn't have to drag it along; we just bring his accessories and dress it up a bit. He was an orchestra musician, musical director, and conductor for fun, so a tux was essentially a "uniform" for him. In fact, the first time I looked down from the stage and saw this handsome gentleman in his tux, I thought "oh my!" Come to think of it, I still think "oh my!" when I see him in a tux--and it's 25 years later.

beachchick

To tux or not to tux.

Have never understood why so many men have questions about this. Have never seen a man who doesn't look dashing and sexy in a tuxedo.

DH never worries about being the only one at dinner in a tux. He wears his because he knows it brings a glimmer to my eyes as well as to his. ;)

Dianne

P.S.

John, I think you look great in your tux too. :D

I'm right back where I started...think I'll just take both my tux and a dark suit and see how the winds blowing? I actually prefer to wear the tux as I enjoy looking great (no easy task for me and every man looks great in a tux!). My brother and his wife are coming along...doubt if he'll get into a tux as I think a jacket and tie is about as far as he'll go...but like the idea of doing what I want to do...sort of the reverse of those guys who refuse to wear a tux because they don't like to be told what to wear or find them "uncomfortable" (ha! I could sleep in my tux for heaven's sake!). Will see...and I enjoyed all the response...the vote seems to be "for" the tux...I tend to agree...

While we were working my DH would not even consider buying a tux, this year we retired and he bought a tux. Rationale: a suit reminded him of work.

I am delighted, he looks awesome in the tux and he finds it really comfortable.

Archived