Feb 6 2011 Legend (is it in drydock)

thesawch

I was going to book the legend for feb 6th 2011.I was looking at the CCL website this morning and there is 2 or 3 weeks now not showing up and its one of the weeks i was going to book the cruise.Is it in drydock at that time and is there somewhere to look when a ship is in drydock?? Thanks

I think I read somewhere that the ships usually go every 3 years. So that would make sense since the Legend was last in drydock in January 2008. I had also noticed the first two sailings in February 2011 are no longer listed. We're booked for Feb 20. If it is in drydock, that will be the first sailing! After some of the comments I read about first sailings after drydock on other ships, I'm not sure I'm liking that possibility :eek:

Or it might be chartered by some group.

I would not do the last cruise before drydock as the crew typically is getting ready to go home and service might be indifferent at best.

First cruise after you might have lots of new crew learning the ship.

I can't find that info in cruisedeckplans dot com for the legend.Maybe someone knows for sure or can find it and add the link?? Thanks

Click on Carnival, then the ship, then Extras, then fact sheet.

Not scheduled.

Maintenance Schedule:

• 2002: no scheduled dates
  • 2003: no scheduled dates
  • 2004: no scheduled dates
  • 2005: dry dock: 4/12/05-4/27/05
  • 2006: no scheduled dates
  • 2007: no scheduled dates
  • 2008: dry dock: 1/06/08-1/19/08

We did the first cruise after drydock in 2008. It was awesome, no waiting for cabin to be ready, crew very friendly and amazing. The ship was spotlessly clean. The Legend was our 7th cruise and favorite thus far...... go, you'll have no regrets cruising after drydock.

Happy Cruising, Sea ya :)

Best two crusies are the ones after and before drydock. The crew always sharper at thsoe two times, especially considering that there is little if any crew turnover at that time. They are all required to be on the ship during the drydock (no vacations at that time) and it is nice for them to see other people, especially considering that as hard as they work when passengers are on baord they work twice as hard during drydock.

Yup... scheduled for drydock at that time..

Where did you find this information?

Best two crusies are the ones after and before drydock. The crew always sharper at thsoe two times, especially considering that there is little if any crew turnover at that time. They are all required to be on the ship during the drydock (no vacations at that time) and it is nice for them to see other people, especially considering that as hard as they work when passengers are on baord they work twice as hard during drydock.

We did the first cruise after drydock in 2008. It was awesome, no waiting for cabin to be ready, crew very friendly and amazing. The ship was spotlessly clean. The Legend was our 7th cruise and favorite thus far...... go, you'll have no regrets cruising after drydock.

Happy Cruising, Sea ya :)

Maybe I should be excited then!? One thing I do hope is that they install the new waterpark on the Legend :D

Archived