Internet in Nassau

Rinderoo

In Nassau I'm going to need to work, and will need a good internet connection for many hours. My research has shown that internet is available in Festival Hall. Anyone ever take a laptop in there and use the connection? On a related note, are there other internet options close to the pier?

I always buy internet on the ship but will need several hours of it which is why I need an internet cafe at port.

Funny thing is that I've been to Nassau many times and have always blasted through Festival Hall and never noticed an internet cafe or kiosks. Where is it located?

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the info.

I'll do $5/hour, but twenty cents a minute is pretty steep considering the ship charges forty cents in the package.

Hope to find it at the pier rather than having to drag the laptop into town.

I cant remember the name of the place but across the street from the entrance to the dock was an internet place. I think it was almost above the starbucks on the second floor of a mall type place. The rates were good and the machines were new. I have used it several times and found it excellent

Dunkin Donuts on Marlborough near the Hilton. Buy a small coffee and you can use their WiFi. You'd have to bring your laptop, but it isn't far and for less than $3, you can stay as long as you like.

Never thought about DD--thanks for the info. I think I will go there if I can't find something in Festival Hall. (Am not a fan of Starbucks coffee and am less of a fan of their internet policy.)

Thanks!

There are numerous internet cafes along Bay St. Don't remember the name of the one I last used but it was on the second floor of a shopping mall that ran off the south side, (towards the waterfront), off Bay St. The mall was 2 story, whitewashed, sort of Southwest motif with a central open air plaza. Cost was in the $5 / hour range.

NassauCyberCafe.jpg

There are numerous internet cafes along Bay St. Don't remember the name of the one I last used but it was on the second floor of a shopping mall that ran off the south side, (towards the waterfront), off Bay St. The mall was 2 story, whitewashed, sort of Southwest motif with a central open air plaza. Cost was in the $5 / hour range.

Looks pretty if I'm going to need to sit there for hours. :D

Been to Nassau many times and I usually don't get off the ship, or if I get off the ship I just get the usual stuff I buy and get on the ship again.

A couple of these cafes charge .20/minute, which is too steep for me. But I'll pay five bucks an hour as it is still less than what I'm going to pay on the ship and is closer than Dunkin Donuts.

Do they have you pay cash, or credit card?

Looks pretty if I'm going to need to sit there for hours. :D

Been to Nassau many times and I usually don't get off the ship, or if I get off the ship I just get the usual stuff I buy and get on the ship again.

A couple of these cafes charge .20/minute, which is too steep for me. But I'll pay five bucks an hour as it is still less than what I'm going to pay on the ship and is closer than Dunkin Donuts.

I was only checking email so I simply bought a 20 minute block for $2. I don't know if they accept cc or not. Prices were significantly lower for larger blocks of time.

Archived