Balconies on Caribbean Princess

above sea level cruiser

Can anyone tell me if the balconies on the Caribbean Princess are tiered or covered?

I have heard that the balcony above is set back from the deck below so that not only are they not covered, you can see directly down on the balcony below. Is this true? We are thinking of a mini suite out of NY this spring.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me if the balconies on the Caribbean Princess are tiered or covered?

I have heard that the balcony above is set back from the deck below so that not only are they not covered, you can see directly down on the balcony below. Is this true? We are thinking of a mini suite out of NY this spring.

Thanks in advance.

Yes they are tiered. The mini-suites on Dolphin are open to all the above decks. If this is a concern and you want a mini-suite, there are 12 mini-suites on the Emerald deck that are totally covered.

Thanks in advance.

Riviera/Aloha/Baja decks are all even with each other.

They all over look Caribe balconies which stick out about 6 feet. These balconies are partially covered so you still would have some privacy from above. Then they all overlook....

The Dolphin deck minis that stick out about 9 feet. These balconies are fully exposed.

Frankly, really didn't notice it too much...

We overlooked a couple of tiers, and one tier overlooked us, but everyone is in such a good mood it gave us more opportunity to socialize with our fellow guests....

I will say the lower balconies are HUGE, tho....!

No noise from Club Fusion. Only rumble of stabilizers due to very windy weather last week. Loved the large balcony as we like to watch the ships wake. Had friends on cruise that were in 739 and 737 they really liked that the balconies were covered and had a mini suite.

Happy sailing

Are these balconies larger to make them BA?

No. it's location that gives them the higher grade. The people who decree the grades of cabins have come up with the idea (like hotels) that higher is better. They've also decided the the Caribe balconies, being so large, should be the highest grade of balcony cabin. So, if you want a BA, you can have a bigger balcony lower on the ship, or be on the same deck as the pools and buffet, and have a standard balcony.

This is a pic I took from the Carnival Pride of the port side of Caribbean Princess in Grand Turk last summer. It shows the last few cabins on Emerald, Dolphin and Caribe deck, and much bigger the balconies are on those end mini-suites. (E730, D732, and presumably the same on the other side of the ship).

549.jpg?t=1267549403

Dan,

THANK YOU for posting this picture. We're booked on the last balcony on the Emerald Deck on the September '10 and January '11 cruises. This is the best picture showing how much bigger the balcony is on that deck.

Archived