Which cruise line to Bermuda

CarolRoy

Not sure what cruise line to book for Bermuda. Never been to Bermuda. Been on RC a few times. Not sure if we want to do their 5-day cruise. Looking at Celebrity and HAL for 7-day cruise. HAL docks at Hamilton and St. Geroge. Interested in feedback on passengers - age, etc. We have been on 15 cruises so far.

I have no experience with HAL, however I've sailed to Bermuda twice. Once on Celebrity Horizon & once on RCCL's Empress of the Seas. Neither of which sail for those lines any longer.

From what I understand, HAL stays in Bermuda longer than the other lines do. I'm going again in May on Celebrity Summit. Summit docks at the Royal Dockyard, not Hamilton & St. George. So, there is a little advantage there, too, for HAL. However, buses & ferries leave from the Dockyard pretty often to take you to Hamilton or St. George.

I really like the Celebrity product. But, there are many people who really like HAL. I think the other choice that has 7 night cruise is NCL, but I'm not sure. I've never tried them either. Whichever line & ship you go on, Bermuda is a beautiful, friendly island & is not to be missed.

The ages of pax on Celebrity & Hal are similar on most sailings, however it runs the full gamut of very young to very old on Bermuda Cruises. There are definitely more families on these cruises than to the Caribbean. This is because there are less cruises to Bermuda than the Caribbean.

Another thought came to mind. If your a member of Crown & Anchor above Gold Level, Celebrity may be a better bet. If you are Platinum in C&A, you would be considered Select in the Captain's Club. If you're Diamond (or Diamond +) in C&A, you'd be Elite in Celebrity. If you are only Gold in C&A, there is no advantage, since you can't join Captain's Club until after your cruise. Also, be advised the Celebrity Cruises don't add up with your RCCL cruises. They are separate in that way. Check out the benefits on the Celebrity website to see if these benefits are of value to you, if you are eligible.

My first cruise was on Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda. Loved it. :D. My cruise the next year to Bermuda was on Azamara Journey. Again loved it.:D For the last 2 summers and this summer we go on the Dawn(NCL). Loved it.:D Hal is only in Bermuda for a few more hours...not worth the extra money....Celebrity docks the same place as ncl...the Dockyard...not worth the extra money...The Dockyard is a good place to dock. I did love docking in Hamilton and St. George's, but also like the Dockyard. Lots to do there and very easy to get around the island. RCL only has a 5 day to Bermuda. Won't do less than 7 days and I think it's around the same price or more as the 7 day. It's a nobrainer for me. Have fun no matter what you choose.:cool:

I have been to Bermuda 4 times went there with my DH on business trips never sailed there but looking to go on the Summit in August, I have sailed celebrity and HAL love both lines DH wants to do Celebrity again, and that is fine with me I think celebrity has a slight edge over HAL...I have not been to Bermuda for 20 years so this feels like the first time, however what I remember are the lovely beaches and the friendly people....

What ever you decide it will be the right decesion I perfer the 7 day over 5 the best part leaving from a home port...

Happy cruising,

Hi Carol...you don't live too far away from me...Have been to Bermuda a few times on the Explorer out of Bayonne. (soooooo convenient). We are going on the Summit for the first time 6/6/10. Cannot wait!!! SEVEN NIGHTS for $599. As our TA told us, you can't afford NOT to go. Yes, it is an inside cabin, but we do not spend alot of time in our room anyway. (we just splurged on the Oasis booking for next year). Anyway, I hope you have a great time, regardless of which liner you choose. I have read nothing but good things about the Summit and we love RCCL, so I do anticipate a great ship. Good luck, Lisa

My first cruise was on Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda. Loved it. :D. My cruise the next year to Bermuda was on Azamara Journey. Again loved it.:D For the last 2 summers and this summer we go on the Dawn(NCL). Loved it.:D Hal is only in Bermuda for a few more hours...not worth the extra money....Celebrity docks the same place as ncl...the Dockyard...not worth the extra money...The Dockyard is a good place to dock. I did love docking in Hamilton and St. George's, but also like the Dockyard. Lots to do there and very easy to get around the island. RCL only has a 5 day to Bermuda. Won't do less than 7 days and I think it's around the same price or more as the 7 day. It's a nobrainer for me. Have fun no matter what you choose.:cool:

RCCL also does a 9 day to Bermuda from Bayonne.

I want to go to Bermuda in June. For the past 2 months I have gone from one cruise line to another while planning. We were absolutely going to do Celebrity from Bayonne when I realized the only week my son has off is the same week that Celebrity does 2 days in Bermuda and 1 in Rhode Island. We have no interest in Rhode Island.

I then went over to NCL and found it was about $200 pp more than Celebrity but it spends 3 days in Bermuda.

Right now I'm leaning towards HAL because it's 5 days! I know it's also more than Celebrity but I'm thinking it's worth it because of the longer stay.

NYGirl1002 wrote: ......Right now I'm leaning towards HAL because it's 5 days!.....

Veendam is in Bermuda for 78 hours or 3 days + 6 hours. Still a longer stop than the other cruise lines.

phoenix1181 wrote: ......RCCL also does a 9 day to Bermuda from Bayonne.....

but should have wrote RCCL does a 9 day cruise to Bermuda and the Bahamas. The stop in Bermuda is for 32 hours. I don't want an uninformed reader to think the 9 day cruise's only stop was Bermuda.

SBtS

but should have wrote RCCL does a 9 day cruise to Bermuda and the Bahamas. The stop in Bermuda is for 32 hours. I don't want an uninformed reader to think the 9 day cruise's only stop was Bermuda.

SBtS

SBtS,

Glad you made that distinction because someone could also think the cruise goes only to Bermuda...........I wish.;):)

iheartbda, you got that right! I'd love a 9 night Bermuda cruise on just about any cruise line. That (at a good price, of course) would be my go to cruise! I'd take that one as often as fiances & vacation time would allow. That cruise line would be my favorite at that point.

iheartbda, you got that right! I'd love a 9 night Bermuda cruise on just about any cruise line. That (at a good price, of course) would be my go to cruise! I'd take that one as often as fiances & vacation time would allow. That cruise line would be my favorite at that point.

You can sign me up for that one too.

NYGirl1002 wrote: ......Right now I'm leaning towards HAL because it's 5 days!.....

Veendam is in Bermuda for 78 hours or 3 days + 6 hours. Still a longer stop than the other cruise lines.

SBtS

SBtS,

Glad you made that distinction because someone could also think the cruise goes only to Bermuda...........I wish.;):)

Sorry people.......... I just wasn't thinking!

So I didn't end up booking HAL at all. My first choice has always been the Princess Caribbean Princess because even though it spends one day in Bermuda it also goes to Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas. I figured I can always go to Bermuda.

We are now going at the end of May and I really want to do the Helmet Dive so I hope the water isn't too cold.

So I didn't end up booking HAL at all. My first choice has always been the Princess Caribbean Princess because even though it spends one day in Bermuda it also goes to Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas. I figured I can always go to Bermuda.

We are now going at the end of May and I really want to do the Helmet Dive so I hope the water isn't too cold.

The Caribbean Princess is a great ship and I think you will love the itinerary.

Laura

Archived