The World's Longest Carnival Freedom Pictorial Review! Feb. 13-21

Nicole721

Part two is up!

Part 2: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/03/worlds-longest-freedom-review-part-2.html

Part 1: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/03/worlds-longest-freedom-review-part-1.html

When we get to the actual cruise part, I'll start posting it in this thread, too, in smaller bursts because it's going to get really long and I know some people don't like having dozens of pages of review to read at once :P Stephanie calls it the tl;dr edition LOL.

Anyways, hope y'all like it! :)

I'm soooooo glad you went to the Varsity!!! I keep seeing that same segment over and over and over again and I'm DYING to try it! Was it as "high energy" as it looks on TV?

I stayed at the Opryland Hotel for a convention when I was in college and had also gone there on a family vacation when I was a kid- but, I don't think it was owned/run by Gaylord back then. But it looks pretty much the same...it is a BEAUTIFUL hotel!

Can't wait to read the next installment!

Thanks,

Ashley :)

I am enjoying your review & blog very much. We have been to the Gaylord Hotel twice, not to stay, but, just to walk through and do some shopping. The mall is a great place to just walk through and take pictures. Since you were in Nashville a few weeks ago, the shows at the Orpy might have been at the one downtown. I don't remember when they move back to the one by Gaylord and the mall. We were there in Sept and had a wonderful time. I can't wait to read the rest of your review. I read the last one and enjoyed it very much. If my grandson wasn't going with the school to NY, I would print your review of NY and give it to him to use as a guide of things to do.:)

Part two is up!

Part 2: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/03/worlds-longest-freedom-review-part-2.html

Part 1: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/03/worlds-longest-freedom-review-part-1.html

When we get to the actual cruise part, I'll start posting it in this thread, too, in smaller bursts because it's going to get really long and I know some people don't like having dozens of pages of review to read at once :P Stephanie calls it the tl;dr edition LOL.

Great review so far! Really looking forward to the next couple of parts *fist pump*!

Lots of pages at one time is good so post as many as you want. Looking forward to it.

Oooh, you found the Varsity!!!

We used to stop at the varsity on our way to rowing races because it was close to I-75; then we found an easier on/off and more food choices at Goldbergs Deli up the road.

I know that Hot Dog connoiseurs don't think highly of their dogs, and they certainly up to the quality of Jimmy's Red Hots or Gene and Judes in your neck of the woods, but they are mighty tasty when you're hungry.

Next time you're in Atlanta for dinner try PuraVida on Highland or Loca Luna on Amsterdam for excellent tapas (and great mojitos).

I am really enjoying your Disney review :) I will need to look at your cruise one, when I am finish with your disney one.

So glad you're enjoying it! :) Hopefully I'll be on the cruise portion of the review by the time you finish Disney :D

Awesome review, Nicole! You have a great writing style.

My Mom will be glad to hear that college did me good ;) Really, though, thanks so much for the kind words :)

I have been looking forward to this review!

Hope you enjoy it! :)

I'm soooooo glad you went to the Varsity!!! I keep seeing that same segment over and over and over again and I'm DYING to try it! Was it as "high energy" as it looks on TV?

I stayed at the Opryland Hotel for a convention when I was in college and had also gone there on a family vacation when I was a kid- but, I don't think it was owned/run by Gaylord back then. But it looks pretty much the same...it is a BEAUTIFUL hotel!

Can't wait to read the next installment!

Thanks,

Ashley :)

You know, it wasn't quite as high-energy as it seems on TV, but we were there at, like, 4:00 pm on a weekday, so I'll let it slide. The crew there was certainly enthusiastic :)

I'm hoping to have the next installment up tonight or tomorrow morning. Idol is on, so we'll see :P

Welcome Back Nicole!! You are my favorite travel writer (and photographer). I am so looking forward to your review.

Please keep it coming :)

PS We are getting ready to go to Disney in May. Your blog was fantastic!

Awww thank you SO much :)

Where are you staying at Disney? I have a goal of staying at EVERY Disney hotel at some point :) It's up there with my life's goal of visiting every place in the song Kokomo :p

I am enjoying your review & blog very much. We have been to the Gaylord Hotel twice, not to stay, but, just to walk through and do some shopping. The mall is a great place to just walk through and take pictures. Since you were in Nashville a few weeks ago, the shows at the Orpy might have been at the one downtown. I don't remember when they move back to the one by Gaylord and the mall. We were there in Sept and had a wonderful time. I can't wait to read the rest of your review. I read the last one and enjoyed it very much. If my grandson wasn't going with the school to NY, I would print your review of NY and give it to him to use as a guide of things to do.:)

Ahhhhh maybe that's what it was. Our stay there was so last-minute that I had no time to figure out what was what LOL. I'd love to go back sometime and take in a show. Nashville seemed like a really fun, lively place :)

I miss New York! I hope your grandson has a fantastic trip!!!

Great review so far! Really looking forward to the next couple of parts *fist pump*!

*fist pump* You're speaking my language! :P

Glad you're enjoying the review! :D

Lots of pages at one time is good so post as many as you want. Looking forward to it.

Awww thanks :D I think how it's going to go is that I'm going to post it at once in it's entirety on the blog (I know some people subscribed so they get notifications, I think, when a post goes up) and they can read ahead and then I'll post it in smaller, easier to digest sections here, too, for those who prefer it in smaller doses and to make it easier for people to comment or if they have questions. So it'll go up on both places :D

Oooh, you found the Varsity!!!

We used to stop at the varsity on our way to rowing races because it was close to I-75; then we found an easier on/off and more food choices at Goldbergs Deli up the road.

I know that Hot Dog connoiseurs don't think highly of their dogs, and they certainly up to the quality of Jimmy's Red Hots or Gene and Judes in your neck of the woods, but they are mighty tasty when you're hungry.

Next time you're in Atlanta for dinner try PuraVida on Highland or Loca Luna on Amsterdam for excellent tapas (and great mojitos).

I'm more of a Superdawg girl, myself :P But you are very right: the hotdogs are very different when you're so used to something else, but they're very tasty in their own right. We all agreed that we very much enjoyed the Varsity (both the food AND the ambiance...it's certainly an experience there!).

I'm so glad we finally got a chance to try it, though, since I've been trying to convince the fam to eat there with me for the past six or so trips through Atlanta! We almost always end up at Maggianos, which we have and eat at frequently at home and I really, really like to try to eat locally as much as possible when we travel. Thank you sooooo much for the suggestions! I *love* tapas places. Definitely putting those in my travel journal for the next time we travel through Atlanta!!!

Yay for the review! I have been following your blog for over a year now, and check it often for updates. I love that you go to my two favorite places: Disney and the caribbean. I also love the pictures/descriptions of the food. Your reviews helped me prepare for our cruise last year (Carnival Liberty in July) and your most recent Disney review is getting me pumped for our trip to the World in May! You have a great writing style too.

One question/request...can you allow non-registered people to leave comments on your blog? Several times I've had questions for you, but I can't leave them since you have to be logged in. :)

PLEASE PLEASE keep your blog going...it keeps me entertained to no end! I love living vicariously through your trips! LOL.

Thanks Nicole, you are posting this review at a good pace. Keep up the excellent job!:D

Thanks! I'm certainly going to try :)

Smokey Bones sounds good. We usually stay in the Plantation area too when cruising out of Port Everglades. Where abouts is Smokey Bones?

It's on University Drive...about five minutes (give or take) from the Renaissance. University Drive seems to be where all the restaurants/grocery stores are in Plantation :)

Yay for the review! I have been following your blog for over a year now, and check it often for updates. I love that you go to my two favorite places: Disney and the caribbean. I also love the pictures/descriptions of the food. Your reviews helped me prepare for our cruise last year (Carnival Liberty in July) and your most recent Disney review is getting me pumped for our trip to the World in May! You have a great writing style too.

One question/request...can you allow non-registered people to leave comments on your blog? Several times I've had questions for you, but I can't leave them since you have to be logged in. :)

PLEASE PLEASE keep your blog going...it keeps me entertained to no end! I love living vicariously through your trips! LOL.

Awwww thanks so much!!! :)

I'll see what I can do on the comments :D I think I can turn on open comments, but I've got to keep them on moderated because some people were posting some not-so-nice things with profane language.

Part two is up!

I love long reviews with lots of pictures. I remember reading one you wrote where you started from NYC.

Looking forward to this one.

It's on University Drive...about five minutes (give or take) from the Renaissance. University Drive seems to be where all the restaurants/grocery stores are in Plantation :)

Thanks, will look for it next time we're there. We usually stay at the Sheraton Suites which is on University.

I absolutley couldn't wait to get home from work today to read more. I'm addicted - you have to have the best reviews. Can't wait to read more. We will be on the Freedom in May for the 6 night cruise. Keep up the great work!:)

Great review. I am now going back and reading your other reviews. We live in Orlando, so it's interesting to hear the perspective on Disney from those out of state.

Loved the Miracle review too...am almost through it all. That is my fav ship, as it's where I spent my honeymoon!! You have a photo there of you and your sister in formal attire and you have on the most gorgeous black dress. I wondered if you would share where you purchased it...it is really pretty.

Thanks again for the blogs. I love to read of others' travels!

Archived