The World's Longest Carnival Freedom Pictorial Review! Feb. 13-21

Nicole721

Hello Cruise Critic! It's me again, back from another AMAZING cruise and ready for another super-long review, chock full of pictures.

Some background...I'm Nicole. I'm 24. I'm a writer and I'm just starting to get into photography. I travel with my sister Stephanie (who posts under the name FrazzledRazzle or something like that), my Mom and my grandma. We're all obsessed with cruising. Our favorite ship is the Miracle (as evidenced in my signature ;) ) and we'll be platinum the cruise after next. My favorite onboard activity is afternoon tea, I'll watch every production show twice, a cruise doesn't start until I have an umbrella drink in my hand, I take pictures of everything I eat (and every menu I find) and I have (and will post) all of the Capers from this trip.

I've been posting my last few reviews at my blog just because there's so many pictures. Stephanie tells me I should start posting them in the post, too, to make things easier for people to comment on or ask questions about, but CC only allows six pictures per post. So, I can do a few things. I can continue just posting on the blog as I did before, I can post just the text parts of the review here, or I can post it here and on the blog in all of it's pictorial glory and if you don't mind reading it in short bursts, you can read it here and if you want to sneak ahead and read it in full, you can read it on the blog. I'm leaning towards the latter and we'll see how it works :)

The first part of the review is up at my blog. It's all of background and planning stuff and a mega picspam of the Gaylord Opryland. I'm not going to post that here because it's a lot of pictures unrelated to cruising (even though it was a part of our experience), but I'll get another part up tonight because I *really* want to get to the cruise part! You can find part one here: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/02/worlds-longest-freedom-review-part-1.html

Anyways, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I'll make sure to include it in the review :)

-Nicole :)

Yay Nicole! Being a fan of your sunglasses blog I've been checking daily for your new reviews. Kudos for finally finishing your Disney review. It was so good I was tempted to go in June rather than a cruise but upon discussing vacations with my daughter she wants a cruise.

At any rate I enjoyed Chapter 1 and I look forward to the rest. I feel like I know you, Stephanie, mom and grandma! I hope you'll have a pic of grandma included in this review.

We were on the same cruise and had a great time.

Looking forward to your perspective.

The only negative was the CD kind of took the week off to hang out with his GF. Only little problem was the asst CD was also off as he performed in a show one night.

looking forward to your review, enjoyed your Disney blog, I especiallly enjoyed your daily review of the restaurants and pix of all the food, my hubby thinks I am crazy reading reviews,,,he enjoys channel surfing...now thats crazy!

Awww I'm glad you liked it! The Disney one took FOREVER to finish. There was just SO much there and things kept getting in the way. I'm kind of really glad it's done LOL.

Hope you enjoy this review! :)

Yay Nicole! Being a fan of your sunglasses blog I've been checking daily for your new reviews. Kudos for finally finishing your Disney review. It was so good I was tempted to go in June rather than a cruise but upon discussing vacations with my daughter she wants a cruise.

At any rate I enjoyed Chapter 1 and I look forward to the rest. I feel like I know you, Stephanie, mom and grandma! I hope you'll have a pic of grandma included in this review.

LOL I actually hid a pic of grandma in my last Miracle review, I think :P

I think we're done with Disney for awhile (unless we decide to go on the Dream in May...then we'll just tack some Disney on there) because one of my dearest friends from college is getting married the week we normally go to Disney World.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting...I hope you enjoy this one! :)

We were on the same cruise and had a great time.

Looking forward to your perspective.

The only negative was the CD kind of took the week off to hang out with his GF. Only little problem was the asst CD was also off as he performed in a show one night.

Ummmm yeah. Agreed. I've got lots to say on that one ;)

We had a fantastic time, too, but there were a few things that really irked me (but they were really minor, like the lack of spoons on the Lido deck, the fact that you can't self-serve the fries anymore, the lack of certain activities), but overall, we had such a fantastic week :)

Whast totally blows my mind is he is an acting CD and should be looking to impress the guests and get good comments on his performance.

Instead he loafed the entire week and pretty sure he will get lost of poor marks on the comment cards.

Intoroducing acts (numerous times) by recording announcements strikes me as the height lof lazyness.

WooHoo, Nicole's back:) How funny, I was just thinking about you! Someone's been posting lately with "Nicole" in her screen name, so I originally thought it was you.

That's in advance for your wonderful review.

Welcome Back!!!

I have your blog set as one of my favorites and have been waiting on the edge of my seat for you to get back.

I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog...please don't ever stop writing it!

Like most people that read your blog - I feel like I know you and I live vicariously through your trips!!

Thanks!

Ashley :)

You are one of the best "reviewers" on this site. Always fun to read and great pics. Thanks for taking the time!!

I'm blushing! Thank you so much :) I'm so glad you've enjoyed them and I hope you like this one, too! :)

Whast totally blows my mind is he is an acting CD and should be looking to impress the guests and get good comments on his performance.

Instead he loafed the entire week and pretty sure he will get lost of poor marks on the comment cards.

Intoroducing acts (numerous times) by recording announcements strikes me as the height lof lazyness.

Stephanie has *a lot* to say on this, but yeah, all of us agree. I've never seen a less active CD or a more lacksidasical entertainment staff (with the exception of maybe two of them).

Great review so far. Can't wait to read more. :)

Part two should be done soon ::fingers crossed::

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

WooHoo, Nicole's back:) How funny, I was just thinking about you! Someone's been posting lately with "Nicole" in her screen name, so I originally thought it was you.

That's in advance for your wonderful review.

LOL!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the review :D

Looking forward to your review. we are sailing on the Freedom in July. western carribean

That's the itinerary we just did! If you have any questions, please let me know :)

That car was glorious.

You should post again tomorrow so I have something to read during my break at work, kk??? Maybe around 2ish?? Ok thanks! ;)

Or you could, you know, do your work :P

I don't know if it'll be up in an hour, but it'll be up in time for you to read when you're not sleeping at 2am.... It's not like you don't know what happened LOL.

Welcome Back!!!

I have your blog set as one of my favorites and have been waiting on the edge of my seat for you to get back.

I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog...please don't ever stop writing it!

Like most people that read your blog - I feel like I know you and I live vicariously through your trips!!

Thanks!

Ashley :)

Awww thanks Ashley! I'm so glad you've enjoyed my blogs (though I kind of fizzled out at the end of that Disney one...that took FOREVER!!!).

So glad you're back Nicole. Enjoyed your first installment.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it!!! :)

cant wait to read the rest!!!!

Next part should be up this afternoon :)

Okay Nicole, you hooked me in like all the other reviews/blogs fromt he Miracle (missed the Disney blog, but BTDT). So now WOW us by saying you did the Panama Canal!!:cool: Serioulsy, we're looking at this itinerary (x all the driving) and really interested in the ship and the ports. Love hot nuts too, they're in all the convenient stores along the highways where I've traveled.

crew

Okay Nicole, you hooked me in like all the other reviews/blogs fromt he Miracle (missed the Disney blog, but BTDT). So now WOW us by saying you did the Panama Canal!!:cool: Serioulsy, we're looking at this itinerary (x all the driving) and really interested in the ship and the ports. Love hot nuts too, they're in all the convenient stores along the highways where I've traveled.

crew

Mom and I did the Gatun Locks at the Panama Canal. AMAZING! We even got to see a ship go through!

Very jealous about the nuts. I can't find those particular nuts ANYWHERE in Chicago. Has to be the Frito Lay Hot Nuts. None of the other ones carry the same heat or spice. I'm tempted to drive up into Wisconsin to see if they have them there.

Part 2 will be up today???? Wow!! Something to look forward to when I get home. I hope you are able to at least post one part every one or two days!

You make me want to cruise with you :)

Part two is up now :P I'm definitely going to try to get a post up every day :)

Maybe we'll get a chance to be on the same cruise sometime in the future. How fun would that be?! We love meeting people on cruises!

Can't wait to read the rest. We are doing this cruise in May.

You'll have a blast! Cozumel is always fun, there's so much to see and do in Costa Rica and I thought Panama was absolutely gorgeous!

Hope you enjoy the review and I hope you have an amazing trip!!! :)

Ok- I need to find your Disney Blog since that is where we are heading come September.

Where do I find the begining? I can find the entree for today

http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/search/label/Disney is all of the posts tagged with Disney, which should be all of the review. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make it go from older -> newer (blogger goes from newer->older), but you can open each post in a new tab and just read chronologically from there if you'd like :)

Archived