San Pedro hotel prices/Priceline

jlocole

I will need a hotel for a pre-cruise night and have read the Crowne and Doubletree are the only 2 to consider. Since we will have a lot of time to spend in San Pedro the Saturday before the cruise is one located better than the other to see things we might want to? Do they both have shuttle service to the pier? Or are there other hotels in neighboring communities that are nice and have a shuttle to the pier? :confused:

How does Priceline work? It shows the average price is like $170.00 for these properties but posters here have mentioned paying $65.00 a night. Do I just put a price down and see if I get it? And is it OK to enter credit card info even if you don't get the room?

Thank you.

The Crowne Plaza is located in town and the Doubletree is located on a marina about two miles south of the downtown area. Both offer shuttles to the pier. While the Doubletree is located some distance from much of anything, it does offer a complimentary shuttle into town. And there are many nice shops and restaurants in downtown San Pedro. So I suppose it depends on where you get the better price. I think both hotels are very nice (and have to admit that I know the general managers of both).

As for Priceline, when I used it (and it's been a while), I just put the price in I wanted to pay and it showed me whether I could get it for that.

The Sunrise is not quite in the same class as the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree...but, it is close to things in San Pedro...and as close to the pier as one can get...about two blocks closer than the CP...It has from time to time had some questionable reviews...some good, some downright awful...

Read here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d81285-Reviews-Sunrise_Hotel_San_Pedro-Los_Angeles_California.html

It may be okay as a "fallback", but I would really try to get one of those top two...those are the hotels that are consistently reviewed as superior...

There are several good restaurants within a couple of blocks of the Crowne Plaza...

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know anything about the Sunrise hotel in San Pedro?

We stayed there about 5 years ago when it was Best Western Sunrise, ok for one night and not as nice as DT or CP. If you use priceline you can get 3.5 star CP or DT cheaper. We passed on Sunrise this time.

Just FYI, after bidding for several weeks on Priceline for the two 3.5 stars hotels in San Pedro for a Saturday night in April, I gave up when my bid reached $100 and was still rejected. I adjusted my search and ended up with the Long Beach Westin for $65 and am pleased.

C.

Just FYI, after bidding for several weeks on Priceline for the two 3.5 stars hotels in San Pedro for a Saturday night in April, I gave up when my bid reached $100 and was still rejected. I adjusted my search and ended up with the Long Beach Westin for $65 and am pleased.

C.

It seems that these two are not popping up as much as they used to. The 3 times we used price line for San Pedro $65 was the magic number. I would say $65 for the Westin is a good price.

$65 for the Westin is an excellent price. I would say the San Pedro hotels aren't coming in as low as they once did because they are selling more beds on the nights before cruises depart. And as long as that's true, it's going to be more challenging to get lower rates. Convention business in Long Beach, which it depends on more than cruise passengers, is down a bit. Given that access to the Los Angeles cruise terminal from Long Beach is quite easy via taxi, I'd expect more people would opt for the lower hotel rates--as long as they're available. But the convention business in Long Beach will be picking up.

for priceline and hotwire may I suggest you look at

biddingfortravel.com

betterbidding.com

go down and see the hotel list. Look in the forums for recent 'winning' bids. Make sure you read the info especially on bidding zones. Hotwire is somewhat easier cause it just gives you the price and you can accept it before knowing exactly where it is. Pricing between the two are many times similar. Only Priceline uses a 'bidding' gimmick.

Finally, I have been trying since the end of December for the Crowne Plaza or Doubletree at San Pedro.

I just won the bid of $95 per night for 4/9 & 10 at the Crowne Plaza. The best cancellable rate I had found was $140. A savings of $90 plus taxes makes me feel good. I had bid up to $90 two days ago with adding Long beach airport and was denied. Today, I started at $90 again and upped it to $95, which I can live with.

Now to book the airport shuttle.

• 4 months later...
The Crowne Plaza is located in town and the Doubletree is located on a marina about two miles south of the downtown area. Both offer shuttles to the pier. While the Doubletree is located some distance from much of anything, it does offer a complimentary shuttle into town. And there are many nice shops and restaurants in downtown San Pedro. So I suppose it depends on where you get the better price. I think both hotels are very nice (and have to admit that I know the general managers of both).

As for Priceline, when I used it (and it's been a while), I just put the price in I wanted to pay and it showed me whether I could get it for that.

sorry to barge in but I was wondering if you might be able to answer a question about Crowne in San Pedro..I will be driving my suv an dopulling a small uhaul trailer..would they be able to accomodate me at the Crowne for parking?

C.

I just bid 3.5 stars San Pedro and got Crowne Plaza first bid for $65?? gues sit depends on when you bid..everyonw i have been talking to has been gettoing CP for $65 no problems..my hotel date was for Jan 14th 2011 which seemed a little far out to be bidding Priceline but tried it and got it

sorry to barge in but I was wondering if you might be able to answer a question about Crowne in San Pedro..I will be driving my suv an dopulling a small uhaul trailer..would they be able to accomodate me at the Crowne for parking?

Do you think that if you called the hotel directly you might get an answer to your question?

Do you think that if you called the hotel directly you might get an answer to your question?

let's start out by saying this post was not directed to you..that said..you might think that would be the first thing I did, contact the hotel, which I did..secondly, if I pressed enter after I wrote what I thought about your answer it would put me in the same category as you..that said..I'll leave it as such..

let's start out by saying this post was not directed to you..that said..you might think that would be the first thing I did, contact the hotel, which I did..secondly, if I pressed enter after I wrote what I thought about your answer it would put me in the same category as you..that said..I'll leave it as such..

Okay then, what did the hotel tell you?

I just bid 3.5 stars San Pedro and got Crowne Plaza first bid for $65?? gues sit depends on when you bid..everyonw i have been talking to has been gettoing CP for $65 no problems..my hotel date was for Jan 14th 2011 which seemed a little far out to be bidding Priceline but tried it and got it

It must be how far in advance. I was bidding up to $80 today for San Pedro 3.5* and got rejected - need Sat 8/28. The hotel must be pretty booked.

C.

Chelly - hopefully you are still subscribed to this thread. I was wondering how easy it was to get from the Westin to the San Pedro port.

I know if you are on Carnival the port is closer but most other cruise lines (RCCL) are out of San Pedro.

Chelly - hopefully you are still subscribed to this thread. I was wondering how easy it was to get from the Westin to the San Pedro port.

I know if you are on Carnival the port is closer but most other cruise lines (RCCL) are out of San Pedro.

It's very easy, about a 10 min cab ride and about a $20 cab fare and there are plenty of cabs.

It must be how far in advance. I was bidding up to $80 today for San Pedro 3.5* and got rejected - need Sat 8/28. The hotel must be pretty booked.

I bid $65 for the 3 1/2 star in San Pedro (hoping for the Crowne) and I was rejected a few times but finally accepted. I got the Crowne Plaza for $65 plus tax for 9/18/2010. Keep trying! Good luck:D:D

Archived