Walking from Hemingway House to Mallory Square

esmith1500

We will be in Key West around the 1st of May and have one day to explore. Planning to take the trolley tour and will stop at the Hemingway house for the tour. Is it "doable" to walk from the Hemingway house back to Mallory Square via Duval Street. We want to do some walking to see the sites and not just hop off and on the trolley. We have to return to Mallory Square to get the trolley back to the cruise ship. We are in our 50's and 60's and in reasonably good health. Thanks for any advice.

According to the city cruise ship calendar the Triumph will dock at the Westin pier so you will not need the trolley to get back to your ship. You only need the trolley/train to return to the ship when you are docked at the outer mole pier.

Mike:)

The house is at 908 Whitehead, so it's one block from Duval and 9 blocks back to Front Street, the 1st cross street that runs by the Mallory Docks.

Find Petronia where the Bahama Village is, wal the block over to Duval, and make a left. When you hit Front, another left will take you to the docks.

Pjk

I think it's very doable. When we were there, we walked from the pier to Hemingway's House, then the Southernmost point, and all the way back down Duval to Mallory Square.

My sister and I are in our 20s, but in no way did it feel like a strenuous walk. Just bring lots of water, as it's hot, and there are plenty of places - shops/restaurants/bars/etc to stop at along the way.

We just got back from Key West (not on a cruise) and yes it's doable. If you get too hot or tired, simply flag down one of the "Pedicabs" that roam up and down and have them pedal you back to Mallory Square.

It is doable but you will miss the Southermost point; one of the most historic places in the Keys and Florida...

It may be one of the most photographed, but not "historic" in any way.

We walked to the Southernmost point our first time in KW. Took a picture and left. Been to KW for week long vacations many times since and have never bothered to go back to the Southernmost point. I guess we just don't get it.:rolleyes:

My brother-in-law is joining us in KW soon for his first visit there. I guess maybe I'll finally see the World Famous Southernmost Point again if he wants to get the obligatory picture:D

As for Hemingway: They do a nice job of the tour and keep it entertaining (even if half of what they say is probably unfounded rumors). And it's certainly walkable from there to Mallory and the ships.

Archived