Legal drinking age

Can't say for 100% sure on all islands, but most (including mexico) the drinking age is 18.

My DD who is 19 had a few frozen drinks last year in Mexico. She looks young for her age and was never asked how old she was. Of course she was with mom and dad so guess they figured it was ok.

I am 17 and was in Cabo San Lucas a few weeks ago. I went right up in the liquor store and purchased little shot bottles for souviners with no problem. Then in a restaurant, I ordered 2 for 1 margaritas and they didn't even blink an eye. It felt so weird, so I'm not exactly sure of the drinking age in Mexico.

Most countries the drinking age is 18, with Canada being 19. Some of the islands and Mexico, the official age is a gray area. If you have money, they will serve. The US is one of the few countries at 21. Ships have 21 to cut down on the wild parties, unless they sail out of Europe, than the have special exceptions.

See learn new things on CC everyday! I knew under 18 could get served but thought there was a drinking age. Oh well, just can't let my 14 year old DS know. Not concerned with DD, DS on the other hand :eek:.

Archived