Weather for Hawaian Cruise

On islands with high mountains, you can expect rain somewhere almost EVERY day....rising, humid air, getting cooled and compressed as it rises = rain! It usually doesn't last too long, tho.

The Hawaiian islands have HUGE mountains, so they'll have rain!

Aruba is flat...it's a desert...little rain!

Your 2-i's is correct!!!

OTOH, we've done the r/t La-Hawaii cruise with Princess twice, once in late January and once in mid March, and had showers a couple of times out of all those cruise days.

Hilo is a rainy spot, because it is on the windward side of the island of Hawaii. On the opposite side of the island is Kona, on the leeward side, and it's weather is entirely different (dryer and sunny).

The thing I have found to be consistent when sailing out of LA, in November, January, and March, is that the weather tends to be damp and chilly, and also the first couple of days at sea are cool enough to need long pants and a sweatshirt or light jacket.

I'm currently packing for my 3rd r/t LA-Hawaii cruise with Princess, leaving in less than 2 weeks. It's a wonderfully relaxing cruise. I hope you decide to book it.

Archived