Freedom's Promenade Restaurants

I know that the Royal Promenade has several places to grab a bite or have a drink...but I am confused by some reviews and posts that I have read.

Are all of the restaurants on an extra-cost basis, or are they, for the most part, included? I know that anything to drink other than tea, water and lemonade are extra - but what about the pizza? the ice cream? the sandwiches? Stuff like that?

This will be my first time on a ship with a promenade such as this, so I am not sure what to expect.

Any pictures you can share of the promenade? Any tips to know?

Sorrento's has pizza, small sandwiches, and a few sweets for free 24/7. Ben and Jerry's has ice cream and shakes (I think?) for a fee. I forget if there is another promenade restaurant on that class.

pizza place ie sorrentos is free for food as is the sandwich bar with is cakes as well, ben and jerrys does cost though, as for photos i wouldnt lok then the wow factor will be amazing, we have just returned from the freedom after our first cruise and it was superb.

The Cafe Promenade has little sandwiches, pastries, etc. all for free 24/7. You do have to pay for speciality coffee, but regular coffee is free. Sorrento's has pizza, sandwiches, salads and dessert, also free of charge. Sorrento's closes somewhere around 2am. I have some photos from my Indy cruise a few weeks ago, here is the link.

http://web.me.com/pcutrone/Site/Independence_of_the_Seas.html

But I do agree that seeing pictures diminishes the WOW factor you feel when you step on the ship and see it for the first time.

Bottom left of the picture is Sorrento's. As others mentioned, it is a great place to grab a slice of pizza, a sandwich or some yummy pastries. They also have gourment coffee drinks (lattes and such) for a fee.

213890082605.jpg.8aa2144f7844acdbeda046cf8515a9f2.jpg

Archived