Pantry?

S.E.

Hey guys. Just wondering what exactly a pantry is on a cruise ship. Someone said that there is one on the empress deck (7) on Freedom, and I am not sure what that is and if I should avoid that area. Thanks for your comments.

Thanks. I am guessing that a room across from a pantry would not be the best area for peace and quiet. Do you think I should find another room or do you think it won't make much of a difference?

Thanks again.

We were next to a "pantry" on our last cruise. We snuck in there one night to get ice, and got busted. We didn't hear any noise from it in our cabin but could hear noise from our balcony, but when we were out there, we didn't care. If you want to sleep at 7 pm, it might be a problem, but who's sleeping at 7 pm on a cruise?

The pantry on a ship is where items used by room service and cabin stewards.

Dishes, cups, trays, cutlery, condiments, napkins, serving dishes, etc. are stored there to expedite room service delivery, clean glasses for cabins, wine glasses, ice buckets, etc.

Depending upon the size of the ship, there can be several located on each deck. Also, depending upon the ship, there is refrigeration in there to hold milk, butter, cheeses and other small food items for room service.

Some of the newer ships have a "dumb waiter" in the pantry also. This updated electrical gadget gets things delivered from kitchen to pantry in a hurry.

ahhhh, I was on a whole different thought process. I was thinking of a pantry in a restaurant kitchen. They make the salads and deserts and prep veggies and such for the line cooks/chefs. The ship probably has one of those too!! LOL

Thanks. I am guessing that a room across from a pantry would not be the best area for peace and quiet. Do you think I should find another room or do you think it won't make much of a difference?

Thanks again.

Don't worry about it. Unless you're in the hall you won't know that there are staff members out there working. I think they're all Ninjas... absolutely silent.

:)

ahhhh, I was on a whole different thought process. I was thinking of a pantry in a restaurant kitchen. They make the salads and deserts and prep veggies and such for the line cooks/chefs. The ship probably has one of those too!! LOL

I'm sure they do. But Freedom deck 7 is all passenger cabins. So I guess it is a room steward station/storage room/ice room/gargage on the floor room/linen room. :)

Don't worry about it. Unless you're in the hall you won't know that there are staff members out there working. I think they're all Ninjas... absolutely silent.

:)

They are like ninjas! Did you ever see Mr. Deeds? "I fear you underestimate the sneakiness!"

Thanks again.

If your a lite sleeper , YES !

You will hear it all through the night!

I'm sure they do. But Freedom deck 7 is all passenger cabins. So I guess it is a room steward station/storage room/ice room/gargage on the floor room/linen room. :)

Well I figured THAT!!! That's why I said LOL at the end. I don't do smileys because it's more work. It was also a revelation because I wouldn't call those areas a "pantry" I would call them Closests, but if that's what they're listed as, I can see where there would be confusion.

Archived