"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

What is that in the middle of the table?

I was wondering the same thing.

It looks like it has a cigarette on it, probably an ashtray

Yep, it's an ashtray alright. :cool:

Radio, I'm lovin' the thread. :)

Nancy

Looking forward to traveling with you virtually this week. We will board the Oasis NEXT Saturday!

Thanks so much for doing this!

Hi Karen....Can't wait for your veiw......I love all of you guys that take time from your Vaca to share with all of us.....I have 8 months and counting the days.

Thanks in advance

Love your screen name!! :)

Mike

Radio---you have us wondering what is that on the table? And your cabin has the bed by the balcony.Hope mine is configured that way for our August cruise! Has anyone figured out the pattern to the bed placement yet?

Hi cruznurse. . . Yes it is a heavy weighted ashtray. If you are not a smoker, they can remove it for you.

It seems, that on a previous thread, the configuration was revealed for the bedding. It seems that if you have a triple or quad, then your bed is near the door, and the sofa and TV are near the balcony. If you have a double occupancy cabin, it will be reversed.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . .

Yesterday was a day of great events, and not so great events. Of course the great event was boarding the largest and most beautiful ship in the world. Every turn, and every deck offers beautiful views, and state of the art appointments.

The not so great events turn out to be. . . Well . . . Me being under the weather. I never get sea sick, and have never used the seasick patch. I think I was bitten by the 24 hr bug. (of sorts) This seems to have started on Friday night (with only 2 hrs of sleep)

When we got back from dinner last night, I thought I would lay down for a moment. . . Well that was it for me. I was down for the count at 8PM, and up at 4AM this morning. The good news is, that I feel great now. Your intrepid “LIVE” reporter is back in action. Sorry for no post or pics last night.

Welcome to our first day at sea on board Oasis. The Cruise Compass is a little confusing at first. It is 10 pages long. . .But after further review, it can be divided into Morning activities, and afternoon, evening activity daily planners. I guess it really does make sense. After all, no other ship offers the activities, and dining choices as this ship.

The highlights of today are the Family Festival, the Port and Shopping Show, Fountain Show (no reservations required), several game shows, Frozen in time I ce Show, Hairspray, The Oasis of Dreams Aqua Show, and the Captains Welcome aboard reception. Oh yeah, and tonight is Formal Night.

I must say that the Opus Dining room is very beautiful, and the food is very good. Our server might be one of the best we have had on any ship. We are on Opus 3(Deck 3) at a table for 2.

The Captain suggested yesterday, that we had to travel 984 nm to get to St Thomas, and we needed to maintain a speed of 16 knots to arrive on schedule. He also provided us with the forecast for today.( 72F, with mostly sunny skies, and a little windy)

We have our Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle today at 1030AM.

It is time for breakfast, so here are a few pics from yesterday and I will be posting later today with more pics. . .(really)

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

We are almost ready to leave Terminal 18 in Fort Lauderdale . . .

S74.JPG

Oasis is the first ship to leave Port Everglades, and we pull away from the pier slowly. . .

S78.JPG

We pass by Crown Princess, and MSC Poesia (2nd Ship to leave)

S75.JPG

Passengers seem to all be up on the pool deck for sail away

S81.JPG

The Condos offer a Sailaway sendoff !

S76.JPG

As we pass the Fort Lauderdale beaches, we are out in open ocean

S77.JPG

Here are a couple more pics. . .

Radio

The Flowrider is on my list for this week

S82.JPG

The Rising Tide Bar was filled as it came down just before the parade

S79.JPG

It was standing room only for the Rockin’ Rhythm Parade

S80.JPG

The Globe and Atlas sphere opens, and the platform unrolls

S84.JPG

My cabin hallway

SU3.JPG

Early morning Sunday, as we head to St Thomas, USVI

SU1.JPG

Radio, the $64,000 question is Did you get Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks this morning? Inquiring minds want to know.;)

Well it turned out that I didn't have any coffee yesterday morning, due to an unforseen. . .eh hmm. . . (24hr bug)

But they serve Starbucks on board Oasis, and starting today, I will be enjoying several cups of Starbucks. . .maybe every day:D

(Seattle's Best is no charge, and there is a few for Starbucks)

Radio

;);)

Radio,

I will also thank you for these efforts and am glad your 24 hr bug is over. Hopefully that was the only hangup to a great cruise.

If you are out strolling in Central Park I have a question. I am booked in cabin #8415 which is an inside cabin at the end of Central Park. It is next to a restroom and I am wondering how much is that RR used. Do you think it will be a busy noisy area at night?

Great photos so far. Keep them coming and enjoy your cruise.

Hi Radio the ship is amazing!! You are doing such a great job with your live review as always. Hope you are feeling better. Have a great week. Looking forward to reading this all week, maybe next year we will go on this beautiful ship. We will be on the FOS in 9 weeks!!

Radio, I am loving your posts and your pictures, too. It's been a while since we've been on a cruise since my DH lost his job as a result of the downslide of the economy (good news...after 9 months of being out of work, he has a great job). I feel like I'm on one now!!!

While you're at your Meet and Mingle, if you happen to run into Ronnie and Grant Thoms, please say hello and ask how they chocolate chip cookies are. Hahaha...they'll understand :D

Thanks again for sharing your cruise with the rest of us!!!

Radio, your pictures make the ship seem like it is PACKED with people. This is my one concern about cruising on such a large ship. I HATE crowds. Is it as bad as it looks?

BroncosFan,

Radio made mention that the "crowded" photos you were seeing were during Sailaway and the parades. These are the most crowded times on a Voyager class ship or bigger. I'd wait to see some more pictures before getting too concerned.

Radio, Glad you are feeling better and posting again. Your pictures and reviews always make us feel like we are traveling with you.

Jen

Radio,

I am one of your newest fans! Bless you for taking time out of your day to post for us. We are sailing on the Oasis next february, doing a B2B. I will be checking in each day to see what gems you are sending our way.

Muriel

...I really apppreciate the time and effort you are taking and glad your "bug" has passed.

..I am sailing the SECOND largest cruise ship (along with her sis ship Liberty), Independance OTS for a Med. cruise in July; I wish I could go now, but great "live" reviews like this will help to TIDE me over (pun intended).

Mitch

Radio,

If it is really windy on the pool decks head up to deck 11 or 12 all the way aft on either side and there are balconies with lounge chairs that overlook the aft and the Aqua theater. Beautiful view. I really enjoyed this area on a windy afternoon.

Thank you, Karen (internetwhiz) for posting a link to this thread in our roll call! The family and I will be sailing the Oasis on March 13th - 6 days from today!!:D I'm glad I have your "live" reviews to see this week. Hope you're feeling much better and you and Mrs. Radio have a fantastic time. Your cabin looks like the 2 balconies we have reserved for ourselves/2 sons. We're on Deck 6, though. Looks like you're much higher up...

~Suzanne

Hello everyone. . . We are having a wonderful day at sea. . .The skies are blue with light winds and the sun is very bright. The seas today are mild, and I can’t imagine a more beautiful day at sea.

We had our Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle Party at Dazzles down on Deck 8, and the Activities Mgr, and Cruise Staff welcomed us to the event. There was a nice raffle, that offered 12 door prizes for those in attendance. I was chosen to win a RCI Logo Office fastener set. . . (what did he just say?) well it was a container with the Crown and Anchor Logo filled with Push Pins, Paper Clips, and bands. . .

I think that my vote for the most beautiful area on the ship may be a tie. The Central Park Area on Deck 8, and The Solarium on Deck(s) 15, 16. They both offer beautiful views, and soothing sense of relaxation. The Solarium offers soft music, while Central Park offers nature sounds. It appears however that most of the “live” plants can only be found in Central Park.

The passengers were out on the upper decks in full force today. The loungers were filled, and there were a lot of passengers in the pools as well. The Flowrider had lines, as well as the Zip Line. I am sure there will be a lot of sunburned faces tonight on Formal Night. . .

Here are a few pics from today. . . . We go to Giovanni’s Table tonight, and Oasis of Dreams Aqua Show. I can’t wait

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The Balcony Cabins offer a “resin” type balcony railing instead of teak. . .Very smart

SU18.JPG

The Skies and Seas are very blue today.

SU19.JPG

The pool deck are jammed today. . .

SU3AA.JPG

Bright Sun, and nice weather will cause this on any ship !

SU22.JPG

The “tiered” lounge areas make sense on this ship.

SU20.JPG

The Boardwalk View Balcony Cabins

SU6.JPG

Archived