Aqua Class Dining Options

ORCRUISER

I know about Blu being for Aqua Class but i want to know about the MDR for Aqua Class guests. We are now in a regular veranda with Select Dining but have a chance to upgrade to AQ but I think we would prefer MDR. Is there any difference between AQ eating in the MDR and those in regualr cabins who are on Select Dining? The agent said we would have to make reservations for the MDR but I think this is what they want us to do for Select Dining anyway.

One of the main advantages of Aqua Class is the Blu dining room. If you decide to use the main dining room (I don't know why you would), then don't bother paying extra for the room. Personally, I much prefer Blu. The foos is individually prepared and the food selections are better. Not only are the diners better, but the brakfasts in Blu are wonderful.

It's your choice but the little room amenities alone are not worth the extra dollars.

I know about Blu being for Aqua Class but i want to know about the MDR for Aqua Class guests. We are now in a regular veranda with Select Dining but have a chance to upgrade to AQ but I think we would prefer MDR. Is there any difference between AQ eating in the MDR and those in regualr cabins who are on Select Dining? The agent said we would have to make reservations for the MDR but I think this is what they want us to do for Select Dining anyway.

Hi:) I have never had AQ class but from folks I know who have and others

who have posted on here, MOST of them really love Blu. Not everyone

of course because we all have different tastes but when you ask about

the differences? The menus are totally different.

Not sure you are asking about the differences in menu or the overall

experience from Blu to the MDR? It is probably apples to oranges.

Blu holds 130 while the main dining room holds 1,000's......

The main difference is the dining room assignment as you have figured out, and the distinct menu differences between the two rooms.

What I'm really asking is how hard is it for AQ people to eat in the MDR?

i switch out of blu for the MDR.. i wanted to sit with peope and blu is mostly 2 tops. it is not a problem at all. some of the dinenrs i liked better but that is normal for me.

Orcruiser, if you upgrade to AQ and want to ONLY EAT IN MDR, you have to choose "select" dining. When you choose "select", you are removed from dining in Blu. If you want the option of either place to eat you have to choose a certain dining time, early or late. Once you choose a set dining time, say late dining, then you can eat in the MDR or Blu. Blu is now anytime dining and you do not have an assigned table. MDR seating is on a space available basis, unless you get a table assigned at the beginning of the cruise as we plan to do. We travel with a large group and plan on getting assigned to their table in the MDR, with the option to use Blu as a specialty dining venue. I have been told by 4 customer service representatives that this is how it will work, so we will see when I go in December. :)

• 1 month later...
Orcruiser, if you upgrade to AQ and want to ONLY EAT IN MDR, you have to choose "select" dining. When you choose "select", you are removed from dining in Blu. If you want the option of either place to eat you have to choose a certain dining time, early or late. Once you choose a set dining time, say late dining, then you can eat in the MDR or Blu. Blu is now anytime dining and you do not have an assigned table. MDR seating is on a space available basis, unless you get a table assigned at the beginning of the cruise as we plan to do. We travel with a large group and plan on getting assigned to their table in the MDR, with the option to use Blu as a specialty dining venue. I have been told by 4 customer service representatives that this is how it will work, so we will see when I go in December. :)

So if we want breakfast in Blu but most dinners in main restaurant, we would have to change our select dining option in MDR? We haven't paid for AQ and don't want it, but have been given an upgrade with no rooms available to swap to - and from what I have seen Blu just isn't for us - wouldn't choose speciality dining more than once on a short cruise and maybe twice on a longer one - but sounds like breakfast is better in Blu - however at this late stage, if we change, say to late dining, we are unlikely to get a table for 2 like we can on select (or at Blu) - quite angry with X for upgrading us like this, even if most people would like it, they sell themselves on treating passengers as individuals!

So if we want breakfast in Blu but most dinners in main restaurant, we would have to change our select dining option in MDR? We haven't paid for AQ and don't want it, but have been given an upgrade with no rooms available to swap to - and from what I have seen Blu just isn't for us - wouldn't choose speciality dining more than once on a short cruise and maybe twice on a longer one - but sounds like breakfast is better in Blu - however at this late stage, if we change, say to late dining, we are unlikely to get a table for 2 like we can on select (or at Blu) - quite angry with X for upgrading us like this, even if most people would like it, they sell themselves on treating passengers as individuals!
I totally agree with you. We did not care for Blu at all for dinner or breakfast, many reasons that I have stated before.I am sure you will enjoy the MDR, we are very happy not to be in Aqua class this next week.:D

I totally agree with you. We did not care for Blu at all for dinner or breakfast, many reasons that I have stated before.I am sure you will enjoy the MDR, we are very happy not to be in Aqua class this next week.:D

Hi Teajak - you replied to my query about whether my cabin for September 2011 is high enough on another thread!!! Will you be on Eclipse on 3rd May?

We were in AQ on the Equinox and opted to dine in the MDR because we were sailing with another couple who were not in AQ. No problem. For breakfast, I ate in Blu a couple of times. Again, no problem. We had fixed seating, but I don't see why that matters.

We were in AQ on the Equinox and opted to dine in the MDR because we were sailing with another couple who were not in AQ. No problem. For breakfast, I ate in Blu a couple of times. Again, no problem. We had fixed seating, but I don't see why that matters.

Thanks for that - logically it shouldn't matter if you have fixed or select dining, but have read on another thread that if you have Select dining, you can't dine in blu - you have to switch to fixed dining even if an AQ passenger - another thing our oh so helpless ta didn't tell us! Thank goodness for CC!

Here is the policy from Celebrity as copied in an email to me:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

AquaClass guests who opt for Celebrity Select dining at the time of booking will be seated in the Main dining room. However, upon embarkation, all guests dining in Blu will receive a letter communicating their booked dining time, as well as, information on how to take advantage of the flexible dining format being offered if they wish to do so. If the guests wish to dine at their booked dining time, they simply go to Blu at that time. If the guests wish to take advantage of open seating without reservations, they may arrive at Blu between the hours of 6:00 and 9:30 PM and all efforts will be made to seat the guests right away. If the guests wish to change their booked reservation time, they may:

-Visit the Maitre D' in the Blu Restaurant to make alternate arrangements

-Call the Blu Restaurant at the extension provided in their embarkation letter

Archived