Plastic or Glass? What the latest on souvenir "glasses"?

We have 2 sets of the "old" ones and use them for desserts or shrimp cocktail. We also have 2 sets of the metal after dinner drink mini cups.

Last week on Freedom we saw the new Sloozy glasses and I don't think they were as impressive as the old ones. We also got 2 sets of the new after drink cups. They are glass with the different colored bases. There are 7 cups for 7 nights, each a different color.

We don't do a lot of after dinner drinks, but I think these are perfect for Bailey's or the like. I enjoy collecting them and putting them on my hutch.

Hi there, do you have a picture of the after dinner drink ones? I have metal loving cups from several years ago.. are these the same thing just called something different now?

Hi there, do you have a picture of the after dinner drink ones? I have metal loving cups from several years ago.. are these the same thing just called something different now?

Sorry, I don't have a picture of them. They are nothing like the metal ones. These are clear glass cone shaped at the top with the RCI emblem and the bottom is a colored, faceted upside down cone. They come in pink, light purple, green, amber, red, blue and turquoise.

I think the day there is some kind of party or sampling of foods etc. on the Promenade (I think Friday or Saturday at noon for us) they sold the Sloozy glasses and these glasses too. I didn't price them as we got them as after dinner drinks nightly.

They've updated the love cups, they're now clear glass with a colored base (one of mine broke in my luggage home).

I think the new love cups with the afterdinner shots are a lot more upscale and decorative than the old metal ones. I'm sorry I didn't see them earlier in the week so I ended up with only 2 of them.

Wow! I go away for a week or so and one of my old posts turns up. Thanks for the warning on the paint on the glasses. We brought back four of them last month and I'd hate to lose our designs! I've washed the swirl ones in the diswasher numerous times without losing anything, so I guess the new ones are not only different in design; they're different in material as well.

They are really nice. They had them for sale in the Promenade towards the end of the cruise if you don't want to buy them as an after dinner shot.

DSC01506.JPG.143c7f2a2d9a6d2bf315668371722938.JPG

They are really nice. They had them for sale in the Promenade towards the end of the cruise if you don't want to buy them as an after dinner shot.

We got some martini glasses that have a similar base to these, except in cobalt blue.

They came with the Cucumber martini specialty drink.

We have 4 of them that we brought home after our December cruise on the Liberty.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually got a few of those super duper cool looking sloozies and run them in my dishwasher every time i use them and they still look brand spanking new. see i posted a photo. not sure why you're having any trouble, doesn't really sound right. I love these new designs!!!

1873912340_Sloozie1.jpg.3919905be36a8e25fb8a61de33b598b6.jpg

1180437917_Sloozie2.jpg.1549d459de1f2acc90c4be8953fc808b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

we have about 100 of the metal loving cups at home...yep we get the after dinner shots...somethign new to bring home...i guess they will have to be wrapped in one of those thin rccl towels to get it off the ship in one piece...only kidding...no flaming darts...i have never left a ship with anything that was not mine...well may something that was really really small...liberty of the sea's march 2011...

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me if they have what I call a "low ball" glass. The kind you have a drink on the rocks in? Shorter and wider than a regualar tumbler.

My husband collects one when traveling and we usually spend hours looking for these in ports etc. as it is usually a shot glass, tumbler or mug that they sell.

We will be on the Explorer thanks for the information posted so far. Those glasses are really nice!

Earlier this month I brought home tall plastic glasses with the swirly design on them. I also saw that a few bars had the blue design in glass but I already have a few of those. I also got a shot glass.

I believe anything that has a design is a souvenir glass.

This was on the Liberty.

I went crazy on Navigator a few years back and started a collection (btw, they will put any drink in these glasses if you ask).

Image-1670281-6869927-4-WebSmall_0_b09663a7c561e9251c8c175748b91f01_1

A great bartender found me the boxes they came in (this was before they sold them on the Promenade in the boxes) and we hand carried these home in shopping bags as our carry-ons.

I've used them for appetizers and salsa and drinks! And they look pretty in my glass-front cabinets too!

i have 12 of the swirl style. Use them for salsa and what others have mentioned. I really like the new glasses. My concern is we could drive to port and never broke any going home. Now we are flying and don't think I want to risk it.

• 1 month later...

:confused: Do they still sell these on Freedom of the Seas? I am desperate to replace the one that went flying last night! My mom (who almost never drinks) got 4 of these as her souvenir of our family trip last year and she uses them ALL the time for desserts!

:( I am heartbroken that I broke one and ruined her set (all with red swirls, and I can't find those anywhere, even on Ebay)!

:o If anyone knows if these are still available and someone is going on Freedom of the Seas (or maybe they are available on other RCI ships), I would be so grateful if I could arrange someone picking up two for me (in case one gets broken in shipping)! I'm willing to make whatever arrangements you need for your help! I just have to fix my mistake!

--Karyn

(:cool: Okay to email me at karyn at milehighmommy dot com if you can help! Of course I mean no spaces and replacing the "at" and "dot" with symbols, so you can reach me!)

:p Wishing joyous cruising to you all! I love reading your posts! Makes me save more agressively for our next trip together! :)

Archived