CEO Gerry Cahill losing confidence with Joe Farcus?

cruizinator

Last week, while on the Carnival Splendor, DW and I went to a "Future Cruise" seminar held in the El Morocco Lounge. The emcee stated that he had talked to Carnival CEO Gerry Cahill earlier in the day and that Mr. Cahill wanted everyone to know that for the first time as CEO he will be "directly" involved in the interior design of a Carnival Ship...The Magic. I talked to the emcee after the seminar and was told that there definitely wouldn't be any "pink donuts" on the elevator doors(Splendor)! Didn't Gerry have the final approval of the Splendor interior design and color scheme? I'm looking forward to see if the Magic...will be any better!

or misunderstood statements , if given by an employee to passengers (of the check signer)...especially on the "BOSS"..to me, are a big no no, unless it is in print...Perhaps Mr C, wants to be more envolved on every aspect. Always be positive, even when you may not agree with the boss

I'm sorry, but I think the Splendor is a gorgeous ship. I had pretty much carte blanch to go where I needed to gathering photos.

The central theme, Splendid Places, is carried out wonderfully well as evidenced by the venue that you were in at the time of the discussion... the El Moroco... one of the most splendid and storied night clubs of the past in New York.

http://www.elmorocconyc.com/

I can understand Gerry Cahill being more involved as Farcus has departed from the 'central theme' idea, beginning with the Carnival Dream, leaving the interior design more easily open to suggestion.

:)

EXCELLENT!!!

I think it's great if Mr. Cahill wants to be more involved!!! If he wants to put his touch on a ship!! I'm sure, working in tandem, they create a BEAUTY!!! Two incredible minds, working off each other!!!

I look forward to experiencing what they create!!!! :)

I believe I read somewhere someone reading something written somewhere that the next ship after Magic will be in the shape of Mr. John Heald.

I also think there a contest naming such ship.

MrPete,

Royal Caribbean already built that ship; 'Oasis.' Translated it means 'Ode to John.'

Carnival's next ship will be Carnival Majestic.

If that's the case, my sympathies are with Mr. Farcus. Nothing worse than having an artistic vision second-guessed by someone on the fringes of the field. I've always enjoyed Carnival's ships because they *aren't* bland. Hopefully he an Mr. Cahill can work amicably together to avoid making a total muck of the decor of the Magic.

Maybe I am the exception but I like ships that are Glitzy Glitzy ..call them over the top

AS much as I like Princess so far they are all very similar ...right down to the lion and zebra paintings EXACTLY in the same spot on all ships .I'm told this is what PAX like ...OK>>>>>>>BORING MAYBE ...I still love Princess just find decor a BIT oh hum

I like different .I loved the purple /pink grapes of Miracle Where else but on a cruiseship????

I LOVE COsta ships ...now TALK about GLITZY and Neon .WOW And what is wrong with that ?

If Mr Cahill wants a personal involvement with ships ...GOOD Let's see his input

I happen to know one of the execs of Splendor and its design and she did a SPLENDID job ..GOOD FOR YOU JOAN !!!

What I want is restricted smoking ...I know I know ..big can of worms ...just no more smoking in cabins or balconies ...PLEASE!!!

So Mr Cahill enjoy dressing up the Magic ...I hope to be on it on its first transat

Michele

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I couldn't be happier!

I hope Farcus takes a creative-type personality hissy fit and quits!

I would like to see the next Carnival ship named The Tranquility and have it look a little more classy with a design that is basic and easy to manuever.

Why should all their ship be basically the same??? They have SO many dang ships...it gets boring after a dozen FTLOG.

Carnival should build a ship with a more traditional and elegant design theme. Mix it up a little. Not every ship needs to be so over the top.

You obviously haven't seen the Carnival Dream. Nothing over the top about it at all.

In fact, a few of the CC staff who sailed with us from New York found the Dream to be quite subdued and elegant...

EXCELLENT!!!

I think it's great if Mr. Cahill wants to be more involved!!! If he wants to put his touch on a ship!! I'm sure, working in tandem, they create a BEAUTY!!! Two incredible minds, working off each other!!!

I look forward to experiencing what they create!!!! :)

Will it be covered in cash registers? Bank theme?

I'm sorry, but I think the Splendor is a gorgeous ship. I had pretty much carte blanch to go where I needed to gathering photos.

The central theme, Splendid Places, is carried out wonderfully well as evidenced by the venue that you were in at the time of the discussion... the El Moroco... one of the most splendid and storied night clubs of the past in New York.

http://www.elmorocconyc.com/

I can understand Gerry Cahill being more involved as Farcus has departed from the 'central theme' idea, beginning with the Carnival Dream, leaving the interior design more easily open to suggestion.

I agree, she is beautiful, and loved how the theme was carried thru out the ship. Splendor is my top 2 ship of all times..

Now I think that its like evrything else in the world...things evolve and change with the times...Farcus has done way more for CCL than Gerry has yet..So i do hope that Gerry gets his hands a little dirty, and gets with the times.

Gerry on "undercover boss" would never work...every CCL employee knows him by face, and lets just say he wouldnt be so welcomed most offices. lol

If that's the case, my sympathies are with Mr. Farcus. Nothing worse than having an artistic vision second-guessed by someone on the fringes of the field. I've always enjoyed Carnival's ships because they *aren't* bland. Hopefully he an Mr. Cahill can work amicably together to avoid making a total muck of the decor of the Magic.

I totally agree. Multiple inputs of varying ideas and "themes" might result in the worst case scenario. Decide on the "them and let the designed focus (or Farcus) in that area. I loved the Dream toned down touches and can't wait until we can see the Magic.

That being said, I also loved the Splendor.:o

Other than the "pink donuts" on the elevator doors...lol...DW and I loved our cruise last week on the Splendor. She's a beautiful ship and we hope to sail on her more in the future. Without a doubt..... our favorite place on the ship is..... El Morocco Lounge. Spent several evenings there..what an awesome room! Sure looking forward to seeing the beautiful interiors of the Dream and Magic!

Carnival needs some class fashioned after The Bellagio in Las Vegas. The decor is fabulous as well as the gardens. Some of the Carnival decor reminds me of Circus Circus.

Ouch circus, circus....:( I was thinking more along the lines if Caesers Palace.

Carnival needs some class fashioned after The Bellagio in Las Vegas. The decor is fabulous as well as the gardens. Some of the Carnival decor reminds me of Circus Circus.

Try Liberty if you're looking for a different feel, most of the public areas are done in a Tuscan theme. Her interiors were some of the most light and subdued I have seen on a Carnival ship. There were some exceptions, like in her disco (giant arms with tattoos!), but for the most part she was tasteful. I felt the same about the Spirit, but her interiors were darker.

Archived