No More Chocolates?

John&John

Was on the Freedom in Jan....We missed the chocolates....Was a nice touch I thought and we did leave a comment about it on the comment card.

It's not really a big deal but it's the combination of things they cutting back that annoys me. Chocolates...the REDUCED drinks at the Captains party...

We got the chocolates on the Pride in Feb too. No pins though, bummer because we've been collecting them from different ships. Asked at the desk, she said no more pins. Had the PG party, which I slept through.

Its been a little while, we haven't cruised since '06 but do they still do anything for past guests? Last time we arrived at our cabin and found a really nice Carnival Tote bag with a t-shirt, playing cards, etc... waiting for us. I didn't expect it then and wouldn't really expect it now with all the cutbacks but I was just wondering if there is anything like this anymore.

Its been a little while, we haven't cruised since '06 but do they still do anything for past guests? Last time we arrived at our cabin and found a really nice Carnival Tote bag with a t-shirt, playing cards, etc... waiting for us. I didn't expect it then and wouldn't really expect it now with all the cutbacks but I was just wondering if there is anything like this anymore.

I just got off the Freedom on Saturday and they did have a past guest party from 4-4:45 with all you can drink free drinks and several different lil hor' devours for you to eat. They had a drawing for 2 tickets to the steakhouse and something else I think. It was very nice :D

I was reading over some of the Freedom reviews and a few different reviews commented that the chocolates left on your bed during turn down service were discontinued.

We had chocolates on the Glory 10 days ago.

Anyone know?:confused:

No chocolates on the Valor 10 days ago

• 4 weeks later...

I read John;s blog and he said they were still giving them out each night.

Obviously we are wrong and they were giving them out on the Freedom and we overlooked it in Feb. Just kidding.

I did post a comment on his blog that said they were not on the Freedom in Feb though and wondering if they will publish it,

One of the little things that make cruising special is coming back to your cabin at the end of the evening and finding your new towel animal and your chocolates waiting for you. My kids and I were on the Liberty last year and we really enjoyed this small, but unique part of our vacation. On a land based vacation, you do not get towel animals, or chocolates etc . All I know is that kids really like this as well as the chocolates, CARNIVAL if you are listening: Please continue turn-down nightly service as usual; enhance, dont decrease service, you should be increasing service. just my opinion..... We'll be on the Valor in two weeks so we will see:)

On the Freedom during Thanksgiving week 2009, I think there were chocolates only one night, and not the first night. Also missing was the cookie for the kids on the first night. I was disappointed with the Captain's Party, with $1 off drinks, so I didn't even attempt the past guest party.

The chocolates were always a nice touch, but we never eat them, so I didn't care so much--it was just noticed they weren't there. The kids were disappointed with not getting their first night cookie.

I still think Carnival's food is better than RCCL or NCL!

According to John Heald's blog today, they are still (despite the rumor mill) serving the chocolate on the pillow at night. :)

Check it out at www.johnhealdsblog.com

We just got off the Freedom on March 26th and never got a chocolate on our pillow.

We did get the Freedom pins and the platinum guests picture frames. :D

They did not have the chocolates on the March 27th Carnival Freedom sailing either... To be honest with you, we didn't miss them but still, they were not there...

We were on the Sensation 2 weeks ago and we had chocolates but no pen. Since I didn't bring my normal purse I didn't have one with me. I noticed this when I had nothing to fill out the room service request or the customs document.

It's a small sacrifice to keep prices down but they are needed.

PS-In the past I knew it was time to book another cruise when my Carnival pen ran dry.:rolleyes:

Chocolates? People got chocolates? just kidding. My grandma always goes with us on our cruises and the chocolates always got placed on her bed. When she would come in, she always thought all of them were for her; not one for each person. Needless to say, she always ate them for us. I had to sneak out of dinner early one night last time to get to the stateroom first to get me a dang chocolate!!!

Since we did not get them on the Freedom, maybe I should ask John to get them for us on the Glory.

And of course send us free stuff.

Still waiting to see if he comments on my comment about no chocolates on the Freedom.

Archived