What would you do with $1800 in OBC??!!

[SIZE=4]I would just sit back and enjoy myself. Do the usual things. If there is one thing in particular that you normally wouldn't buy or do (spa etc.) or a special excursion you would like to do with the family book it. I wouldn't go over board, but it's nice to know you have that much OBC.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I was excited with the $400 I have!! Enjoy!!![/SIZE]

What would I do...

Find out how much is refundable and how much is non-refundable.

Spend the non-refundable on tips, excursions, drinks, and maybe some of the sur-charge restaurants.

Wouldn't dip into the refundable portion...just wait to have it credited to my account.

Lets make some assumptions:

1) Its just my wife and I. No kids. With kids, spending $1800 is not even a challenge.
2) No craziness. I don't like "art" all that much and I don't want to go gamble it away.
3) Use it or lose it.

So:

Flowrider for 1hr $120
Soda Packages $84
Specialty coffees $56
Souvenirs for kids $100
spa $300.00
Excursion1 $170
Drink of the day $364
Excursion 2 $110
Beach Break $110
Perfume $80
Photos $120
Gratuities $136
Chops $60
Portofino $60

There. You now owe $10.00.

Note that the drink of the day is 4 drinks at $6.50 each per person.

[quote name='tropiclvrs']I thought it would be fun to see what other people would do with this amount of OBC. This is my current "dilemma" now that I actually do have that much. :eek:

I first only had a measly $100 obc when I booked Oasis on my last Mariner cruise, then I got another $285 when I transferred the booking to a travel agent, but now I got another $1396 after chaning from a D1 to a D3 (there was a significant difference in price for the 3rd/4th persons and a small difference for the 1st and 2nd).

Since we are within final payment period, we got the OBC which is perfectly fine with me. I'm dreaming of all the ways we can spend it including a "Mother's Day Massage" a "Happy Birthday to me Massage" and all the yummy cocktails to sample every night. Of course, we'll be finding plenty of things for our 2 kids that are coming with us.

What would you do??????[/quote]

What I would NOT do - I would not let my DW know about it, it would be gone in a flash ;)

Man! We had a $750 OBC on Carnival once and I thought I'd never spend it all. I bought everything I could in the shops and drank some of it. You've got a lot of drinkin' to do!:D

Buy a couple of those robes for gifts; my address is....

Archived