1st time possible cruiser - question about cabin location

Kelcash

I'm considering a cruise on the Emerald Princess in late June/early July and from what I can tell most (if not all) of the oceanview cabins are on the Emerald deck which is right above the Promenade deck. I've been reading these boards a lot and seem to recall reading that this deck can be noisy. I don't want my family's first cruise to be ruined because we aren't able to sleep. Any suggestions on location?

I'm considering a cruise on the Emerald Princess in late June/early July and from what I can tell most (if not all) of the oceanview cabins are on the Emerald deck which is right above the Promenade deck. I've been reading these boards a lot and seem to recall reading that this deck can be noisy. I don't want my family's first cruise to be ruined because we aren't able to sleep. Any suggestions on location?

Unless a stateroom is located right over one of the lounge areas where there might be a band, noise from below isn't usually a problem. Noise from the deck above, if a public deck, is where you can sometimes run into the noise problem, like under the buffet area.

I've stayed on Emerald deck a few times and the cabins are not noisy from the Promenade Deck below. I guess the only spot that I've heard some complaints on were the mini-suite E730 cabins on ships as they are right over the band of Club Fusion. Other than that you shouldn't have any problems unless you get noisy neighbors which could happen on any deck

We frequently have had emerald deck cabins. All have been quiet except one. On the caribbean Princess we chose a cabin directly above a door out to the Promenade deck. Almost everyone who went out that door let it slam behind them. We ended up buying ear plugs but even that didn't help greatly. Since then we have chosen cabins at least two forward or two behind a door and had no problems. To choose correctly we cut out the emerald deck diagram from the brochure, lined up the elevators on the two decks and chose our cabin from that.

We frequently have had emerald deck cabins. All have been quiet except one. On the caribbean Princess we chose a cabin directly above a door out to the Promenade deck. Almost everyone who went out that door let it slam behind them.

Think I had that door over my DR table on the Golden! :eek:

You should be fine on Emerald deck.

Archived