Has anyone missed Grand Cayman in mid-May?

endeavor3

We are on the Valor on 5/16/10 departing Miami. Our first port is Grand Cayman. This stop is EXTREMELY important to us as we are getting married there. I was just wondering what the other "board members" experiences have been.

We are on the Valor on 5/16/10 departing Miami. Our first port is Grand Cayman. This stop is EXTREMELY important to us as we are getting married there. I was just wondering what the other "board members" experiences have been.

I can tell you from both of our cruises on the Valor..both in May..we have never missed Grand Cayman....with that being said..I am sure it has happened.

have fun on your trip...I get on the week after

I'll be on the same cruise as you, but allow me to say congrats early. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and your wedding will go off without a hitch.

Either way we'll hook up and I'll buy y'all a drink!

Erin,

We got married in GC in June of 2009. According to the ship's staff, GC had not been missed in months and our cruise was no exception.

Prior to our departure, I had read all of the horror stories about missing the GC port here on CC. Glad I ignored it and just booked the date:D

Funny thing, if we had decided to get married in Cozumel (our next stop) we would have been out of luck because of the swine flu scare.

You will be fine;)

Kenny

It does happen... but if you have planned to get married onshore you need to be prepared for the possibility the ship will not be able to go there.

I'll be on the same cruise as you, but allow me to say congrats early. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and your wedding will go off without a hitch.

Either way we'll hook up and I'll buy y'all a drink!

Chris - we'll be looking for you and that drink! Thanks for the offer and wishes!!

why is that port skipped so much? i think i read where glory skipped it today.

Wind and waves make it too difficult to board the tenders. There's nothing protecting ships from waves/wind coming all the way across the Caribbean.

One would think that with all the ships going there they would build a bunch of piers and stop this nonsense with tendering.

Surprised the cruise lines do not pressure GC to do this by threatening to go elsewhere.

really! just confirmed, the glory didnt make it in there today too. Disappointed passengers, rumor is they may get $20 credit. Thats it???? Rip off!!!

Archived