Explorer of the Seas ~ Grand Suite Photos/Videos/Advice Needed

LuvMyVette

Hi:

I'm trying to help someone plan their cruise on Explorer. They are interested in booking a GS. So far it's the two of them but their two teenage daughters might go.

Does anyone have any photos/videos of the grand suites that I can show my friends? They would like to get a visual of the cabin/layout prior to booking.

Since I never stayed in a GS I can't assist them.

Are the room configurations the same? From some photos I've seen, looks like there's a closet to one side of the door and then the other two by the wet bar area. I saw another set of photos where all three closets are together. Would you know which cabins have those type of setups?

Any cabins that they shouldn't book due to noise across the hall, noise from deck eleven, layout, etc.?

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

There's 1 GS on the "hump" that I would try for....very convenient.....have no idea about the closets...doubt that will make alot of difference in the enjoyment of the cruise! If the "hump' cabin isn't avail, try to get one of the GS's that are closest to mid-ship...some of them are pretty far forward. Have the deck plans in front of you when booking!

Another thing...if they think the girls will be joining them, book them into the room from the start...it's much easier to cancel them, than to try and add them later...sometimes, depending on how many folks have booked, they won't allow you to add anyone to a cabin, even if the cabin has bedding for more. Just something to keep in mind!

Hi cb at sea:

Thank you very much for your response. I already informed our friends to book the girls for now and they can always cancel if they don't go. I'm trying to find more photos/videos of the GS's but haven't had much luck yet. This is their first cruise and I'm doing what I can to help them out. I'm familiar with the ship/ports but I'm no help when it comes to the GS's.

Thanks again!

Hi:

I'm trying to help someone plan their cruise on Explorer. They are interested in booking a GS. So far it's the two of them but their two teenage daughters might go.

Does anyone have any photos/videos of the grand suites that I can show my friends? They would like to get a visual of the cabin/layout prior to booking.

Are the room configurations the same? From some photos I've seen, looks like there's a closet to one side of the door and then the other two by the wet bar area. I saw another set of photos where all three closets are together. Would you know which cabins have those type of setups?

Any cabins that they shouldn't book due to noise across the hall, noise from deck eleven, layout, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Here are some pictures of Grand Suite 1324 on the hump. I hope they help you.

Eileen

IMG_3835.jpg.bcf29414256cd99dc28ed48f49b00560.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg.6ce0abbfcd79ffb80cbb8998e97e887e.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg.58227ea24977996e34b591c4c015b246.jpg

IMG_3893.jpg.08b5f991810f8e86d5e9e430aa1e187f.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg.72023152972c87c52d313ed9b3b4b7fb.jpg

Hi:

Thanks in advance!

And here are some pictures of the bathroom, and one of the closet.

Eileen

IMG_3843.jpg.237c4aa13cc83235111e57476d3b4bc9.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg.7cc24ca4dfe21017eaf532ae9e00a96f.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg.871a4ee3c46057c0525d387c20b35a4f.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg.ecd469f66e43f9238399d706f505785f.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg.a0a8a10c7bcd40f8e353545dd5301992.jpg

Eileen:

Thank you very much for the GS photos. That is one beautiful cabin! Did you have any issues with noise since the cabin was on the hump?

If you have any other information to share re: the GS it would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the photos, it was a huge help!:)

Eileen:

Thank you very much for the GS photos. That is one beautiful cabin! Did you have any issues with noise since the cabin was on the hump?

If you have any other information to share re: the GS it would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the photos, it was a huge help!:)

No noise problem at all! Even though we were close to the elevators, it was still was very private.

There was plenty of storage. The wall with the mirrors was all closets, and there were drawers on the other side. There was a huge amount of storage in the bathroom, too.

Glad I could help.

Eileen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi:

Thanks in advance!

I found this on youtube.

Archived