HAL Website - New Interactive Deck Plans

kelleherdl

HAL's Website just went live with new interactive deck plans. Larger versions of the diagrams, click on an idividual stateroom and up comes the virtual tour. Public spaces are done this way as well.

Dennis

HAL's Website just went live with new interactive deck plans. Larger versions of the diagrams, click on an idividual stateroom and up comes the virtual tour. Public spaces are done this way as well.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis for letting us all know! It looks great except that all the V categories they show for the Westerdam look just like a Deck 4 Superior Verandah Suite. All the V categories shown for decks 4-8 look almost exactly like my VA 8104 except mine had plexiglass railings and the ones they show on the Esterdam all have a solid railing...

BUT, gives us something new to check with when we prepare to book.:)

Joanie

Too bad the tours of the cabins aren't accurate. :( I just clicked on an inside cabin that I'm very familiar with. It's a different configuration than the others in the same category.

What came up was the tour of the typical cabin.

Too bad the tours of the cabins aren't accurate. :( I just clicked on an inside cabin that I'm very familiar with. It's a different configuration than the others in the same category.

What came up was the tour of the typical cabin.

You're right, Ruth. I expected to see a disclaimer along the lines that this is not the actual cabin you've clicked on but a representative view of a cabin of the same category. To my mind it conveys the impression that you're seeing the actual cabin. Else, why do they let you click cabin by cabin rather than category by category? It looks like the HAL lawyers fell asleep on this one. I can hear the plaintiffs' bar salivating over the possible bait & switch claims!

Should we start a pool on how long it takes HAL to fix this?

[quote I expected to see a disclaimer along the lines that this is not the actual cabin you've clicked on but a representative view of a cabin of the same category. To my mind it conveys the impression that you're seeing the actual cabin. Else, why do they let you click cabin by cabin rather than category by category? It looks like the HAL lawyers fell asleep on this one. I can hear the plaintiffs' bar salivating over the possible bait & switch claims!

There is a disclaimer saying furniture ect are not as depicted in all rooms on the bottom right corner of the web page, not the actual video.. I am sorry that they didnt think it neccessary to show an actual wheelchair accessible room. That would have made me very happy

If you haven't seen the new deck plans on the HAL website, have a look. They are terrible.:mad:

The vertical scroll bar on the left only takes you part way back in the ship from the bow. Then you have to click on the plan - and not over a cabin (that offers you a virtual tour!) - and drag up (counterintuitive) and gradually more and more of the plan appears - it takes forever and a dexterous hand!

Why can't the Seattle folks quit wasting money on things some misguided person thinks is "cool" and instead focus on making their website as simple and easy and intuitive to use?? Most of HAL's customers are past the "cool" stage and just want easy-to-get information.

New Deck Plans on HAL Website

If you haven't seen the new deck plans on the HAL website, have a look. They are terrible.:mad:

The vertical scroll bar on the left only takes you part way back in the ship from the bow. Then you have to click on the plan - and not over a cabin (that offers you a virtual tour!) - and drag up (counterintuitive) and gradually more and more of the plan appears - it takes forever and a dexterous hand!

Why can't the Seattle folks quit wasting money on things some misguided person thinks is "cool" and instead focus on making their website as simple and easy and intuitive to use?? Most of HAL's customers are past the "cool" stage and just want easy-to-get information.

You're right, Ruth. I expected to see a disclaimer along the lines that this is not the actual cabin you've clicked on but a representative view of a cabin of the same category. To my mind it conveys the impression that you're seeing the actual cabin. Else, why do they let you click cabin by cabin rather than category by category? It looks like the HAL lawyers fell asleep on this one. I can hear the plaintiffs' bar salivating over the possible bait & switch claims!

I actually know someone who caused a big uproar on the QM2 because the cabin was not as depicted on a brochure - with no disclaimer - and he got himself a free cruise! [without a lawyer's assistance!]

I actually know someone who caused a big uproar on the QM2 because the cabin was not as depicted on a brochure - with no disclaimer - and he got himself a free cruise! [without a lawyer's assistance!]

Way to go! (RuthC is thinking, thinking. ;))

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page that pops up, you will find links for PDF files for each individual deck, or a PDF file for all the decks. These PDF files are identical to the ones HAL used to publish on their website. So, you have the best of both worlds...fancy technology or the basic PDF files.

Kudos to HAL for keeping the old deck plan format available.

As a first timer with Hal I really love the interactive web site for cabins,

Could someone please tell me on the Prinsendam Dolphin Deck Midship what is the white area? We are booked in cabin 454 and am curious what is across the hall

Thanks

cristine

Archived