Prinsendam in Manaus???

2bout2c

I read this on Paul's blog today. Has anyone heard any news?

"At about 9.15 the Captain came on the PA system to inform us that because of seemingly major political problems involving the Harbour Master, Port Authority, Local Government and the Federal Government, our ship and the Royal Princess had been refused permission to dock pending the out come of these political negotiations"

At this time they were refused permission to anchor also.

I read this on Paul's blog today. Has anyone heard any news?

"At about 9.15 the Captain came on the PA system to inform us that because of seemingly major political problems involving the Harbour Master, Port Authority, Local Government and the Federal Government, our ship and the Royal Princess had been refused permission to dock pending the out come of these political negotiations"

At this time they were refused permission to anchor also.

That's incredable..Wonder where they went?

Wow thats not good news for Princess. If the Royal is on a normal Amazon schedule then they would be off loading passengers at Manus and loading a new set of passengers. The Prinsendam is just making a port call. (big difference).

The hardship on Princess would be quite extensive. I believe that the Royal Princess is one day ahead of the Prinsendam so we will have to see what transpires tomorrow.

Wow thats not good news for Princess. If the Royal is on a normal Amazon schedule then they would be off loading passengers at Manus and loading a new set of passengers. The Prinsendam is just making a port call. (big difference).

The hardship on Princess would be quite extensive. I believe that the Royal Princess is one day ahead of the Prinsendam so we will have to see what transpires tomorrow.

They both arrived at the same time today. I guess you mean that the Royal should be leaving Manaus ahead of the Prinsendam.

From another passenger on the Prinsendam, Sue Koenig, who is reporting on the cruise; she says that the Royal Princess was allowed to dock around 12:30pm, and the Prinsendam was allowed to anchor. Tenders took the passengers with tours to shore. She said the Captain was still waiting for information as to whether the ship could be docked or not.

From another passenger on the Prinsendam' date=' Sue Koenig, who is reporting on the cruise; she says that the Royal Princess was allowed to dock around 12:30pm, and the Prinsendam was allowed to anchor. Tenders took the passengers with tours to shore. She said the Captain was still waiting for information as to whether the ship could be docked or not.[/quote']

That is good news. My friend on the Prinsendam would be sad to miss this port. They had to miss Macha Pincho (sp) because of the mud slides.

There are 3 ships docked in Manaus right now and you can see the stern of Prinsendam from the bowcam of Royal Princess, and you can see the stern of Princess from the bowcam of Artemis (P&O, I believe) So whatever the problem was, it was apparently resolved to the point where 3 ships are now docked:)

Wonder if the people on the Prinsendam doing independent tours had them cut short or were able to reschedule for the 2nd day. When we did Raphael's tour in Manaus, we left the ship as soon as possible after docking around 10:00am, and didn't get back to the ship until 8:00pm.

There are 3 ships docked in Manaus right now and you can see the stern of Prinsendam from the bowcam of Royal Princess, and you can see the stern of Princess from the bowcam of Artemis (P&O, I believe) So whatever the problem was, it was apparently resolved to the point where 3 ships are now docked:)
Correct. If you follow Cruise Critic on Facebook or Twitter, they've posted updates on this situation. FYI, the Artemis, is the former, "old" Royal Princess which had Lady Di as her godmother and now sails for P&O so the "old" and the "new" are docked together. :) I've been on all three ships and they are my favorites.

I do not think I can post his blog here (copy and paste as some parts would be out of context). But I will post the link and you can read for yourself what happened.

BTW the Princess ship is there for 3 days and Prinsendam overnight.

Here is the Blog URL http://www.hollandamericablog.com/albert/

Joanie

Archived