QV stranded in Shanghai

roscoe39

Just in case anyone else is following the world cruise of the QV this year, she is still stranded after 24 hours in Shanghai due to the harbour being closed due to fog.

I hope the passengers arnt giving the poor old purser and Captain Rynd too hard a time about the delay......and I hope shes still in time to pick us up in Singapore...:eek::D

Hi Roscoe and all,

Yep we are still stranded in Shanghai with no news of any improvement in the weather. I had a look at the BBC weather this evening and it does not look promising. I guess when it does improve sufficiently to enable the port to open there will be much moving and shaking to get priority clearance. So who knows when we might be able to sail.

I can only imagine the headaches and angst that must be going on in the bridge and shore side as a result of all this – much rather be on our side. Let’s face it alongside or at sea we still get to enjoy this beautiful ship. The ports and the shore excursions are merely an added extra.

As for the pax, at present the mood on the ship still seems upbeat. I think we are all resigned to fact that we are going to miss ports, the question now is how many.

Look forward to catching up with everyone when you board.

Cheers

Ali

Hi Roscoe and all,

Yep we are still stranded in Shanghai with no news of any improvement in the weather. I had a look at the BBC weather this evening and it does not look promising. I guess when it does improve sufficiently to enable the port to open there will be much moving and shaking to get priority clearance. So who knows when we might be able to sail.

I can only imagine the headaches and angst that must be going on in the bridge and shore side as a result of all this – much rather be on our side. Let’s face it alongside or at sea we still get to enjoy this beautiful ship. The ports and the shore excursions are merely an added extra.

As for the pax, at present the mood on the ship still seems upbeat. I think we are all resigned to fact that we are going to miss ports, the question now is how many.

Look forward to catching up with everyone when you board.

Cheers

Ali

wow....still there this morning...and look at the fog!....good luck...fingers crossed youll get out today....maybe its a conspiracy by the chinees government to make you speand more money???

just kidding..chins up...have a drink in the bar....but not too many to make less for us...

roscoe

No no! It's the curse of Camilla! It has struck again. :eek:

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh

J

Nheeeeeeeeeeehhhh ..............

that was mean....shell be your next Queen......you wait....

Yep we are still stranded in Shanghai with no news of any improvement in the weather. Ali

Hi Ali You poor things being 'stranded' on that lovely ship!!! I feel for the people waiting to board her though.

Went down to Fremantle yesterday with the rest of Perth's population to have a look at the Queen Mary. Looking at possibly booking Cape Town to Fremantle next year. (Our Star Princess South American cruise has just been cancelled).

Was lovely cruising with you last month. Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey.

Vera

Hi Ali You poor things being 'stranded' on that lovely ship!!! I feel for the people waiting to board her though.

Went down to Fremantle yesterday with the rest of Perth's population to have a look at the Queen Mary. Looking at possibly booking Cape Town to Fremantle next year. (Our Star Princess South American cruise has just been cancelled).

Was lovely cruising with you last month. Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey.

Vera

Hi Vera,

Great to hear from you. It was sad to see so many get off in Freemantle and again in Hong Kong. But as the saying goes "when one door closes another opens". so new friends to meet and new places to see - even if it is the dock at Shanghai & no one is allowed to go ashore.

We finally got going about 6:15 am our time - so I can only imagine the headaches on the bridge plotting new courses and schedules to get to Bangkok and Singapore on time. (I guess these are the next 2 ports that are an absolute must for embarkation and disembarkation?)

Shame about your Star Princess Cruise, but I hear that QM2 is going to be partly based in Aussie in 2012. Now that is a very exciting prospect and one that is more than likely to put another dent in the bank balance. Oh well it was made round to go round not flat to stack hey!

Cheers

Ali and Bruce

Surely you don't believe what you read in the papers! His looks come from Diana's sister (Lady Sarah) part of the family. Ginger hair.

http://i26.tinypic.com/skut20.jpg

Nor do I believe what I read on the internet.

And anyway, it doesn't matter. He's not going to be King - Charles is, assuming he outlives his mother (giving us Queen Camilla) then William and (one presumes) Queen Katherine.

And anyway, it doesn't matter. He's not going to be King - Charles is, assuming he outlives his mother (giving us Queen Camilla) then William and (one presumes) Queen Katherine.

Exactly!

Harry Hewitt? Related to Brenda? Only by marriage.....

hahah....as i said...thems is fighting words...check your dates...she didnt even know the cad when she was pregnant to our next king....

interesting concept though....next theyll say she was pregnant to the heir of harrods.....:eek:

Archived