GROUP CRUISE OR EARLY SAVER?? Which is better?

C&THollings

We are going to book soon on the Valor for March 27 to April 2, 2011. We currently have 7 rooms in our group, possible more. With 8, you can get the group rates. It seems they are higher than the fun saver. So what do you really gain by turning it into a group cruise???

We are going to book soon on the Valor for March 27 to April 2, 2011. We currently have 7 rooms in our group, possible more. With 8, you can get the group rates. It seems they are higher than the fun saver. So what do you really gain by turning it into a group cruise???[/QUOTE]

one free berth which is one persons fare which I dont believe includes the port charges and govt taxes.

Bill

You really dont gain much, except for the group leader who gets the free berth.

If you wanted a 1A for instance, you cant book one at a group price for 2 people. There are limitations to me on the group price, which will be higher than ES, but you probably get OBC to offset the higher price.

You have to add it up to see which is better.

Group - with 8 rooms at double occupancy you get one free berth rate based on which cabin type is booked the most. (i.e. 3 inside, 5 balcony - You would get the balcony rate.) You also get OBC the amount depends on how many amenity points they give for that particular cruise. We are doing a Mexican Riviera on Carnival, and are getting $100 obc per cabin - RC was only giving $75 per cabin. Also, the prices Carnival quoted us are for B category, but at A category prices.

Add the amenities/bonuses you get with the group and see if the savings is greater than Early Saver.

Keep in mind that you can't just automaticly turn your 7 bookings into a Group when you get the 8th.

You have to block the group space "now" if they are still permitting new groups on your sailing.

You can still get the "group rate " and some amenities if you fall short of 8 cabins that sail. You just won't get the 1 cruise fare rebated back to the group leader (following the cruise return).

Your TA can also help fill out the group of 8 if you fail to by crediting 1 of his/her bookings toward your group.

Book your group now! Then move your 7 bookings into it .

Don't quote me, but I thought she told me if you book easy saver, you can not change it to a group curise. I will have to give her a call and verify. From what I see, the OBC would offset the rate difference. And the free berth would be nice since I am doing all the planning for all the couples.

You have a choice of getting the kickback for every 8 rooms booked or deviding the $900 for every 8 balcony cabins so every cabin gets a kick back. On Board credit depending on how many points you use for your on board credit. You can get a free bag for each cabin also. We choose a group so we all can get the free stuff that comes with booking 8 rooms.

Group rate helped one party member greatly over ES price.

We have a group going and it seems one spouse was going to have to cancel after the cancellation date had passed. Had we booked ES they would have lost the deposit (which was half the fare) and then the other person taking his place would have to pay full price at whatever the current price rate was at that time.

With purchasing under the group rate (costing only a few dollars more) they were able to pay the $50 fee for transferring the name to the new person going in their place. Big savings!!

Earlier saver would have cost them dearly after loosing the deposit of $250 and then making the new person traveling pay at such a late date.

Everyone in our group will receive a tote bag and $100 obc. Works for us!!

I'm about to decide that group cruises aren't really worth it for me and sister.

We were contemplating a CC group cruise for 2011 but the price is $100 more per person at the group rate then what we can book directly with Carnival for and we only get one $75 OBC. The rest of the perks don't really make much difference to us.

We may still be on that cruise, but we're really having to watch our cruise $$ and by booking directly we essentially save $125 over the group cruise rate.

I'm about to decide that group cruises aren't really worth it for me and sister.

We were contemplating a CC group cruise for 2011 but the price is $100 more per person at the group rate then what we can book directly with Carnival for and we only get one $75 OBC. The rest of the perks don't really make much difference to us.

We may still be on that cruise, but we're really having to watch our cruise $$ and by booking directly we essentially save $125 over the group cruise rate.

wow you found a even bigger difference than I did, bet on the same cruise? lol I think for what I booked about $40 total lower to book on my own, because of splitting the $75 OBC, wasnt worth it. The Crazies would have been, but I didnt want to lose the room with two windows I had booked, that price was a great group deal and I expected similar, so I was surprised Crazies Too wasnt a deal for us.

Archived