Ecstasy late Again??

luving2cruise

So sorry for the poor folks waiting to get on and those waiting to get off! Hope this is not a repeat of my nightmare!

Does anyone have the link to the site for ships current positions. The only one I have is the scheduled positions and it indicates that the Ecstasy is back in Galveston.

And they are considering adding more ships to this port/area? :confused: Seems we are constantly hearing about major fog delays at that port. :(

I would think they are, Magic. This port pulls down a lot higher rates than most any other port, so why wouldnt they consider it?? Maybe they need to not sail out of Baltimore either after a couple of bad snows.

And they are considering adding more ships to this port/area? :confused: Seems we are constantly hearing about major fog delays at that port. :(

Are they really? Who are "they"?

Where did you hear that and what cruiseline might this be? That would be great if they did. The Port of Houston Authority (POHA) has built a beautiful cruise ship terminal and we haven't heard that any ships intended to lease it. Why is that, I wonder.:eek:

I read somewhere that there are only 37 days of fog a year in Galveston...tis the season!

I would think they are, Magic. This port pulls down a lot higher rates than most any other port, so why wouldnt they consider it?? Maybe they need to not sail out of Baltimore either after a couple of bad snows.

This year's Baltimore snows were a major fluke having that many and much at once. It usually isn't THAT bad.

What is funny is that a ship can make it all the way up the Mississippi River with all its turns in a heavy fog, yet in Mobile and Galveston they cannot make it a short way in.

Dave

Yeah... it is a bit odd but the decision to close the harbor is up to the Coast Guard and the Harbor Master... mostly the Coast Guard so I suspect the query/blame/whatever should go to them...

;)

I live about 1.5 hrs north of Galveston. I got in my car this morning and thought about Ecstasy and the fog this morning... Also we do not have many fogy days here.

What webcam are yall watching? I would love to start checking it out too!

Archived