upgrade?

downrunner

Just got an offer to upgrade on our Oosterdam sailing, from a VE Veranda to an SS suite for $199 per person. These are on the Navigation Deck midship. Looks like they would be under the Lido deck Buffet. Is this a problem? Is this a good deal?

Just got an offer to upgrade on our Oosterdam sailing, from a VE Veranda to an SS suite for $199 per person. These are on the Navigation Deck midship. Looks like they would be under the Lido deck Buffet. Is this a problem? Is this a good deal?

It is a great upgrade price!! I have not stayed directly underneath the Lido, but have stayed in both SS and SA suites on the Oosterdam. They are fabulous and you will love the extra room & larger balcony. I would grab it in a heartbeat if it were me, but as I said, I have not stayed under the Lido. Perhaps someone who has experience in that cabin area will respond to you quickly, as I know those upsell offers won't last forever. If you don't respond in a timely manner, HAL assume you have "passed" on their offer and move on to other passengers.

Best of luck & you will love the "O" - she is our favorite HAL ship! :D

We've been in an SS on the Oosterdam under the Lido buffet and never noticed a thing. We're not bothered by a little noise, I mean it is a cruise ship and it's not going to be as quiet as our single family home but I don't remember anything substantial or bothersome. $199 per person for the upgrade, really an up sell, is not a bad deal.

what sailing date are u on????

We did a similar upsell on a 12 day Med. cruise last year from VE to SS for $299 pp. The SS cabin was great EXCEPT it was beneath the Lido Restaurant and every morning at 0530 we had considerable noise from the setting up of the omelette station (I guess) as we were right below it. We were in the cabin on the bend. What cabin are they offering?

Gary

So glad you took HAL up on that wonderful upsell offer! You will now be spoiled forever. An upsell offer a couple years ago is how we got hooked on the 'suite life'! Enjoy - enjoy - enjoy! And congratulations. You got a marvelous deal! :D

Archived