Concierge Class

sammyt

For those of you who have been in a Concierge Class Room, C1, 2, or 3, are they worth the extra money, and what is the main difference in the 1,2, and 3. Never have been in one, read the amenties, but still don't know if it is worth all the extra.

IMHO, it is not worth paying extra for Concierge Class. We were in an aft cabin on an M class ship shortly after it became Concierge Class. It was pleasant having fresh flowers, but pointless having bad appetizers in the afternoon. (There's plenty of good food on the ships). The best part of the aft cabin was the extra large balcony, not the fact it had become Concierge Class. For an upcoming Bermuda cruise on the Summit, we were upgraded to CC for the price of a balcony cabin (a travel show "special"). So, of course, we took it. We'll see if it's any more "luxurious" than it was a few years ago :rolleyes:.

Sheila

The C1, C2, & C3 designations are based on location. On M-Class ships, the C1's are a bigger deal than on Solstice Class ships as the C1's on M-Class ships have massive balconies. I actually think the C2's are better than the C1's on Solstice Class for the most part.

With Concierge Class you get a few extra perks, some nice, some more fluff. The best "perk" is you get an extra Cruise Credit, so you can work your way to Elite faster (excellent perks once you are Elite in the Captain's Club). Some other perks include an expanded room service menu and a bottle of sparkling wine in your stateroom upon arrival. You get a fruit bowl in your stateroom and some fresh flowers as well. On M-Class ships the CC staterooms are a bit larger than non CC balcony staterooms. On S-Class ships the rooms are same size, but you get an ottoman for your balcony chairs.

The value of the "perks" varies from person to person, but for most people it is worth it if CC class is only slightly more expensive than a non CC balcony, but not worth it if much more expensive. People are inclined to pay up for a C1 on M-Class ships since the balcony is so massive.

In addition to those mentioned above, on the Summit, I know you get flat screen TVs, pillow selections, nicer robes, some special shower head do-hickey, 24-room service, priority embarkation and debarkation, personalized notepads, leather key holders, larger balcony furniture.

To me, the extra cost is worth it. That's a long list that other cabins don't have and it seems to me that they try to make things a little more pleasant.

That's just enough to make it worthwhile for some people.

In our case, it was well worth it! We booked an inside cabin on Sky Deck of the Summit. Through a military discount the price for a C3 was a total of $110 more than we booked the inside for. And, a whole lot less than a regular balcony cabin! It would be stupid not to take it. The cabin is far aft, (not what you guys call an Aft cabin, which is really a Stern cabin. Aft is a direction & Stern is a location. Sorry, old Navy Guy here.) not a great location. But for just a couple of dollars more than an inside, I feel we stepped in you-know-what.

In our case, it was well worth it! We booked an inside cabin on Sky Deck of the Summit. Through a military discount the price for a C3 was a total of $110 more than we booked the inside for. And, a whole lot less than a regular balcony cabin! It would be stupid not to take it. The cabin is far aft, (not what you guys call an Aft cabin, which is really a Stern cabin. Aft is a direction & Stern is a location. Sorry, old Navy Guy here.) not a great location. But for just a couple of dollars more than an inside, I feel we stepped in you-know-what.

Think you will find you like that far aft location. You're close to the aft elevators & stairs and can get anywhere on the ship fast. We always book back there. And congratulations on your great upgrade! Have a great cruise!

For those of you who have been in a Concierge Class Room, C1, 2, or 3, are they worth the extra money, and what is the main difference in the 1,2, and 3. Never have been in one, read the amenities, but still don't know if it is worth all the extra.

On our very first cruise we had a regular balcony stateroom. While on our cruise we read all of the brochures and decided that the next time we would try Concierge Class. We like it and the cost difference is usually very small. We especially that we get 2 points for our Captain's Club per cruise instead of one, we think that is worth the money alone. We like the thicker, nicer towels. We like the flowers and my DH LOVES the fresh fruit in our stateroom. We always ask for a small cheese plate instead of the appetizers and we have always gotten it. We have ALWAYS gotten exemplary service from our room steward. This coming cruise (in June) we are going to try an Aqua Spa stateroom only because it was "cheaper" than the CC. We could not resist giving it a try.

But we do love CC and we think it is worth the money to us. No one can answer the question "for you". Some people think anything other than an inside cabin is a waste of money. But like my beloved Father once told me, "I don't travel steerage!" I could not sail in a closet! But that is why there are so many cruise lines and so many choices of staterooms so that there is something for everyone! I like to see everyone happy with their choices.:D

American Commerce and Cruising are wonderful. As choices do abound.

As in life, love and cruising it is what we make of it..:cool:

Two words of One.

Choices-Choices...;)

On our very first cruise we had a regular balcony stateroom. While on our cruise we read all of the brochures and decided that the next time we would try Concierge Class. We like it and the cost difference is usually very small. We especially that we get 2 points for our Captain's Club per cruise instead of one, we think that is worth the money alone. We like the thicker, nicer towels. We like the flowers and my DH LOVES the fresh fruit in our stateroom. We always ask for a small cheese plate instead of the appetizers and we have always gotten it. We have ALWAYS gotten exemplary service from our room steward. This coming cruise (in June) we are going to try an Aqua Spa stateroom only because it was "cheaper" than the CC. We could not resist giving it a try.

But we do love CC and we think it is worth the money to us. No one can answer the question "for you". Some people think anything other than an inside cabin is a waste of money. But like my beloved Father once told me, "I don't travel steerage!" I could not sail in a closet! But that is why there are so many cruise lines and so many choices of staterooms so that there is something for everyone! I like to see everyone happy with their choices.:D

For those of you who have been in a Concierge Class Room, C1, 2, or 3, are they worth the extra money, and what is the main difference in the 1,2, and 3. Never have been in one, read the amenties, but still don't know if it is worth all the extra.

I agree with what others have said, I don't believe its worth the extra money. If you are looking at the S class ships I would look at the Aqua Class cabins more so than CC.

You didn't say which ship you were sailing, but I will add my two cents. We LOVE concierge class for all the amenities mentioned above. To us, it is well worth the extra $$$ and after all the price drops, our CC class ended up being cheaper than a regular balcony cabin. The differences in the levels are location. All the C1's are on the aft of the ship and highly coveted. We exchanged our canapes for cheese and crackers and it was a nice touch to have in our room when we returned from our excursions. The two best things for us were the expanded room service menu for breakfast so we could eat out on our balcony and the extra cruise credit. The breakfast menu includes fresh smoothies and fresh squeezed juices which you cannot get in the MDR. We also got the larger cabin and balcony since we were on the Summit. Our next cruise we are trying out the Aqua class on the Eclipse since it is cheaper than the CC1.

adelphi: We didn't have a flat screen tv in our CC cabin on the Summit. Did they upgrade those tv's? That would be great.

I am confused now lol I posted a thread the other day asking this very question if I should upgrade to CC for less than $100 total for the two of us or keep my "sweet 16" cabin. Most of the responses said to keep the "sweet 16"... so I did. Should I have upgraded to CC?

I agree with a previous poster - it depends on the individual.

We started out in a CC cabin when we first tried =X=. We did this because we had always booked minisuites on Princess and HAL. On our first cruise we had one of the CC cabins with a bigger deck but not one of the aft facing CC cabins with huge decks. In our opinion that first cabin WAS NOT worth the price difference. Then we switched to the aft facing CC cabins for our next two cruises. To us those are worth differential. The deck is what makes this so. The cabin is no bigger than any other CC cabin but the deck is huge.

To give you some idea of just how large our decks were we had two lounge chairs, two conventional chairs with a small table between them and a large table with four chairs. All of this fit in the first one-fourth of the space. These decks are really huge. We were on Deck 7 both times. This deck has the largest aft balconies. As you go up deck by deck the aft balconies get progressivley smaller.

We had another aft CC booked for our most recent cruise but then our TA had a really good price on the largest SS cabin on the Millineum so we decided to try the suite life. Let me tell you, it is addictive. We didn't think that having a butler would be all that big a deal for us. We were wrong. He was funny, pleasant all the time and did a ton of stuff for us. I am now trying to decide which of my four banjos to pawn so that we can do an encore in the suite life.:)

No matter what cabin you end up booking, go enjoy that next cruise. Everyone have a great day out there.

:D:D

Sarah! How are you. Long time no talk. LOL For me the answer would be the CC definitely over the sweet sixteen because I like the larger cabin you get on the Summit, the double cruise credit, nicer bed, towels, pillows and shower. Plus the expanded breakfast room service menu. If it was strictly a question of saving money, and having a nice balcony, then stick with the 2C. The sweet 16 balcony is larger than the CC balcony, but the CC room and balcony are both larger than a regular balcony cabin if that makes sense.

Sarah! How are you. Long time no talk. LOL For me the answer would be the CC definitely over the sweet sixteen because I like the larger cabin you get on the Summit, the double cruise credit, nicer bed, towels, pillows and shower. Plus the expanded breakfast room service menu. If it was strictly a question of saving money, and having a nice balcony, then stick with the 2C. The sweet 16 balcony is larger than the CC balcony, but the CC room and balcony are both larger than a regular balcony cabin if that makes sense.

Good how are you?

I needed you Kat, where were you last week lol!!! I hate how this forum doesnt have private messaging :-/

Unfortunatley the rooms w/ the discounted rate (resident rate) are already taken :-( Ohwell I will still enjoy my "sweet 16" and know for my next cruise right ;)

Pilot 70D ~ just wondering what ship you were on with the huge aft large deck on 7?? We're on the Constellation in cabin 7203 - read all over it's a good cabin with a big deck - praying it'll still be there after the rehab!!

Thanks much!

Pilot 70D ~ just wondering what ship you were on with the huge aft large deck on 7?? We're on the Constellation in cabin 7203 - read all over it's a good cabin with a big deck - praying it'll still be there after the rehab!!

Thanks much!

We were in 7203 on the Connie and have been in that same cabin on the Millie. There was no discernable difference between the two vessels.

This huge deck is divided into roughly three parts. Moving from the cabin door toward the stern (the non-pointy end of the ship) roughly the first 1/3 of the deck has a steel cover. The next 1/3 is covered by canvas and the final 1/3 is open. This is a great arrangement. If you get a little liquid sunshine you can go under the canvas and still enjoy things. If you get ardent liquid sunshine then you can retreat all the way under the hard cover.

I doubt that anything will change as far as this balcony goes during the refurbishment. That would mean structural changes which in turn would have to ripple up to Decks 8 & 9.

Enjoy 7203. We did. We still think that this is one of the best cabins without going to a full suite of some sort. I have just about decided to keep all my banjos though. Maybe I'll trade them my first born instead.:D

Good how are you?

I needed you Kat, where were you last week lol!!! I hate how this forum doesnt have private messaging :-/

Unfortunatley the rooms w/ the discounted rate (resident rate) are already taken :-( Ohwell I will still enjoy my "sweet 16" and know for my next cruise right ;)

Sarah, feel free to email me at the email shown here if you have any more questions. I know you will love that large balcony and you got a great deal. Keep an eye out though, because there may be more price drops. You just never know. ;)

In addition to those mentioned above, on the Summit, I know you get flat screen TVs, pillow selections, nicer robes, some special shower head do-hickey, 24-room service, priority embarkation and debarkation, personalized notepads, leather key holders, larger balcony furniture.

On Century 2 years ago it was worth it because the price was $10.00 more pp for the ENTIRE cruise. I like the champagne. The staterooms are the same size. Our luggage did nit arrive until after 6:00pm.

This year we are in a reg balcony because the difference was $250.00pp for 4 nights.

On Century in a 2A Verandah will I have the following:

1) Flat Screen TV?

2) fruit basket (on every cruise ship I have ever been on)?

3) Slippers?

To me, the extra cost is worth it. That's a long list that other cabins don't have and it seems to me that they try to make things a little more pleasant.

That's just enough to make it worthwhile for some people.

Can you describe the balcony furniture - footrest or ottoman or are they standard straight back chairs?

Sarah, feel free to email me at the email shown here if you have any more questions. I know you will love that large balcony and you got a great deal. Keep an eye out though, because there may be more price drops. You just never know. ;)

I will for sure! and thanks for all your help xoxo!

On Century 2 years ago it was worth it because the price was $10.00 more pp for the ENTIRE cruise. I like the champagne. The staterooms are the same size. Our luggage did nit arrive until after 6:00pm.

This year we are in a reg balcony because the difference was $250.00pp for 4 nights.

On Century in a 2A Verandah will I have the following:

1) Flat Screen TV?

2) fruit basket (on every cruise ship I have ever been on)?

3) Slippers?

I'm curious as well. The C2 cabins are about $50 more pp than regular verandah. It didn't seem too steep. But do CC cabins have priority embark and debark? How much time does this save?

just off Infinity in a cc....for me it was worth it since I was upgraded for free from a ocean view. The Concierge was almost useless. I was on the concierge line which there was no one at- the regular front desk line was very long. They had run out of English daily newspapers and I asked if they could get me one- the said get on the other line-"not my yob"- they did have them at the front desk-yep it was too hard for them to get one for me. I did use them once to check on my flights but I would have used them for a shore side day room if they had been amenable at all. The room was much larger than a regular balcony(the difference between a small love seat and a full sized couch)....

nice room useless concierge.

I'm curious as well. The C2 cabins are about $50 more pp than regular verandah. It didn't seem too steep. But do CC cabins have priority embark and debark? How much time does this save?

We did have priority embarkation with CC in Bayonne and it was wonderful. The check in lines were long but we were told to go to another area and were checked in without delay. Once we went through they took us to the ship immediately rather than waiting in lines with everyone else. When it was time to leave the ship it didn't really seem to make a difference. What was really worth paying the little extra was to build up points more quickly to Elite status with Captain's Club.

Archived