Outdoor Movies?

TG, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I prefer not having it but to be fair, I gave it a chance on the Carnival Splendor and at night (I don't care for it at all during the day) it was quite nice to have that option for people. I remember they showed Gladiator (I sailed on the Splendor over a year ago) and the whole viewing area was PACKED!

The movie was nice. What was not nice was the interruption of the movie's climax by the cruise director with one of his characteristically long and irritating announcements. The movie kept running but the sound cut out for the announcement. VERY annoying... just when I was warming up to the MUTS screen.

I prefer not having it but to be fair, I gave it a chance on the Carnival Splendor and at night (I don't care for it at all during the day) it was quite nice to have that option for people. I remember they showed Gladiator (I sailed on the Splendor over a year ago) and the whole viewing area was PACKED!

The movie was nice. What was not nice was the interruption of the movie's climax by the cruise director with one of his characteristically long and irritating announcements. The movie kept running but the sound cut out for the announcement. VERY annoying... just when I was warming up to the MUTS screen.

I have been docked NEAR a ship with MUTS while in port, and found the sound on MY ship annoying! Yes, it was THAT loud and intrusive. :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

I was on Caribbean Princess in 2005. This was the first ship with MUTS.

It was there for people that wanted it. It helps to spread the crowd out at night.

Princess has two separate big pool areas. One with MUTS and one without.

During the day we preferred 'without.' You couldn't hear it at the other pool area. It is separated by ship structure. Also, at our pool area the reggae band played every afternoon. HMMMMMM a movie or listening to great reggae while reading a book and drinking something tropical as the ocean

goes by........:rolleyes:

It wouldn't work that way on Royal Caribbean because they don't have separate pool areas that are for all ages like Princess. Just one of the differences between lines.

I thought it was good that it spread people out and more of the kids stayed by that pool. The other pool was fairly quiet except for some recorded music playing early and then the reggae band later.

DH and I have mainly sailed Princess, and we really enjoyed being able to go watch a movie outside after dinner.

I'm sorry that some of you are so repulsed by the idea. I understand that not everyone enjoys it. I was simply asking if it was going to be on my next cruise. That's all.

DH and I have mainly sailed Princess, and we really enjoyed being able to go watch a movie outside after dinner.

I'm sorry that some of you are so repulsed by the idea. I understand that not everyone enjoys it. I was simply asking if it was going to be on my next cruise. That's all.

We loved MUTS at night also! Especially sitting in the hot tubs watching the movie. It was almost like a drive in ;).

Thought I read on a review recently that Oasis uses the big screen in the aqua theatre for movies. Is this correct?

Yep, they don't do it often. On our sailing I can only remember seeing it listed in the compass once (Bee Movie I think) and at an odd time (not night).

I have been docked NEAR a ship with MUTS while in port, and found the sound on MY ship annoying! Yes, it was THAT loud and intrusive. :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

I agree. We were docked across from the Coral Princess in Ft. Lauderdale. They had there MUTS screen going and I found it to be intrusive and an eye sore. I hope RCI never does that. I love the pool deck in the evening just the way it is.

Archived