Do grand suites vary in size on same ship?

Hi

I am looking at independence. The deck plans suggest that some grand suites look larger than others. Is it just an optical illusion? I asked the rc booking rep but she only had the standard size for a grand suite. If they do vary is it just a tiny difference in size?

Thanks

Hi

I am looking at independence. The deck plans suggest that some grand suites look larger than others. Is it just an optical illusion? I asked the rc booking rep but she only had the standard size for a grand suite. If they do vary is it just a tiny difference in size?

Thanks

Funny - I asked the exact same question a few weeks back. Folks say it's just an optical illusion and that they're all the same size.

All of the rooms are "pre-fab" and slid into place....the deck plans are NOT "to scale"...they try to fit everything into the little picture of the ship....

On the deck plan in the brochure, they all look the same, to me!

All of the rooms are "pre-fab" and slid into place....the deck plans are NOT "to scale"...they try to fit everything into the little picture of the ship....

On the deck plan in the brochure, they all look the same, to me!

Actually all of the rooms are not pre-fab. The larger suites are built on site.

The GS that are in the aft corner ( #1600 Radiance class for example) are the only ones that are a bit different in layout...Love the bathroom and all the space the GS gives you...Enjoy :)

Thanks for that.

I am sitting here in the city inn Westminster ( a hotel sometimes enquired about on this board) trying to size up agrand suite in relation to a hotel room. Some of the gs look much bigger than others one the plans.

Has anyone ever stayed in one and peeked into the others to compare?

Yes, there are sometimes differences, but not huge differences. It doesn't make any real difference to your comfort.

In any case, all grand suites are quite spacious. You will love them.

BTW, I know this because my Mom and I have cruised in separate grand suites on the same cruise so we were able to compare at leisure.

Dorie:)

The GS that are in the aft corner ( #1600 Radiance class for example) are the only ones that are a bit different in layout...Love the bathroom and all the space the GS gives you...Enjoy :)

The hump GS cabins also are different from the standard cabin, too - they have less room between the bar and the closet area. I don't know about Independence, though.

Archived