Should Aft Wraps Receive Priority Boarding Perc?

keishashadow

Not sure how the pricing compares on majority of sailings, yet the aft wraps were more expensive than the suites a few weeks ago on my Destiny sailing w/military rate. Currently, w/ES a suite is only $10 more pp.

Just wondering if anybody else thinks the wraps should also receive the priority boarding perc, based upon both the limited number of cabins and relatively equal price consideration.:confused:

How much of a time difference is there between priority boarding and regular boarding?

It seems to me that getting to the port early usually ensures a pretty rapid boarding experience. I have only cruised 3 times, but the times when I got to the port early, I got on pretty quickly.

Not sure how the pricing compares on majority of sailings, yet the aft wraps were more expensive than the suites a few weeks ago on my Destiny sailing w/military rate. Currently, w/ES a suite is only $10 more pp.

Just wondering if anybody else thinks the wraps should also receive the priority boarding perc, based upon both the limited number of cabins and relatively equal price consideration.:confused:

You do realize that at some point, it's going to stop being a perk and the line will be just as long as regular, right? ;)

Personally, I don't care. I just find it funny that all these people are dying to get on the ship so they can do what, exactly? Eat the Lido buffet? Wander around with their carryons? Rush, rush, rush, for what exactly? :p

I can understand it to a degree. There is an excitment for me to get on and see what everything looks like. I have only been on a few ships, so each time I cruise in the future, i hope to try a new type of ship.

For the cruise veterans, I am sure they enjoy getting on the ship and starting the familiar, enjoyable routines of starting a cruise.

they are not always equal in terms of price. We have an aft wrap on the Dream and it was only $729pp. FAR less than the price of a suite. Just get to 10 cruises and then you'll be VIP no matter what cabin you have, that's our stand.

they are not always equal in terms of price. We have an aft wrap on the Dream and it was only $729pp. FAR less than the price of a suite. Just get to 10 cruises and then you'll be VIP no matter what cabin you have, that's our stand.

ok, i was wondering if my price experience was a fluke or not

some day i'll be a contender/VIP:)

I'm never in the 1st rush of folks boarding;) prefer to wait until mid afternoon to avoid the zoo. I try to time eating lunch on lido deck after the cabins have been opened & the table squatters have vacated.

This trip, according to the port thread, the only way to have a decent chance of renting a cabana @ HMCay is to be one of the earliest aboard & stake out a place in line @ excursions desk which i believe opens @ noon:confused: my sole reason for wanting to be aboard bright & early

ok, i was wondering if my price experience was a fluke or not

some day i'll be a contender/VIP:)

I'm never in the 1st rush of folks boarding;) prefer to wait until mid afternoon to avoid the zoo. I try to time eating lunch on lido deck after the cabins have been opened & the table squatters have vacated.

This trip, according to the port thread, the only way to have a decent chance of renting a cabana @ HMCay is to be one of the earliest aboard & stake out a place in line @ excursions desk which i believe opens @ noon:confused: my sole reason for wanting to be aboard bright & early

Keishadown,

Is your sail date correct on your Destiny:confused:

mel

We spent a lot of money to become platinum and qualify for the perks. Do not think that Carnival should cheapen it.

I have platinum status with Loews hotels and certainly enjoy my percs based upon myself being a loyal customer, so i appreciate how you would feel if somebody would just come along & be granted the same 'goodies'.

Yet a 1st timer in a suite does qualify for early boarding perc. If the wraps cost less or even in same ballpark typically (which im not sure that they do based upon earlier post here), wherein is the harm for an additional 8 or so cabins to be granted the same accommodation?

.....wraps on the Miracle are listed as VS and wraps on the Freedom are listed as 9C. Haven't been on a Conquest class ship yet so I don't know why it is like that from first hand knowledge.

:confused:

wasiii

Keishadown,

Is your sail date correct on your Destiny:confused:

mel

no, i set the date on my ticker as when we arrive @ the Loews (platinum upgrade to an OF suite woo-hoo!) in Miami (6/26) for a 2 night pre-stay...

she sails on 6/28:)

I have a 9C wrap on the Triumph on the 29th and I paid $899 PP (went as high as $1024 PP before they sold out). The former cat 11 suites were only $20 more PP. I think they should be added to VIP based on the fact that Carnival now puts them in the same price range. However to be honest Carnival VIP is really meaningless.

You do realize that at some point, it's going to stop being a perk and the line will be just as long as regular, right? ;)

Personally, I don't care. I just find it funny that all these people are dying to get on the ship so they can do what, exactly? Eat the Lido buffet? Wander around with their carryons? Rush, rush, rush, for what exactly? :p

Some people have long journey before they board. They just want to be on the ship. I fully understand.

All VIP boarding means is that you get on before the rest of the non-VIP who were there before you IFF (if and ONLY if) you are there when inital boarding begins.). If you are VIP and you don't arrive till 2, anyone (VIP or not) who was there at 12 is on the ship already. If you want to be first on to get a cabana for HMC, you need to get there early regardless of your boarding status. We just went thru this exact situation on the Pride. We were VIP but we still went early because 16 non-VIPers ahead of us could have gotten all the cabanas.

If you want the VIP perks earn them like everyone else has to do. Take a few more Carnival cruises or book a suite. Two more Carnival cruises and I will have "earned" the right to be VIP.

They DO have priority boarding IF you're Platinum! Since I is, that's good nuff for me!!:p

If you want the VIP perks earn them like everyone else has to do. Take a few more Carnival cruises or book a suite. Two more Carnival cruises and I will have "earned" the right to be VIP.

congrats on your soon to be achieved status:)

i could've booked a suite & earned the early boarding perc (for less money than i originally paid for the aft wrap), it's all about the balcony/view for me or i'd have stayed in my cabin on the lido deck

jmho if paying basic same amount of $ for an aft wrap vs a suite, receiving the same 'one time' early boarding perc doesn't seem to be unrealistic for the few cabins involved.

based upon reports ive read here how quickly the aft wraps sell out, don't see why CCL hasn't wised up & already changed the category & price of the wraps to 'suite' comparable:confused:

We spent a lot of money to become platinum and qualify for the perks. Do not think that Carnival should cheapen it.

but a first time cruisers could book a suite and get priority boarding.

I guess her question should have been, should the aft wraps be considered suites.

Nope!

Some people have long journey before they board. They just want to be on the ship. I fully understand.

Like I said, board the ship and do what? I get the whole cabana at HMC thing, but after rushing to get to the terminal early at various ports and spending that time playing the hurry-up-and-wait game ... sorry, not worth it to me.

IF, and I'm saying if, as in hypothetical...

If you could sell your VIP status to a lowly commoner on your ship, how much do you think it's monetarily worth? 10 dollars, 500 dollars?

OP- I always wondered why aft wraps were not considered a suite. Sure, let the aft wraps become VIP, and then we'll have to start a thread for aft balcony people who will now want VIP as well... and so on and so on...

but a first time cruisers could book a suite and get priority boarding.

I guess her question should have been, should the aft wraps be considered suites.

No, as they don't fit the definition of a suite. They are a cabin with an extended balcony. It's also a nice little anomoly for those "in-the-know" about Carnival. Why spoil it?

I have platinum status with Loews hotels and certainly enjoy my percs based upon myself being a loyal customer, so i appreciate how you would feel if somebody would just come along & be granted the same 'goodies'.

Yet a 1st timer in a suite does qualify for early boarding perc. If the wraps cost less or even in same ballpark typically (which im not sure that they do based upon earlier post here), wherein is the harm for an additional 8 or so cabins to be granted the same accommodation?

Today they add a few more balconys and tomorrow add something else.

I do not think perks for being a loyal customer should be devalued IMHO.

Like I said, board the ship and do what? I get the whole cabana at HMC thing, but after rushing to get to the terminal early at various ports and spending that time playing the hurry-up-and-wait game ... sorry, not worth it to me.

High anxiety can take over in some people. I am very anxious on boarding day, so to get to the port at 10:30 and be peacefully enjoying lunch at noon (even if I have to set my carry on bag down on the ground next to me) is a comfort. I'd rather do that than twiddle my thumbs in the hotel lobby after a checkout time of 11 where I'd be sitting with ALL of my luggage and dining on a granola bar from the vending machine.

:)

Archived