bringing liquor onboard

From another thread:

Just returned from Liberty. Yes, I am a smuggler and have been successful on 9 previous cruises, however, they confiscated all of it in two seperate bags this time. You are not allowed to order any hard liquor to your room. You can order buckets of beer (6 for 29.99) or bottles of wine. The cheapest bottle of wine is 35.00

I know the OP doesn't have enough time but for anyone else reading that's not familiar with RCCL Gifts and Gear. You can pre-order wine through the RCCL Gifts and Gear program. You decide if you want the wine delivered to your cabin or to your dining table. If you choose to have it delivered to your cabin then it will be there waiting for you when you arrive. Last I checked the bottles start at about $26/each and no gratuity is added. Check the RCCL website for the complete wine list and all the details.

be aware..... spring break and every bag is double checked

I wonder if RCCL does a little "profiling" when it comes to luggage checks. I'm sure they screen every bag but do you think they look a little closer at those bags that belong to 20 something passengers??

When we went on Majesty in December (clearly not Spring Break), he had a 6pack of beer in his carryon--I didn't know this until he proudly pulled it out of his bag in the cabin.

My point is, he got it thru no problem. I don't know if they just don't have the time to take beer/liquor/liquids out of people's bags or what. But yes, it's been done. According to the contract, they can deny your right to board, but seems that if people get it taken away, it's just taken for the week. Do what you will...and enjoy Majesty!

It appeares that the OP is fairly new here.

OP has been a member here for over 3 years. To me, that's not new. But she doesn't post often, so it appears as though she is new. :)

But seriously - the Search does work and even at that, there are alcohol threads on every single page.

Thank you for the replies. I am not new to the board but it has been awhile since I posted. Didn't realize it was spring break till we landed and I am far from being in my 20s. Happy cruising :)

You too, have a great trip !!

I wonder if RCCL does a little "profiling" when it comes to luggage checks. I'm sure they screen every bag but do you think they look a little closer at those bags that belong to 20 something passengers??
They can tell the age of the bag based on wrinkles .... or laugh lines !!! :D :)

Luggage Profiling ??? Really ??? :D

Archived