Help with Canaletto

fpat

Hi

Could someone tell me where to go and make reservations for Canaletto at the time you get on the ship? I will be on the Noordam and I understand that it is part of the Lido that is changed at night but is there somone there taking reservations or do you need to call someone or can you make them at the Pinnicle? I will be in a SA cabin so could I make the reservation in the Lounge?

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the info We have a CC group of about 40 and we were going to try and have dinner the last night together do you know how many they seat for dinner on the Noordam?

Thanks for the info We have a CC group of about 40 and we were going to try and have dinner the last night together do you know how many they seat for dinner on the Noordam?

I doubt if you will be able to get reservations for a group that large on the last night of the cruise when that night on the Noordam is also the night of the Master Chef's Dinner.

I doubt if you will be able to get reservations for a group that large on the last night of the cruise when that night on the Noordam is also the night of the Master Chef's Dinner.

I know thats why we all want to go to Canaletto:D:D:D

On the Noordam I think the total capacity of the Canaletto is around 40! Maybe 50. Go see you Neptune concierge ASAP once you board. Or call extension 88.

Thanks I will, I also e-mailed the ship coordinator so we will see what happens, thanks all for the help

I know thats why we all want to go to Canaletto:D:D:D

Your group and everyone else. :D We HATE the MCD and avoid it at all costs. We've started doing our extra tipping in the dining room on the second-to-last night because we hate it so much. Hope it works out with the ship coordinator for you. :)

What is this Restaurant, and how much would it cost, and how does it compare to the other upscale restaurants on this ship?
It costs nothing extra. It is a section of the Lido that has Italian-themed decor and dinner menu. (At lunch time it is just used as Lido tables.) It is a step up from the Lido for dinner, but not as nice (IMO) as the MDR.

Just returned from the "O" today...............what a fantastic cruise even though it was PACKED...............I just want to say I learned about Canaletto on the CC boards and, having 79 HAL days of cruising, our dinner there was the WORST dinner I've ever had on a HAL ship. I won't go into it here because I reported it to the people who can take charge but our table and the one next to us both entered at the same time (5:30) and when they received their desserts..............we still didn't have our entrees.

Only four tables had diners; they were NOT busy. The servers were just standing around talking.

The appetizers were fantastic..............that's about it.

They say "gelato" for dessert..................the fruit flavors are sorbet, not gelato and the vanilla one is vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy the MDR...........it's much better and the service is spot on.

They just don't seem to be able to handle the "new idea.":confused:

Just returned from the "O" today...............what a fantastic cruise even though it was PACKED...............I just want to say I learned about Canaletto on the CC boards and, having 79 HAL days of cruising, our dinner there was the WORST dinner I've ever had on a HAL ship. I won't go into it here because I reported it to the people who can take charge but our table and the one next to us both entered at the same time (5:30) and when they received their desserts..............we still didn't have our entrees.

Only four tables had diners; they were NOT busy. The servers were just standing around talking.

They say "gelato" for dessert..................the fruit flavors are sorbet, not gelato and the vanilla one is vanilla ice cream.

Good to know. I was thinking I might give it a try on my cruise in April. Sounds like something I might want to miss.

Good to know. I was thinking I might give it a try on my cruise in April. Sounds like something I might want to miss.
We tried it once on the Noordam, and it was fine as a change of pace from the dining room. Service was great, and food was good. We didn't try the gelato, though. We'll definitely go back on our next cruise in Sep.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

We tried it once on the Noordam, and it was fine as a change of pace from the dining room. Service was great, and food was good. We didn't try the gelato, though. We'll definitely go back on our next cruise in Sep.

We plan on trying it for at least one dinner during our upcoming Alaska cruise on Amsterdam. My husband loves pasta of any sort and I want to try the one with vodka that so many people recommend. We also want to try one of the wines there since we understand they're different from MDR.

I at at Canaletto on the Oosterdam on Friday 3/19 at 6:30 p.m. and I did not have any problems with service but there were some problems with the wine steward disappearing (I had to wait to sign for my soft drink and a couple near me waited for wine a long time - do not know where he went). I do agree that the items advertised as "gelato" are really just sorbet. After reading so many great raves about the Penne alla Vodka I ordered that however it was a little too spicy to my liking so that should be noted on the menu (maybe it was and I didn't see it). I would try it again and there were several there who had eaten there more than once. I liked the cotton candy at the end of the meal.

Archived