Carnival better be careful with their prices

Celebrity

That one is more expensive. 2 others on the Millenium (ends in LA) and the Mercury (ends in San diego) (14 and 16 nights) the OV are $999 which comes to $1260 pp, Plus $150 OBC on both sailings. The Millenium ship is many steps above the Elation as well IMO.

Have a nice cruise

I obviously stopped looking too quickly. You are right...that is a better price and the OBC, an added bonus. I do have OBC on this sailing but it is only because I applied a FCC and got shareholders.

:D We booked over a year out. Got a great rate and with the way the sailings are selling out, our cabin cat now has doubled. Once the Allure comes out the prices will drop again. Those who doubt the wow factor should check out some of the reviews on the RC boards. As far as paying extra for anything , that is up to you. There are so many free dining options, we wont be looking to pay extra for food. The shows are supposed to be fabulous and all the activities, flow rider, etc are free. Almost all the reviews are positive so we are really excited. :D

Have a great time. We did Oasis last month and it is an amazing ship. Ignore all the bashers. You are going to be "wow"ed at every turn. The shows are absolutly incredible so don't miss any of them. "Come Fly With Me" is miles above anything else I have ever seen at sea. The ships design was well thought out and there are many fantastic details big and small to enjoy. This was my second RCL cruise and I have cruised Carnival 7 times now (with four more CCL cruises booked). I am just stating this because it is obviouse that I am a big fan of Carnival as well.

Just scouting around and was considering the Elation 15 day transcanal cruise but the prices were never reasonable IMO. RCCL and Celebrity have 15 -16 day transcanal cruises in april for $400 LESS PP than CCL. Also MANY RCCL and Celebrity Caribean cruises available for a boatload less cash. I am milestone on CCL do to the previous value they afforded us for the almighty dollar but from what I am seeing price wise that is going to change very quickly.

How are you checking the prices on this cruise it's been sold out for over a month?....I think you are spoofin someone..I got an inside for $879 pp but I booked several months ago....... Dennis

prices going up on all lines. just was looking at ncl and effective April 2nd theirs are too. and if you go outside of their mdr and buffet they charge. even the sushi (friend loves that) and their gratuities are 2. more a day than carnival. tho its called daily surcharges verses the word gratuity. havent gotten that far on rcl

I hope to have Oasis booked by this time tomorrow, the rest of errands can just wait until its booked ... then Ill go back out and do what I have to do.

I hope its worth flying to Florida ... I cant wait to see Oasis for myself and decide.

I hope to have Oasis booked by this time tomorrow, the rest of errands can just wait until its booked ... then Ill go back out and do what I have to do.

I hope its worth flying to Florida ... I cant wait to see Oasis for myself and decide.

Fire, when are you planning to go on the Oasis?

Trust me, it's impressive seeing it docked next to other cruises. Wish you could see people in Ft. lauderdale watching the Oasis sail away... you can hear the WOW'sssssss.... eyes wide open and mouths dropping.... ummm... some may even use a tissue:D

Check out Radio's live thread... he got the best pictures ever

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1156557

Oasis next year. I had it booked for late last year? But cancelled as it was close to Crazies, but saving time next year ... Crazies Three can go without me. I looked back at the price for the date I had booked and was shocked how much the price had gone up. Prices wouldnt have increased that much if the ship wasnt booking up.

Iv done Voyager twice and thought she was beautiful.

Oasis next year. I had it booked for late last year? But cancelled as it was close to Crazies, but saving time next year ... Crazies Three can go without me. I looked back at the price for the date I had booked and was shocked how much the price had gone up. Prices wouldnt have increased that much if the ship wasnt booking up.

That's awesome. Is there anything more dumb than being a lap dog for one specific cruiseline? :D

How are you checking the prices on this cruise it's been sold out for over a month?....I think you are spoofin someone..I got an inside for $879 pp but I booked several months ago....... Dennis

As I stated in an earlier post the lowest I saw this cruise was at $879 plus taxes after watching it for a long time. Celebrity is offering 2 sailings right now at $699 on the Millenium and $799 on the Mercury BOTH with $150 OBC, both sailing in April. Not spoofin anyone, look it up for yourself. BTW the Elation is NOT sold out currently.

I sailed on her February 20th and had booked it last June. By the time my catagory was sold out it had gone up about $1,000 total. It is just a completely diferent cruise experience. It isn't necessarly the way I want to cruise from now on, but it is something to see.

You don't eat after 9pm but do splurge at Midnight buffets? Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

I don't hate RCCL. I feel sorry for such a mismanaged company.

I've tried other cruise lines, even when they weren't the lowest price. I keep coming back to the best. I think everyone should try other lines.

Carnival doesn't need to change anything, including their pricing. They have a winning formula, both with customers and stock holders. What they really better not do is imitate a loser business model such as the one RCCL has.

Very good points. We're booked on the Liberty next year and we both really wanted to do another RCI cruise. We spent many hours looking at their cruises and finally came away with the disappointing feeling that (A)the 7 day itineraries suck for the most part and (B) We can't afford RCI anymore.

We got a balcony on the Liberty for $1700. We couldn't come anywhere near that on RCI. Heck, the Oasis and Allure inside cabins were like $2500 and you only get 3 stops so they can really squeeze the nickels and dimes out of you. When I look back to a few years ago I wonder what happened to all those great Eastern and Western itineraries. The 8 day on the Radiance or Jewel with 5 stops. What a great itinerary. Now RCI is just plain nuts.

I was shocked this morning....we sail in 3 weeks on the Liberty and we paid $679 for a balcony ( $649 after our $30 OBC ).....and today that balcony is $919....I almost fell out of my chair. This is a Western cruise that is NEVER more than $699...and often much much lower. What in the world are they thinking ?????

Im wondering if they are upping prices for fuel, thats all I can think of.

I just want to see Oasis once so I can say I did it. I dont know if I will love her or think its just too big with all the walking.

Someone posted all the Carnival prices for Alaska are now over $1000 pp, I dont know, but a couple of weeks ago I could have done HAL for $499 round trip from Seattle or one way for $449. My PVP says Ill hate HAL, too many old people, but I cant see paying so much extra for Carnival.

Im wondering if they are upping prices for fuel, thats all I can think of.

I just want to see Oasis once so I can say I did it. I dont know if I will love her or think its just too big with all the walking.

Someone posted all the Carnival prices for Alaska are now over $1000 pp, I dont know, but a couple of weeks ago I could have done HAL for $499 round trip from Seattle or one way for $449. My PVP says Ill hate HAL, too many old people, but I cant see paying so much extra for Carnival.

I've been dying to do one of the Eastern itineraries on Holland (their itineraries are great), but I'm also scared about the ship/elderly crowd. Prices with HAL are right, but I wonder what kind of activites they offer, and if I would be dissapointed with their ships..... :confused:?????

Archived