4 Ladies in a Cabin

Sauer-kraut

Go to the cruiseline's website, find the SIZE of their cabins...............tape it out on your floor at home..............put in the bathroom size and the closets with tape as well. Now, imagine being in there..............trying to get around three others to get TO the bathroom...............will you have a sign-up sheet for USING the bathroom? Imagine four women trying to get ready for a nice dinner...................

now, imagine four women in TWO cabins.

I must be really weird.........several years ago I sailed in a Deluxe Verandah Suite with my daughter and two really good friends. We were rarely all in the cabin at the same time, and I always got up early and was dressed and out while everyone was sleeping. Two of us showered at night, the other two showered in the morning.

We all thought it was great, and we had the huge balcony,too. I just don't let stuff like that bother me, I guess! ;)

I must be really weird.........several years ago I sailed in a Deluxe Verandah Suite with my daughter and two really good friends. We were rarely all in the cabin at the same time, and I always got up early and was dressed and out while everyone was sleeping. Two of us showered at night, the other two showered in the morning.

We all thought it was great, and we had the huge balcony,too. I just don't let stuff like that bother me, I guess! ;)

I think the OP is talking about a small room like and inside or an oceanview. I think the Deluxe Veranda would be quite a bit bigger so it would be different.

Sometimes HAL offers $99 for the third and fourth person in the cabin. A price you cannot beat. The trade off..you will be very crowded. So if you are willing to sacrifice comfort for money go for it but keep in mind, unless you are getting a large suite there will not be much room. We had three in a balcony and it was "cozy".

What 50 year old woman wants to climb a ladder to get into bed. If not pullman than the extra bed will be a pull out sofa that 2 will have to use together.

It's not the getting up into the upper it's the getting down that's always the problem.:eek::p

VOE

I think the OP is talking about a small room like and inside or an oceanview. I think the Deluxe Veranda would be quite a bit bigger so it would be different.

Yes basically I was thinking an inside. But only because the two birthday girls might be picking up the tabs for the other two. (I really try to keep the moths in my wallet fairly happy with something on which to munch.) I like the verandah idea though, I've never cruised with a balcony before.

As to the upper berth, one of us is really small and limber so she'd be conscripted to that one whether she wanted it or not! :D

I still have a while to talk things out, I won't be able to bid on my vacation days until December for 2011 anyways, perhaps the cruise I'm thinking of will be booked up anyways and I've been worrying for nothing! :p

Again, thanks for ALL the input you've all be great at offering your opinions and I value every one.

Whether the four of you will be able to get along in one cabin may depend on how you live at home.

I live alone, and have only shared cabin space on a cruise twice. I got along because I made a huge effort to do so. However, I have vowed never to room with anyone else again, unless it's in a suite. That's nothing against my roommates - just that I am used to having privacy, space and a dry bathroom.

My 2 cents worth-adjoining cabins or if HAL has the 3rd/4th passenger deals get a deluxe verandah so you have the extra room, bathroom with a change area and then a nice time sheet when everyone can use it!! haha...:confused: Plus, if you could use the Neptune lounge that would be even better !:)

Whether the four of you will be able to get along in one cabin may depend on how you live at home.

I live alone, and have only shared cabin space on a cruise twice. I got along because I made a huge effort to do so. However, I have vowed never to room with anyone else again, unless it's in a suite. That's nothing against my roommates - just that I am used to having privacy, space and a dry bathroom.

You bring up a good point. Personalities play a big role in traveling together. Hubby and I live alone in a house with 3 bathrooms so I never have to wait. We can work around each other fairly well when we do only have 1 bathroom. Also, neither of us are morning people so we're both really quiet until we've been up for at least an hour. Whichever one of us gets up first will usually read or do something quiet until the other wakes up.

My mom likes noise in the morning so she turns the TV on first thing when she gets up, whether anyone else is still alseep or not. My sis can sleep through a train running by the bed so it doesn't bother her. She is a morning person and wakes up talking. A ladies' vacation every couple of years is enough for me. The rest of the time, I'm happier traveling with hubby.

Well all my worrying and wondering has been sated. Thanks to everyone who posted you all gave great advice, but now it seems that plans have changed completely and we'll be making a land pilgrimage to a resort on Gran Canaria for the birthday celebrations. It makes it easier for the Germans as there are direct flights from Hannover to the island, some extended family members can take a quick ferry trip and meet up with us for a party and none of us have ever been there before. It should prove to be fun, and now I'll have to switch and go over to Trip Advisor to see what hotel we should book. Thanks All!! (I still would love to introduce my host-sister to the wonderful world of cruising though!) :D

Archived