Back to Back Lunch

I have heard that some people were offered a special lunch on the in-between day on their back to back. I was wondering if anyone who has had this experience can tell be about it. I have heard some had lunch in one of the speciality restaurants, and others in the MDR. I am most interested in those who have sailed B2B on the Serenade, as that is the ship I will be on, but other ship information would be helpful as well.

I have heard that some people were offered a special lunch on the in-between day on their back to back. I was wondering if anyone who has had this experience can tell be about it. I have heard some had lunch in one of the speciality restaurants, and others in the MDR. I am most interested in those who have sailed B2B on the Serenade, as that is the ship I will be on, but other ship information would be helpful as well.

We are doing a consecutive cruise beginning 4/10. I will let you know when we get back about the lunch.

I think it depends on how many consecutive cruisers there are as to if and where a luncheon will be held.

We were on RAD in Jan. B2B and yes there was a special lunch in the main dinning room for all of us. very nice with wine and a special menu. If there is a small number it is hosted in Portofinos. That is what the RAD is currently doing. We had about 150 B2B and the specialty restaurants only hold appox 80.

We did B2B in Jan on Navigator. There were many of us (over 100) and they had the luncheon in the MDR, with a special menu. 3 main entrees to choose from, and dessert was apple pie a la mode. It was nice to not have to fight all the newcomers in the windjammer.

Our last B2B was on the Mariner in November, 2009. There were probably about 20 of us, the "special" lunch in the MDR was really nothing special. While we thought the food on our cruise was very good, this lunch was the only meal we had that was rather lackluster. I found myself missing the WJ.

There was no wine offered, but as we were leaving, we noticed several bottles of wine sitting at the serving station so wondered if the waiters forgot?

Sherri:)

Can you tell me where this was held and what was on the menu?

Lunch was in the main dining room. I can only remember a few items available. Main dish Chicken Picatta and a Strip steak and another entree. Soup, Salad and appetizers which I can't recall. Dessert was apple pie and a Creme brulee banana coconut. The food was well prepared and we never had a bad meal in 14 days. Just got tired of food after 7 days and slowed way down!!

Lunch was in the main dining room. I can only remember a few items available. Main dish Chicken Picatta and a Strip steak and another entree. Soup, Salad and appetizers which I can't recall. Dessert was apple pie and a Creme brulee banana coconut. The food was well prepared and we never had a bad meal in 14 days. Just got tired of food after 7 days and slowed way down!!

Thanks for the information. I am looking forward to whatever they happen to offer for lunch.

We had one in the main dining room on the Navigator back in January. I think the three choices on the menu were salmon, prime rib, and a pasta with Italian sausage (very yummy). Dessert was apple pie. Can't remember what the apps were.

I will be doing my first b2b in April on the Majesty...will be interesting to see if we get a special lunch...but even if we don't I'm still excited!:D

Karen-I have done a b2b on the SS(as you know) and the MN.....no lunches on those ships......:(

They offered the B2B lunch on Serenade, in the MDR, with a special menu.

They announce this at the Consecutive Cruisers get together they have on Friday. We were not able to take advantage of it as we were meeting friends just arriving in San Juan that day.

The other special they offered which was really popular was the 2 dine for the price of 1 at either Portofinos or Chops on Day 1 only of the 2nd week. That's a great perk.

For those of you that have done the B2B on the Serenade recently.......how does that work? Do you have to get off the ship?

We didn't have to get off, but evidently that changes depending on Customs clearance in San Juan. The week before us they had to get off, we didn't, go figure. If you want to get off, you can once you get your new sea pass card, but can't return before 11:00 AM.

We didn't have to get off, but evidently that changes depending on Customs clearance in San Juan. The week before us they had to get off, we didn't, go figure. If you want to get off, you can once you get your new sea pass card, but can't return before 11:00 AM.

So how did you know what to do? How did you get your new sea pass card, etc.? Who contacted you for all the info that you needed?

Archived