some insurance questions

poss

Our final payment is due this week, and I've got a couple of questions.

1. Do people tend to get insurance at time of final payment or wait until closer to cruise time? (pre-existing not relevant here)

2. Do you book with your TA or directly with insurance company?(reasons?)

3. Has anyone NOT had good service from CSA? (We're leaning towards that company.) Do you get CSA Custom or CSA Custom Plus?

Any input on other considerations I might not be thinking of are greatly appreciated.

If pre-existing is not an issue, then final payment is fine, that is when you start the cruiseline penalties for cancelling.

I book through an insurance agent site. CSA is considered very good, although I have heard they don't refund the tax portion and say instead that the cruiseline is supposed to refund that portion of the fare.

I chose the equivalent of the Custom plan, but with pre-existing condition waivers; it covered what we needed.

I use insuremytrip.com and price shop a bit.. Don't get until close to final payment and look for medical evac .. depending on itinerary may settle for less but usually want at least, at a minimum $50,000. I have used CSA, Travelguard successfully in the past.

My Husband and I just today bought travel insurance, thanks to all the C.C. members that recommended getting it. We went thru insuremytrip.com and spent hours studying all the various policies. Our cruise isn't until September, and the final payment isn't due until June, but since we have already paid for the air in full, we decided it best to go ahead and get insurance now. We are flying out of Denver, Colorado and our cruise leaves from Fremantle, Australia. I can hardly wait until September!

Archived