Giving Teens own room

Hello: We are sailing on GOS on April 3. We are traveling with 3 senior girls ages 17 & 18. To book the cruise we needed to book the girls in with my husband and I (and younger daughter) in two separate cabins.

Once we get on board we plan to put the three senior girls in their own cabin. We have absolutely no worries about behavior, etc. Will the cruise ship allow us to change and thus give the girls the keys to their "now correct" cabin?

Once we get on board we plan to put the three senior girls in their own cabin. We have absolutely no worries about behavior, etc. Will the cruise ship allow us to change and thus give the girls the keys to their "now correct" cabin?

It has been my experience that they will give you copies of any room keys that you want, but they don't switch people.

This seems to be a common misconception. There does not need to be an adult in each room as long as they are close to each other. We do this all the time, DH and I in a balcony, kids (now 14 & 19) in an inside across the hall. Booking this way its all done, no need to switch keys, etc.

Of course, we get extra keys so we get into their cabin when we need/want to and they can get into ours. You don't need to do this right on boarding though so you can wait for the GR desk to calm down a bit.

Call RCI and have them switched now to the way you want it to be as long as the cabins are in close proximity.

The last two cruises on the Liberty, both of my boys had their own cabin. The first time, they were 15 and 12. In 2009, they were 17 and 14. All of our paperwork from the get go, they were in their own cabin. This has never been an issue at all for us.

Archived