Passport Cases

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a pouch if you will for lack of better terms or something that will go around my neck to fit 5 passports with credit cards and money in it so that i do even have to worry about bring my purse around everywhere with me. (that gets annoying) I am planning another cruise soon and really need something that i can get to very easily. and so anyone know if i will have to have anything beside a valid passport for my 3 children?

I carry a backpack or a fanny pack to avoid carrying a purse. The back pack I have has a water bag in it so I can bring fresh water from the ship. You don't need any other documentation for your kids unless you are divorced/seperated from thier father, then you would need a letter or something saying you are allowed to take them out of the country.

There dad I am divorced from and I have been for years but I have no idea where he is I have complete and soul custody over both my girls. So how am I going to accomplish that. I was told that I could get passports by showing divorce papers to prove i have the sould custody over them but I wasnt sure about this. Last year when I took them they didnt ask for anything but there picture id's , the girls are 8, 12, 15 and i showed birth certificates but rules change so often i just dont wanna get stuck

We got one from Lands End. After one trip, with two passports, credit cards, etc. I was ready to throw it away. It was too heavy around my neck

Well i never thought about it being too heavy but that is a good point ...... so what do you use now??? I dont want to use a fanny pack or a backpack i dont really carry those sort of items

There dad I am divorced from and I have been for years but I have no idea where he is I have complete and soul custody over both my girls. So how am I going to accomplish that. I was told that I could get passports by showing divorce papers to prove i have the sould custody over them but I wasnt sure about this. Last year when I took them they didnt ask for anything but there picture id's , the girls are 8, 12, 15 and i showed birth certificates but rules change so often i just dont wanna get stuck

I would for sure get some kind of documentation even if you have papers saying you have full custody. I am not very familiar with the rules etc, there are threads that deal with this. I know if you can't find thier dad, you can get a judge to sign papers saying it is okay. You do want to make sure you have all the bases covered. I think you can get a passport w/o permission but actually taking them out of the country is a different story.

We got one from Lands End. After one trip, with two passports, credit cards, etc. I was ready to throw it away. It was too heavy around my neck

Vera Bradly has some great wallets that are great to have, and no they arent the size of a regular wallet there is a place for everything, yet it doesnt take up much room !!

Have a fun cruise!

US passports 10 yrs. ago worth that on black market. Keep them in your money beltwhen in transit. Too easy to cut off your neck. You do not need them on land. Keep in your ship board safe/hotel safe .

I love my one that hangs around my neck...........it's easy at the Airport, too. If going ashore with it, I just stick it down inside my shirt.

Re: verification for your "kids"............what you must have vaires with the itinerary. We just took our GS on a cruise and only needed a certified BC and a notarized letter of consent from parents.................but, what do you do when you can't find that parent to sign? Let us know if you come up with a solution.:cool:

My last cruise I used a wrist wallet. It held cabin card,credit card, $$, could even get my small cell phone in. It zips closed so nothing falls out and just looks like a wrist band. Got it from "Solutions" online catalogue. It left my hands free which is good as sometimes I have to use a cane.

US passports 10 yrs. ago worth that on black market. Keep them in your money beltwhen in transit. Too easy to cut off your neck.

And too easy to be strangled with. US Passports are now worth up to $40,000 in some parts of the world. Americans and Brits are being targeted for their passports in a lot of places. The tighter we make security, the more valuable they become-especially those without the RFID tags.

You should not need your passports almost anyplace except to get on an international flight or to get on the ship. Put them away in your cabin safe and leave them there unless you are absolutely REQUIRED to have them with you.

I use a cross body bag that has a great "pouch" right in the front inside. Nice little net pocket with room for passports and other miscellaneous stuff. It has been literally around the world about 3 times. Never a problem accessing things I need or keeping things safe. I stick ONE credit card in my shoe along with a $100 bill in the other shoe. Small money in my front pants pockets. I am good to go anyplace.

And too easy to be strangled with. US Passports are now worth up to $40,000 in some parts of the world. Americans and Brits are being targeted for their passports in a lot of places. The tighter we make security, the more valuable they become-especially those without the RFID tags.

You should not need your passports almost anyplace except to get on an international flight or to get on the ship. Put them away in your cabin safe and leave them there unless you are absolutely REQUIRED to have them with you.

I use a cross body bag that has a great "pouch" right in the front inside. Room for passport and other miscellaneous stuff. It has been literally around the world about 3 times. Never a problem accessing things I need or keeping things safe. I stick ONE credit card in my shoe along with a $100 bill in the other shoe. Small money in my front pants pockets. I am good to go anyplace.

I have a vera bradley hipster so I think I will just bring that, that way it will hold all of our passports and money and my cell phone and I can keep it very close to me:D

Archived