A very quick drink question

Is it okay to bring a few bottles of alcohol onboard (for a transatlantic) and have the staff store it until the end of the trip? I don't intend to drink it on the ship, so let's not start with that one.

Just some comfirmation/information on this would be great.

Is it okay to bring a few bottles of alcohol onboard (for a transatlantic) and have the staff store it until the end of the trip? I don't intend to drink it on the ship, so let's not start with that one.

Just some comfirmation/information on this would be great.

you could always blatantly get caught with it :D pretty sure they give back confiscated liquor AFTER the cruise is over.:p

ok Im just kidding!

somebody will get their panties in a wad over my feable attempt at being funny just as sure as Im sitting typing this LOL

you could always blatantly get caught with it :D pretty sure they give back confiscated liquor AFTER the cruise is over.:p

ok Im just kidding!

somebody will get their panties in a wad over my feable attempt at being funny just as sure as Im sitting typing this LOL

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST SUCH A THING!

wad.jpg

ok Im just kidding!

I did consider that option! I've read about people being dragged to the 'naughty room', which wouldn't be the end of the world to me. I just wondered if it could be done legitimately to avoid delays with luggage getting to rooms, etc?!

As noted in a similar post yesterday - directly from RCCL's website -

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000mSSuPZeKNEIHVnrzd_CaWpF:12hdhubrs?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Not sure if this would still apply if you voluntarily surrendered it for transit. Maybe if you arranged in advance for them to hold it -- you might want to call them directly and confirm one way or the other.

As noted in a similar post yesterday - directly from RCCL's website -

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000mSSuPZeKNEIHVnrzd_CaWpF:12hdhubrs?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Not sure if this would still apply if you voluntarily surrendered it for transit. Maybe if you arranged in advance for them to hold it -- you might want to call them directly and confirm one way or the other.

Okay thanks for the help. I was hoping it might be different for transatlantics where the cruise is also a way of getting from A-B, it would be nice to bring along some souvenirs, but a shame to have them confiscated for good. I'll try calling RC tomorrow.

Okay thanks for the help. I was hoping it might be different for transatlantics where the cruise is also a way of getting from A-B, it would be nice to bring along some souvenirs, but a shame to have them confiscated for good. I'll try calling RC tomorrow.

I'm not sure. It's a good question. Let us know what they say. But...I KNOW that you can buy liquor at port stops and have them store it. So, if you can't bring it with you on embarkation day, you could plan on picking up a few bottles at your port stop before you head across the Atlantic.

We were given a bottle of Limoncello by a lovely man in Italy. We simply handed it over when we got back onboard and it was returned to us on the last night. It's not a problem if you are not intending drinking it onboard - they will be happy to look after it for you.

Archived