Nifty & Thrifty Find's

I have seen a couple of posts about taking power strips for their cabins. I was watching tv last week and saw a segment talking about plugin that had three electrical outlets and two ups outlets. I missed where to buy. Anyone have any ideas?

Belkin makes good products. They can be found on Amazon, but probably many other places. We use this one.

131586.JPG

The prongs can be rotated to have the strip be horizontal (either direction) or vertical.

Edited by 5326jan

Belkin makes good products. They can be found on Amazon, but probably many other places. We use this one.

131586.JPG

The prongs can be rotated to have the strip be horizontal (either direction) or vertical.

Thanks for the info. Think it would be good to have

131586.JPG

I have that one. Works great on the ships.

I bought mine online from a computer supply place when I ordered printer ink.

Edited by KandCsailing

• 2 weeks later...

I found this last week at our local Dollar Tree. It's the drops that you put in the toilet to prevent odor after you use the loo. One or two drops before your business and one drop after you business. We've tried it in our house and it really does work! :eek: $1.00 (.67 oz) is much cheaper than $9.95 for a 2oz bottle of the real deal!

9afdbc7cd5fc4170418af11bdda55cf8.jpg

Please don't put chemicals in the toilets that may cause mechanical problems - marine plumbing is VERY different that what you have at home. If the stink bothers you, just use a room deodorizer.

I believe that this is essential oils that are plant based.

Please don't put chemicals in the toilets that may cause mechanical problems - marine plumbing is VERY different that what you have at home. If the stink bothers you, just use a room deodorizer.

These are completely safe essential oils that don't hurt the marine toilets or the environment!

We like the Poo Pourri line. :) It's more expensive than the Dollar Tree version, but looks nice in the bathroom.

h202828.001?$uslarge$

It comes from Amazon and many other retailers. Several sizes.

These are completely safe essential oils that don't hurt the marine toilets or the environment!

We like the Poo Pourri line. :) It's more expensive than the Dollar Tree version, but looks nice in the bathroom.

h202828.001?$uslarge$

It comes from Amazon and many other retailers. Several sizes.

Yes, it does look nicer!

Hi Guys,

I have found and used a new website which tracks the price of cruises free of charge:

CruisePriceTracker,com

Saved me a few hundred Dollars which I enjoyed spending onboard at the Crown Grill on my recent Caribbean cruise

Hope this helps both first time cruisers and the more travelled contributors alike!

:D

Lucky you...it has happened to me twice...once in London and once in Italy.

Add to that - being in another country, outside your pharmacy/physician hours, toss in some chest pain or a broken leg in a foreign ER and no recollection or list of what meds you are taking and you've got a big ole mess. Everyone thinks they will remember the names and dosages - trust an ER nurse - you won't always. And "that pink pill, you know the one you take for your nerves and the medium size oval one for your blood pressure - you know the one" is not going to make it any easier for someone trying to save your/spouse/friend's life. Why would you even?

Add to that - being in another country, outside your pharmacy/physician hours, toss in some chest pain or a broken leg in a foreign ER and no recollection or list of what meds you are taking and you've got a big ole mess. Everyone thinks they will remember the names and dosages - trust an ER nurse - you won't always. And "that pink pill, you know the one you take for your nerves and the medium size oval one for your blood pressure - you know the one" is not going to make it any easier for someone trying to save your/spouse/friend's life. Why would you even?

Believe it or not my dental hygienist told me to write my meds on a sheet of paper & carry it in my wallet.

I have a few health issues, so for when we travel I had the major issues imprinted on dog tags, that I now wear all the time.

If you have a pacemaker, it would help them with the info of model & leads, etc.

Not exactly "Thrifty " , but nifty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! Great idea! On our next cruise of 8 days (QM2), dining every night is formal! ***! I haven't even owned anything formal for years. Well, trotted off to my favorite thrift stores and found beautiful formal dresses with jackets, really neat Chico's Travelers pants that looks like a long skirt, Chico's tops, jackets, and dress heels all for under $100.00! I'll need a few of these things for our cruise home so I'll donate what is no longer needed to a thrift store in England; might even find some neat things there to fill the empty space in my suitcase:)

I wish it was that easy for my husband's clothes...only been lucky with shirts so far (one beauty from eBay). I'll take all suggestions if anyone has any.

I am the Queen of the thrift store and Salvation Army. I can find many top labels in very good condition.

The $$$ store is amazing for travel size items that can be left behind at the end of a cruise.

I always find little things that I would not have thought of.

Lynda

I pack jewelry, socks, stuff in kitchen containers like lunch meat or soft margarine come in. Then I use the containers in the drawers on the ship to organize the small stuff. Also used one to set my magnifying mirror (bring that too!) so it was high enough to see. And, different thought... DH brings silk undies so they can be washed out in sink also. (Silk or something really light, not the white cotton for sure! )

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Travalo perfume sprays. Each one costs about £10, but I can load my favourite spray perfumes into these small containers, with a different colour for each perfume. The inner container is about the size of a lipstick and the window ensures I see when they a low and need topping up before we go. The out plastic container protects them. My husband has one in black for his aftershave.

No more carrying 3-5 fancy weighty bottles which I am always concerned may break in the suitcase.

Although they sound expensive they save so much weight, and they make great gifts - giving or receiving.

I love my Travalo perfume sprays. Each one costs about £10, but I can load my favourite spray perfumes into these small containers, with a different colour for each perfume. The inner container is about the size of a lipstick and the window ensures I see when they a low and need topping up before we go. The out plastic container protects them. My husband has one in black for his aftershave.

No more carrying 3-5 fancy weighty bottles which I am always concerned may break in the suitcase.

Although they sound expensive they save so much weight, and they make great gifts - giving or receiving.

I travel for a living and these are amazing, although the brand of mine is Flo. I got from Amazon for about $10 but the other was from the Walgreens clearance shelf for like $5 I think. They are really great and WELL worth the money.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V904J8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1