Nifty & Thrifty Find's

Amen...not everyone wants light in their room while sleeping. My light is left in the bathroom and is not an impact on my neighbors. I am sure this leaving the light on in the veranda works well for your intentions, but now that you realize the impact on others, an adjustment would be greatly appreciated.

Nicci

I read a tip from another poster and thought that it was kind of cool idea so thought that I will share.

The Dollar Stores sell those 2 to a pack airfresheners on a string. They are in the Auto asile and are meant to be hung from rearview car mirrors. The poster brought these and tied them to something in the bathroom.

It takes up such little space, costs next to nothing and is a great idea to keep the bathroom smelling fresh..

I always find these way too over powering. I bought some Yankee Candle ones for the car and they were stinking! After being outside for about 6 weeks I could put them back in and it was not too bad.

But the ones described from the Dollar Tree wouldn't be a hardship just to toss them if they overpowered the small space in the bathroom/cabin.

Better to buy a small room spray- Yankee Candle makes a very small one and so does Scentsy if you know a dealer. Really comes in handy in the bathroom! I keep mine in my suitcase. Yankee is a true aerosol, but the Scentsy is not - just a spray.

Very interesting and informative thread, thank you for all the good ideas. Keep them coming.

On our last cruise 2 weeks ago, I saw op the open sun deck someone had these es 2 very nifty hard plastic clips holding down their towels on either side of the top part of the deck chair ..it makes that your towel does not crawl down behind your back while laying in the sun in an upwards position. It will also keep your towel in the upwards position when you get up to go somewhere. It can even be used on the balcony to keep sun hats etc from being blown away. The clips were in the shape of a crocodile's mouth holding the towel in position.

It was so neat, I have never seen it being sold anywhere. That is something I am now looking for, for my deck chair for our next cruise.

Very interesting and informative thread, thank you for all the good ideas. Keep them coming.

On our last cruise 2 weeks ago, I saw op the open sun deck someone had these es 2 very nifty hard plastic clips holding down their towels on either side of the top part of the deck chair ..it makes that your towel does not crawl down behind your back while laying in the sun in an upwards position. It will also keep your towel in the upwards position when you get up to go somewhere. It can even be used on the balcony to keep sun hats etc from being blown away. The clips were in the shape of a crocodile's mouth holding the towel in position.

It was so neat, I have never seen it being sold anywhere. That is something I am now looking for, for my deck chair for our next cruise.

I am not sure about the crocodile's mouth, but at the Dollar Tree they have packages of 8 clothes pins that have a bowed out shape in the clip so that it would grasp a rounded edge (like the tubular shape of the top of the chaise lounges). I have been using these for exactly the purpose that you described and for hanging things from the small railing at the edge of the shelf where the tv stand is (Princess Ships).

Those are boca clips and can be found at bed bath and beyond. Also amazon or boca clip website. Just google. Wouldn't travel without them. We have all the characters b/c we always have beach guests that love to sit in the sun. Highly recommend boca clips!

We found some at Walmart. They had parrot shapes, flamingo shapes etc.... They were a seasonal item and found in two places in the store: around the swimming pool chemicals and accessories and again around the seasonal displays of beach towels, beach chairs etc.... They came 2 to a pack and were around $8. I was at Walmart yesterday and they already have their swimsuits out so it shouldn't be too long.

Check online as well. :) If you eBay, go to thier site and use----- beach chair clips -or- boca clips in the search engine. It will pull up several of them.

They do come in handy for the balcony. We used them to hold down our swimsuits to dry. The regular clothspins just did not seem thick enough to go around the chairs.

Good Luck.

Edited by Hoosiercouple

Is this what you are talking about? If it is, they're cute!

http://www.amazon.com/Beach-Towel-University-Florida-Gators/dp/B0089C1JRE

:eek: Those must cost more because of the Gator logo! On bocaclips.com they're only 6.97 but often have specials on bulk buys.

36000.jpg

1_thumb.jpg

You can also find them seasonally at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $7 and if you use you coupon save 20%! :D

[ATTACH]261751[/ATTACH]

These are the clips that I was able to get at the Dollar Tree. They come in a pkg of 8... For $1. The Boca clips are adorable, but these will be fine for my purposes.

Nicci

Wow, what a bargain. What section of the store did you find them in?

:)

[ATTACH]261751[/ATTACH]

These are the clips that I was able to get at the Dollar Tree. They come in a pkg of 8... For $1. The Boca clips are adorable, but these will be fine for my purposes.

Nicci

Oh! These would be much better for an Alaskan cruise, since we probably won't be swimming and have wet suits to hang outside (and might not dry too well in the chilly air). I'd rather pay $1.00 for a bunch and then just leave them there :)

Thanks for the info....and yea, I'd like to know which department you found them in too :)

~ Shari

They were with the hangers and other "laundry" stuff... I also found some "over the door" garment hooks, that we used on the small railing that was around the shelf that the TV was on, to hang our hats on, to keep them off of the surfaces that clutter up so easily. I used them on our last cruise and they worked out well

I found flamingis and dolphins at Walmart for $1. They were called Boca Clips.

I found flamingis and dolphins at Walmart for $1. They were called Boca Clips.

I got two sets last year from Walmart on clearance for $2.50. For the cute favor (and because I love anything flamingo) I picked a few up. If you really like the idea they do tend to go on clearance. Might be worth looking out for at the end of the season.

[ATTACH]261751[/ATTACH]

Nicci

Yay! Thanks for the tip. I just found the clips at Dollar Tree for my 14 day balcony cruise through the Panama canal. I also picked up the little folding box and a laundry bag. These items will be so helpful, we've done 3 in a cabin for 7 days and it gets a bit disorganized, I can't imagine how it will be after 14. As a bonus I found a notepad that has a central America map as the background, and some st. Patrick's day decorations for the doors. Great thread thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I would order apple juice and iced tea in the Dining Room or get them on the Lido and you have a delicious drink by mixing them together! You can also do this with Lemonade and iced tea! No extra charges and it was as good as my usual soda I would normally drink!

Ok, so I spent today reading all 14 pages of this thread.

I don't use alot of what is shared here. I have never had a problem with clutter in the cabin, and ....I don't use the drawers either!

Also, I never put the suitcases under the bed, too worried about bed bugs :eek:

I don't want to bring anything like that home.

Here's what we do, a garbage bag for laundry. I clip it to one of the pant hangers in the closet, it is used for undies and socks. All worn clothes are folded and put on the shelves in the closet. Garment bag is emptied and the garments are hung in the closet on one side. There is a luggage rack on the other side. That is where I lift up and put our other suitcase, leaving everything in it. Other suitcases go on the floor underneath that suitcase, leaving some room on the other side for shoes. All tidy and all in the closet. I keep toiletries in a zip lock bag on a shelf in the closet, hubby's shaving gear in those tiny shelves behind the mirror in the bathroom.

But here is my suggestion for this forum:

I love flowers and love to purchase them in port (with permission of the cruise director/staff) but what to put them in????? Well everyone's favourite store -- the Dollar Tree, has these vases that are flat for transport, but open up when filled with water and even have beads in them for decoration. I saw them the other day and thought wow, that will be great for my next cruise. I didn't pick them up on that trip but I haven't stopped thinking about them so I will go back and get a couple. They are made out of durable plastic and the beads absorb water and make it stable. So it is safe for the cabin if it should fall over in high seas!