How do you pack your formal gowns?

I guess those of you who fly to the port- if you have full gowns how do you pack them in a suitcase?? My boyfriend and I only wanted to take 1 suitcase each this time because of the price for extra bags, and I wasn't sure how I would put a big dress into a wheeling suitcase? Other cruises I've had slinky dresses that cold fold up without being wrinkled, but this time I'm thinking about going all out.

Any ideas?

I put anything that might wrinkle/crease into a dry-cleaning bag, and put those things on top of everything else...they're the LAST to go into the suitcase before we head out the door. (Don't pack them weeks in advance!!!) I fold only as many times as it takes to get them in the suitcase, dry-cleaning bag and all! The plastic allows the fabric to "slide" so it won't wrinkle!

I use dry cleaner bags with good results. Before you put the dress on the hanger, put a dry cleaner bag on the hanger first, hang the dress. Then, fold a second dry cleaner bag over a second hanger (pants hangers work well, the kind with the tacky cardboard bar), hang the lower portion of the dress over the second hanger. Dry cleaner bags over the top of both hangers, it will resemble a V\ configuration.

Whatever you do, don't "squish" the clothes into the suitcase. A little compression so clothes don't shift, but too much settles creases.

I hang on to dry cleaners wire hangers for travel, the foam covered ones to reduce slippage and the cardboard, sticky pants hangers. All the other ones we return to the cleaners. Many dry cleaners will provide you with extra bags, some of them do charge. We also re-use the plastic bags stores hang over garments when you purchase.

:confused::confused:

I use dry cleaner bags with good results. Before you put the dress on the hanger, put a dry cleaner bag on the hanger first, hang the dress. Then, fold a second dry cleaner bag over a second hanger (pants hangers work well, the kind with the tacky cardboard bar), hang the lower portion of the dress over the second hanger. Dry cleaner bags over the top of both hangers, it will resemble a V\ configuration.

Whatever you do, don't "squish" the clothes into the suitcase. A little compression so clothes don't shift, but too much settles creases.

I hang on to dry cleaners wire hangers for travel, the foam covered ones to reduce slippage and the cardboard, sticky pants hangers. All the other ones we return to the cleaners. Many dry cleaners will provide you with extra bags, some of them do charge. We also re-use the plastic bags stores hang over garments when you purchase.

My question is: If you don't usually have clothing dry cleaned, how does

one get the dry cleaner bags? Would the people at the Dry Cleaners

sell some? :confused: :rolleyes:

:confused::confused:

My question is: If you don't usually have clothing dry cleaned, how does

one get the dry cleaner bags? Would the people at the Dry Cleaners

sell some? :confused: :rolleyes:

Yes, they will. They may even give you a few.

My brother in law takes everything to the cleaners, so we just ask him to save some for us in advance. I'll even recycle and use the same ones several times.

Archived