Afternoon Cookies???

Ms. Alpha

We just returned from a 10 day Panama Canal cruise and were surprised to have cookies delivereed to our cabin late every afternoon. :) Sometimes they arrived when we were out, but other times a room service steward (I assume, because it was not our cabin steward) would knock on the door and hand over a plate. There were usually 2 large cookies similar to what they serve on the pool deck, but sometimes there were a couple smaller cookies as well or maybe just 4 small ones. They arrived on a plate covered with plastic wrap with our cabin number written on it in magic marker.;)

My question is why did we get these? Didn't want to ask while on board because we didn't want to see the end of a good thing. At first we thought it was a mini-suite perk, since we got a surprise upgrade at check-in. When we talked to our table mates who were in a mini-suite, they said they weren't getting cookies. :confused:

Did the previously booked cruiser pre-order these? We understand he was a last minute cancellation since his name was on the cabin when we arrived, plus his invitiation to the first time cruisers get together. Also his name still showed up at check-in - they asked if there were 3 in our party. We also got a page for him in our final bill, but fortunately he didn't spend anything!!!! :D

One sad note. I planned bo bag up the uneaten cookies for sustinance on the trip home, but they disappeared on the last evening. :(We probably had 2 or 3 large cookies and a few smaller ones left. Oh well, they were a mystery, but were certaingly enjoyed when we had an unusual craving!

A COOKIE BONUS, how neat is that? Sorry, but never heard of them being delivered to the stateroom before, not even a mini or full suite.

I have no guess as to why they were brought to your stateroom each afternoon. But they sound delicious! :)

It's possible they were delivered in error. We once arranged for chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to our cabin, but later ended up changing cabins (explained here....http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23710132&postcount=7 ). When our our strawberries never arrived, it was discovered that they were sent to our previous cabin. :eek:

Or maybe someone arranged to have them delivered to you as a gift. :)

We just returned from a 10 day Panama Canal cruise and were surprised to have cookies delivereed to our cabin late every afternoon. :) Sometimes they arrived when we were out, but other times a room service steward (I assume, because it was not our cabin steward) would knock on the door and hand over a plate. There were usually 2 large cookies similar to what they serve on the pool deck, but sometimes there were a couple smaller cookies as well or maybe just 4 small ones. They arrived on a plate covered with plastic wrap with our cabin number written on it in magic marker.;)

My question is why did we get these? Didn't want to ask while on board because we didn't want to see the end of a good thing. At first we thought it was a mini-suite perk, since we got a surprise upgrade at check-in. When we talked to our table mates who were in a mini-suite, they said they weren't getting cookies. :confused:

Did the previously booked cruiser pre-order these? We understand he was a last minute cancellation since his name was on the cabin when we arrived, plus his invitiation to the first time cruisers get together. Also his name still showed up at check-in - they asked if there were 3 in our party. We also got a page for him in our final bill, but fortunately he didn't spend anything!!!! :D

One sad note. I planned bo bag up the uneaten cookies for sustinance on the trip home, but they disappeared on the last evening. :(We probably had 2 or 3 large cookies and a few smaller ones left. Oh well, they were a mystery, but were certaingly enjoyed when we had an unusual craving!

The prior passenger may not have cancelled but upgraded also.

When we checked in the clerk asked a supervisor about the "3rd person" in our room and the supervisor said that the other reservation had been cancelled. If he ordered the cookies we did enjoy them. We did not have children with us either, and the room service people did not say anything specific when they delivered them other than "here are your cookies")

Dang -- I gotta rent some kids for my next cruise!

I have an 18 going on 14 year old son that would be eager to be rented out for a cruise, of course his mama has to be part of it too, it is a package deal.:p

Unless my wife has been eating them when I wasn't looking, we have not gotten cookies delivered.

Hilarious!:D

Sounds like something I might do!

What cookies? It's just that new toothpaste that you smell on my breath!;)

On our Diamond Princess cruise in Alaska last summer, they delivered afternoon cookies to cabins that had children traveling.

We were on the Golden last summer with our Son.

We had a mini suite, but no cookies were delivered to us!:(

No problem though, we just went down to the International Cafe and got a hand full. YUMMMMM

Archived