HOHO Tours

dabear

Does anyone know if these hop on hop off tours in Barcelona are narrated (preferrably in English)? Also can you buy your tickets on the bus?

there are audio tapes available in several languages [including english]

Playa Catalunya is the main pick up are where the 2 main routes intersect.As this is usually very busy they have one queue where you buy your tickets and then join another queue to board whichever bus you prefer

You can check routes and all your want to know about the TMB HOHO bus here: http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat

Depending on when you are going and time of day the lines can be very long.

While you can buy tickets on-line, I believe the voucher can only be redeem at tourist Office in a couple of places such as Placa Catalunya. You may want to confirm that if you do want to advance buy on-line.

If you get on the bus anywhere but at Playa Catalunya, they will have you get off there and go to the office to get your tickets. We had purchased tickets on-line so had our vouchers and that is what they had us do.

Did you go down to the Tourist Office under the plaza to redeem the vouchers FTLcruisers?

Also wondering if this meant that you had to get back into line to reboard.

Though we did get on at Placa Cataluyna the first day without too much delay, the next day we got very little use from our two day pass as the lines were so very long (I guess a cruise or too had arrived :)

I found the buses to be very crowded and the lines long. If you got off somewhere, you might have to wait for 2 or 3 buses to come by before you could get on the next one due to the number of people both on the bus and waiting in line. This was in late March/early April, so not exactly high season. Perhaps they have more buses running then...

However, I wouldn't use them again when there are easier ways to get around Barcelona (e.g., metro).

CruiseMom took the word right out of my head. We could never see the justification for the HoHo in Barcelona since the regular public transit (Metro and buses) is very inexpensive and convenient. There are only a few neigborhoods that most tourists want to visit and it is easy and much faster to simply use the Metro (i.e. from the Ramblas over to Sagrada Familia etc etc). While others are waiting patiently in line to get on a HoHo you will already be at the next site.

Hank

Well said, and I second this! We took a taxi, about 7 Euros to Sagrade from Las Ramblas. Spent 15' there then another 5 Euros to La Pedrera from a no wait queue of taxis. The line for the HOHO was long and the bus looked crowded.

Only consider the HOHO if the whole circle and all the stops are must sees.

CruiseMom took the word right out of my head. We could never see the justification for the HoHo in Barcelona since the regular public transit (Metro and buses) is very inexpensive and convenient. There are only a few neigborhoods that most tourists want to visit and it is easy and much faster to simply use the Metro (i.e. from the Ramblas over to Sagrada Familia etc etc). While others are waiting patiently in line to get on a HoHo you will already be at the next site.

Hank

Did you go down to the Tourist Office under the plaza to redeem the vouchers FTLcruisers?

Also wondering if this meant that you had to get back into line to reboard.

Though we did get on at Placa Cataluyna the first day without too much delay, the next day we got very little use from our two day pass as the lines were so very long (I guess a cruise or too had arrived :)

Yes, we had to get off the bus we were on, walk down to the tourist office, and then get back on another bus. It worked out for us since the red line went near our hotel so we jumped on that to get to the plaza. We wanted to take the blue line tour so would have had to get off the original bus anyway.

Archived