Conceirge Class, how much extra is it worth?

hook13

Booked on the solstice in May, currently aft on Sunrise in deluxe veranda 2B, can move up to aft, C3 on Sky Deck for about 230 per cabin. At what price point is the upgrade to CC "worth it"? Strong opinions welcome, we need to make a decision soon. 6 in our group, 4 first time cruisers, 2 have been in CC on a M class ship in Alaska before and wasn't sure there was a big difference. The perks we are most interested in are priority embarkation (we'll be there early, how early can we get on?) Breakfast in room (how do the options compare versus standard rooms?), and bedding/pillows (are they much better?, is the matress better...it is listed as pillowtop in CC)....It looks like the rooms themselves are exactly the same, not sure if being up 3 decks higher is better as well...all feedback appreciated, thanks!

It all depends on the value to you and what the extra dollars mean to your pocketbook. The extras are not that great. We did not even drink the "champaign" we gave it away. The flowers in the room are nice, we always bring our own on board at embarkation. We asked for a cheese plate instead of the canapés and they gladly brought it daily, but I believe you can get that in the other rooms also. The bedding is really the same. You get some upgraded bathroom products, a leather key holder, etc. We always book Aqua Class to be able to dine in Blu and CC for the extra Cruise credit and enjoy being on the CC floors. They seem to be a little quieter. I hope some of this helps

Have you read about all the issues with the aft cabins on S class ships?

Balcony not covered, patios not larger, soot issues. I Love the aft cabins on the M class ships but I opted for a CC with a larger balcony on S class. There is tons of information on these boards about the various cabin options and a sticky.

I would book cc class, but not an aft. On a larger ship it is worth it for priority embarkation at ports, especially if the price difference is small.

Thanks for the feedback, I have researched a lot on this board, couldn't find specific info on 1285,1289,1293, the three cabins we may move to, our current rooms are a few cabins back from there and a few decks lower- seems like most groups of 3 rooms are aft with what is left...The cost to upgrade won't make or break any of us, but don't want to waste money either if it would be better spent elswhere...just not sure which way to go-

When we were on the Infinity, the CC was only $200 percabin diff, so it was DEFINITELY worth the perks.

On our upcoming Equinox, the diff in price is $600 percabin and not worth it.

The priority boarding won't make a diff. if you are there early.

If you're into champaigne, the bottle is probably worth $20-25, but a nice touch.

The difference in the Breakfast roomservice menue (the card you fill out the night before and put on your door) was GREAT, and well worth the difference. Especially on a 13 night cruise.

The Cheese Tray (we also opted for that - the canapes were not good) was also enjoyed every day.

I think you could talk you room stewart into a special kind of pillow whatever cabin you're in, and the bedding is pretty much the same.

MHO - It would be worth $230 more for the CC cabin.

Hope This Helps.

personally for me, I think it is well worth it. There is a long list of perks that you get. I'm not sure just any room can order free cheese or canapes at any time. While all rooms have room service, CC rooms have 24/7 room service. Though the breakfast menu is expanded, I've heard others say that you can have virtually anything if you ask for it in any of the other rooms. The robes, tote bag, shampoo/soap, etc. are all thoughtful goodies as well.

Also, I do believe in addition to priority embarkation/debarkation, you get priority excursion selections. Like I said, the list is long. To me, it's worth it.

If someone gives me a free bottle of $20-$25 champagne, it will definitely be gone before the day is out! :D

I think the value is less on the S class ships than the M class. On the M class the rooms are larger and nicer, as well as nice locations, but on the S class other than the "amenities" and the extra Captains Club point I don't think there is any difference in the cabin itself.

Also on the M class the CC rooms have a large balcony table than the standard rooms - I presume this is also the case for S class. But hard to say if this is worth the extra money.

As for the Amenities:

Champagne: Worth about $30 on board - $17 retail

Breakfast - We've been able to get anything we like off the standard room menu - cereal, eggs, omelets, etc. I guess with CC you get a table cloth.

Pillows - Your room steward will get you a feather pillow for the asking in any room - we've never bothered with the others and don't recall seeing an actual "pillow menu" in years

Embarkation/disembarkation priority - not worth that much as we haven't seen much of a difference

Towels & linens - the bath robes and towels are nicer in CC but the standard ones are acceptable. Didn't notice much of a difference in bed linens.

Binoculars - the CC ones are toy binoculars - you can buy similar ones for $15 to $20 and own them. If you want real binoculars bring your own.

Umbrellas - our standard rooms have had them, the CC rooms had two different pairs.

Canapes - in the non-cc rooms you can order room service any time - including nice cheese trays and snacks. We were never too fond of the CC Canapes and usually didn't eat them. Didn't usually want stuff left automatically as we often were not in room yet and when we got there we didn't know how long the items had been sitting out.

Tender Priority - might be important to some. I believe our Captains Club status gets us priority in any event. This is a nice feature if you don't get this perk and have lots of tender ports where you are not on ship's excursions, but is hard to value.

Bottom line - On M Class I'd say the $230 is a no brainer due to room size and location but on S class it would be a much more difficult decision and would depend more on room location and availability than the CC amenities for us.

While all rooms have room service, CC rooms have 24/7 room service.

The Celebrity website states:

"Perhaps a day of kayaking, shopping or golfing has you feeling pleasantly languid - or was it the afternoon spent relaxing with a novel that has you so serene? Either way, when you're in the mood to relax and dine in the comfort of your stateroom, Celebrity offers complimentary 24-hour in-stateroom dining. Count on the same personal service and delicious cuisine you've come to expect from Celebrity. "

I hope that means for everyone, not just CC rooms!

...While all rooms have room service, CC rooms have 24/7 room service....

All rooms have this. Only difference on CC rooms I've noted was a few odd items on the breakfast menu like the smoothies, the larger table on the balcony for eating at and that they are supposed to put a table cloth down and set the table for breakfast - which they sometimes do and sometimes do not.

All rooms have this. Only difference on CC rooms I've noted was a few odd items on the breakfast menu like the smoothies, the larger table on the balcony for eating at and that they are supposed to put a table cloth down and set the table for breakfast - which they sometimes do and sometimes do not.

While I'm hearing that more and more, is there a charge for room service in other cabins while in CC it's "free?" If not, then they need to take that off the list as an added benefit. On the website, the list includes 24/7 for CC and above while the regular cabins didn't. It would be nice if they had more detailed comparisons so people can make a more informed choice.

While I'm hearing that more and more, is there a charge for room service in other cabins while in CC it's "free?" If not, then they need to take that off the list as an added benefit. On the website, the list includes 24/7 for CC and above while the regular cabins didn't. It would be nice if they had more detailed comparisons so people can make a more informed choice.

The website says "complimentary". I think the only difference is that you get some different choices with CC.

The only one I've read about that I remember is fresh-squeezed OJ. I don't usually get that at home, and it's not worth a few hundred dollars a week for me to get it on a cruise, although I would LOVE it! Hmmmm, can I bring a reamer and order a dozen fresh oranges at breakfast???? :eek::D

In addition to what others have mentioned, there is a fruit tray which is kept full for you daily. Of course you can get the same items on the buffet, but it is nice to have some in your cabin.

The things which are of most value to me are:

1. :DExtra Captain's Club credit

2. ;)I think they assign better housekeeping staff to the higher classification cabins (at least that has been my limited experience).

3. :)The towels (larger and thicker)

4. :Dpillow menu - they offer you down, down alternative, and foam pillows as well as a body pillow if you like. We did not see the pillow menu, but if you ask for the pillows, they are available to you.

5. fresh squeezed orange juice:) (also offered in suites) - for which there is a charge if you get it in the buffet.

I had only been in sky suites and a sunset verandah before our recent concierge class on Solstice. The concierge class experience was very close to the suite experience and the sunset verandah was not.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your cruise!

Doris

In addition to what others have mentioned, there is a fruit tray which is kept full for you daily. Of course you can get the same items on the buffet, but it is nice to have some in your cabin.

The things which are of most value to me are:

1. :DExtra Captain's Club credit

2. ;)I think they assign better housekeeping staff to the higher classification cabins (at least that has been my limited experience).

3. :)The towels (larger and thicker)

4. :Dpillow menu - they offer you down, down alternative, and foam pillows as well as a body pillow if you like. We did not see the pillow menu, but if you ask for the pillows, they are available to you.

5. fresh squeezed orange juice:) (also offered in suites) - for which there is a charge if you get it in the buffet.

I had only been in sky suites and a sunset verandah before our recent concierge class on Solstice. The concierge class experience was very close to the suite experience and the sunset verandah was not.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your cruise!

Doris

Thanks Doris!

Regarding the Champagne-If you don't like it, you can take it to dinner and exchange it for a bottle of wine. They will credit your account with $20.00 and you pay the difference for the wine you select. We did this on our recent Equinox cruise at Tuscan Grill. We sailed Aquaclass on that cruise and ordered room service breakfast twice. We never got a tablecloth or had the balcony table set for us. We had to do it ourselves.I know, poor us. But we did enjoy the extra amenities and have booked CC on the Constellation next February.

Shelley

As far as we are concerned, on M class CC-1 is the only way to go. On the S class, vis-a-vis Equinox, our preference is AQ with a very early booking. We now are inclined to nothing less than a ten night, or fourteen night cruise cruise,probably about twice a year, which will be a reduction from our previous cruise schedule. We now feel that once we have experienced Equinox in AQ that we do not wish to reduce the quality of our cruise experience, except possiblly the 14 night cruises on the Constellation, which is not really a reducdtion of the aforesaid.

Unless the cost of the CC is near to matching a regular verandah, we found the perks to be worth very little. In fact, not sure what I would pay extra for....except that it did add one more point to our Cap. Club Membership and on M class nicer room. Those are the two I'd pay a bit more for. NOT hundreds.

Embarkation.... There are many lines with customer service help. If one agent has no wait, the staff will just send anyone, any level, over to move the lines along. In other words, everyone gets checked in quickly, no matter what level club or room category.

Disembarkation....CC rooms will wait for their number to be called in a separate area with coffee and maybe sweet rolls, I think I remember. We tend to wait where we want. Not neccesarily disembarking at the time or from the place "assigned".

Robes...we actually asked for the lighter weight robes as the heavier ones were too hot for us on one of the Carib cruises.

Fruit..we never touched it as there was too much eating OUT of the room.

Sparkling wine. UGH. Mix it with your oj in the morning or trade it for something and pay the diffference in the dining room .

In our regular rooms...

Room service 24/7 (no fee)

Breakfast menu does have eggs, bacon etc. My DH ordered omelets, fresh fruit plates and I believe he also got fresh oj when he wrote it in.

Umbrella...check

Tote bag....don't use or take any style

MDR menu Dinner served to room. (Ask for a tablecloth and get one)

Pillows...There are 4 on the bed and never needed to switch them out.

Bedding....honestly didn't find anything upgraded in the sheets and duvet.

Appetizers...my DH is a cheese man and occasionally would bring a dish with fresh cheese and breads/crackers from the buffet ( or a plate of beef and cheese nachos ) for our balcony time happy hour.

Priority Excursions....If there is a waiting list, the CC will be pulled to the top of the list. However, there is RARELY any kind of waiting list for excursions in the Carib. And if it would be something more "exotic" like a Dolphin Encounter, most people preorder at home because of the specialized nature and fewer spots available. ( It would be different in the Med.)

It's hard to say if CC is a good value for anyone. It's up to the individual. After trying it once, we prefer to spend the extra money in other ways. (Just not enough offered that can't be received in a regualr room. I think the "list" impresses people, precruise.) An extra night or more upscale hotel precruise IS worth it to us. :D

On M class, I'd pay up to $300 pp for it, better locations, bigger cabin, On S it would depend, it'd have to be one of the angled balconies for no more than an extra $200 pp (that's on an at least 10 day itn.) If I was just 1 credit away from a higher status on the CC I'd get it for the extra credit.

By the way, AQ on a ten night cruise is probably worth $1500-$2000, more in food quality and service. And maybe even more if you have an angled balcony.

I paid $400 more to go from a C3 to AQ of a 14 day TA. Guess I did okay. I really enjoy Blu and the Persian Gardens on all those sea days will be wonderful.

By the way, AQ on a ten night cruise is probably worth $1500-$2000, more in food quality and service. And maybe even more if you have an angled balcony.

Goes to show how much value is a personal thing. There's no way I'd pay that much more for an AQ. You could eat in the most expensive of the Specialty Restaurant's every night for $350.

Phil

You mean you'ld pay $150 to $200 per night just to eat in the Blu/??

I think you can be in an inside cabin and pay $30 per to eat there ($60 per night). Why would it be your choice to pay THREE TIMES what you would have to???

Archived